Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I'm offically a believer...

Troy Smith has disaster written all over him. He wouldn't survive in this system the way Boller has. Also, Boller is a proven Pro Bowl talent. Smith is a project AT BEST.

WTF!!

Either you are being sarcastic or you are straight up crackhead.

If you are being sarcastic, use this

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It's people like him who are the reason our fanbase is hated.

Just another prick to add to the ignore list.
    Am I the only one that can see that changing QBs (especially downgrading from Boller to Smith) won't do anything as long as our O-line plays like crap and the playcalling is atrocious? Boller can win out for us and carry that momentum over to next season. Boller is the winningest QB in Ravens history, Smith isn't even on the same level.

Boller is the winningest QB in Ravens history, Smith isn't even on the same level.

Good lord, you are a crackhead.

Smith has outperformed Boller the last 2 games, and has not even played a full game.

Boller hasn't won a road game in almost 3 years, the winningest QB can't even win a game on the road.

Heap, please ignore the troll. He comes with vintage YBR class.

Damn, people should be lucky I am not a mod today.

Blog Entries

here's my honest assessment...

First two passes, Smith was just a more elusive Kyle. His throws were short, but he escaped the sack.

The rest of the time, he was poised and confident, but our passing game was the 2 min drill, so it was pretty much "hit slant, repeat". I think on a couple plays he missed wide open check down receivers to go for #1 reads in double or tight coverage.

As for going forward, I'd say to start him,because at this point, I'd almost rather have the Ravens forfeit their last two games. Smith has looked good in limited action, but some part of me focuses on that "limited action" part. He hasn't been in the whole game yet, so we can't tell if he'd look as good when he's got to play the whole time. I can't even tell where the problems are on this team anymore, i think this season was just doomed. When Stover misses a 40 yarder, and he's never missed in OT, that's telling me circumstances were just against us today.

Get ready for a ton of misery Baltimore, because until game 1 of next year, we will be the worst team in the league. Our record says nothing about how we're playing right now, and we're going down in the books as the crappiest team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    Boller is the winningest QB in Ravens history, Smith isn't even on the same level.

Good lord, you are a crackhead.

Smith has outperformed Boller the last 2 games, and has not even played a full game.

Boller hasn't won a road game in almost 3 years, the winningest QB can't even win a game on the road.
    Are you honestly telling us you can't see the extreme sarcasm?

PP

Are you honestly telling us you can't see the extreme sarcasm?
    PP these guys are just waking up, give them some time to stretch a little
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

He's just poised, impressively poised. The decision makign will hopefully come.

Well, like every other QB to play here, it won't be long before the OL destroys his poise. Troy will get the will beaten out of him too, and he'll become gunshy like everyone else. And it won't even be his fault.

I'm hoping he becomes a better version of Vince Young. Vince isn't lighting the league up, so I don't mean passing-wise.

I'm literally hoping he can just snap the ball and haul ass. Get out into space and then try to throw the ball.

Who knows. Maybe he's got the wheels to succeed in our offense. Its definately time to find out.

BTW I thought this was interesting:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,7135579.story

Quarterbacks: B

Kyle Boller had a couple of bad throws but was accurate most of the game when he had time. Backup Troy Smith showed poise late, but the best quarterback in Miami was Bob Griese
    I want to see the Preston lovers spin this one.

Smith isn't the future. Boller is. That's why he got the extension. The team and organization trust him. He should finish out the season so they can carry on the momentum. Boller has poise, see the Patriots game, but the O-line can't protect him.

Dick Enberg pointed this out multiple times during the Chargers game. Case in point, the 3rd and 15 in the 3rd quarter where Enberg made the comment about the Raven's "occasionally" protecting Boller, Boller took a few steps to his right, and rocketed the ball to Mason. It was dead on balls perfect because he stepped into the throw. He doesn't do that all the time. I think part of it is the mentality of not truly trusting his line, but when he does step in, his throws are great. It's something he still needs to get over.

Boller needs the reps to show what he has.

Smith isn't the future. Boller is. That's why he got the extension

Ok, weither you are being sarcastic or not, just stop with rediculous statements.

Boller got a 1-year extension with the intention of being Steve McNair's back-up.

If he was intended to be the future, why was McNair brought here? To tutor our future?