Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Time management-Attn. Ravens

losac lets be fair about billick, he has never done this in a regular season game. trying it in practice and preseason is a different story. getting back to what I was saying earlier about the offense knowing a few plays while stepping up to the line instead of huddling up is the positive to take away from all of this. I think they will get better as the preseason winds down and the regular season starts up. The team is really looking good.
    Knowing this, why leave it in the refs hands?
    Because they are part of the game. Its there job to get that ball set and ready. Better that they are aware of this flub now then in the reg season. I'm glad billick called them out on this in case we are in this sitiuation again perhaps the refs wont switch up the balls.

If the Ravens are faced with this scenario agaisnt the Stealers (down by 7, 18 or 19 seconds on the 2nd hald game clock) and we win, we can all look back and say how foolish we were to ever doubt them. But right now, today, in the scenario we just faced...it was a fools decision.
    Going into halftime you want to score points. You have two whole quarters to score more points. true if the ravens are down by 7 points in the 4th and they run the FG unit out there would be hell to pay.
    Ask Mike Holmgren about leaving the game in the refs hands.
    Good joke but with all seriousness you should expect a good job from the refs and for them to make the correct calls.

If it was a regular season game, and we lost by 3 points, wouldn't be a bigger deal than it is now?
    I dont know if its because people are so sick of billick but we have to keep in mind that at this point in the game it was half time.

I agree with that article. it made reinforced the intial feelings I had when the play unfolded.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 08-21-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Oh, I'm not sick of Billick at all. I like Billick. Personally I was under the understanding that Jim Fassel calls the plays the whole 100 yards of the field. And judging by the track record of our two minute offense, I'm inclined to believe that they would do this in a game.

Going into halftime you want to score points.
    Right. But the problem is we didn't score any. We came away with 0 points instead of 3 or 7. Refs fault or not we put ourselves in that position.

Right. But the problem is we didn't score any. We came away with 0 points instead of 3 or 7. Refs fault or not we put ourselves in that position.
    Hopefully in the regular season they wont waste there TO so that something like this doesnt happen. Without having the TO's it Killed their chances of scoring. Didnt they burn one on a challege. I forget.

Because they are part of the game. Its there job to get that ball set and ready. Better that they are aware of this flub now then in the reg season. I'm glad billick called them out on this in case we are in this sitiuation again perhaps the refs wont switch up the balls.
    dude, what turnip truck did you fall off of? Do you seriously think that the refs give a rats ass that Billick called them out? Sure, they are a part of the game, but their calls/decisions are also an unknown variable and no coach should ever ASSUME that they will do their jobs correctly.

Going into halftime you want to score points. You have two whole quarters to score more points. true if the ravens are down by 7 points in the 4th and they run the FG unit out there would be hell to pay.
    I think you know what I meant. The statemnt doesn't change if you replace 7 with 3.

Good joke but with all seriousness you should expect a good job from the refs and for them to make the correct calls.
    SHOULD is the operative word here...it doesn't always happen. In a situation like this, why leave no room for error?

I dont know if its because people are so sick of billick but we have to keep in mind that at this point in the game it was half time.
    I am actually a Billick fan, but you have to admit that his 2-minute clock management has been horrible over the years.

dude, what turnip truck did you fall off of?
    Lets keep it civil. :D

Do you seriously think that the refs give a rats ass that Billick called them out? Sure, they are a part of the game, but their calls/decisions are also an unknown variable and no coach should ever ASSUME that they will do their jobs correctly.
    No i dont think that they give a "rats ass" about billick but I think we all agree that the Refs did fuck up. Billick calling attention to it gets the attention of the officials in NY to have the ref look at for situations like this in the game. Its not uncommon for the refs to be reminded of a rule when they screw up. We do agree that the refs fucked up right?

I am actually a Billick fan, but you have to admit that his 2-minute clock management has been horrible over the years
    You'll get no arguement from me about that. The 2 minute drill has been horendous...I can only think of two that were really successful and they were done by banks and Grbac

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Last year Boller successfully led one to the winning FG against Houston.

That being said, most times we seem to do some odd shit.

like go 3 and out, fumble the football , drop a catchable pass. (see kevin johnson vs Chiefs 2 years back.) or just run the ball with 17 seconds left and fail to get the kick off....

You line up and go to the corner, us or nobody, or throw it away and make the kick. Quick and easy, it's there or it's not, but you definately stop the clock for the kick.

Alhtough the Ravens wasted valuable time. The Refs seemed like they were against us the entire game. They sure took their time getting the ball in place for the snap. Remember it's only pre-season.

:usa: