YPA: 6.15
    Lng: 38
    TD: 4
    INT: 3
    Sak: 6
    Rat: 79.7
    Record: 3-1

Re: Boller vs. McNair: Road Statistics

The vocal critics have been silenced this week because they have seen the stats for themselves but it is nice of you providing it for everyone to see. Nice leg work FTB.

IMO Mac is doing fine and a whole lot better than any of our other QBs from the past few years. Stats and W-L columns dont lie.

Wow. Great find FTB. Way to pick and choose stats.

So just to be clear on the hypocrisy, when a "Hugger" picks and chooses games it's because they're trying to make Boller look good.

When one of you... people... do it it's to show the truth?

It order to be fair, why don't you bother showing us the entire seasons stats. That is unless of course you can't find them.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot that you... people... refuse to admit that there is something either wrong with this system or that we have had the worst QBs in the NFL for the last seven or eight years.

Why don't you try posting Boller and McNairs last four games in a Ravens uniform?
    Care to show us McNairs stats for the year?

Yeah that's kind of what I expected from y'all.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This is coming from the guy who went out of his way to include AW into a "combined" stat total with Kyle Boller. Given the fact that he hates "RADIO", well lets just say its real easy to see that Darb is the one Picking and Choosing stats to fit his argument.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot that you... people... refuse to admit that there is something either wrong with this system or that we have had the worst QBs in the NFL for the last seven or eight years.

Why don't you try posting Boller and McNairs last four games in a Ravens uniform?

Yeah that's kind of what I expected from y'all.
    The system regardless of how bad it is, it was capable enough to be part of a superbowl team and go to 3 playoffs with 3 different QBs. Maybe you're right but when we have a QB like Mcnair I'd like to give it a little more time to develop. If we were 2-5 You'd be on the money with your analysis but at this point we are 5-2 and there seems to be a change in the way the offense is playing.

This a road game comparison thread. The stats have been posted. Debate them or admire them. Talking down to us doesnt change the road numbers it only enforces them.

the silence (aside from darbs melt) is deafening

Hey FTB...........Please include the defensive stats for those same games.

How many yards allowed?
    How many points scored against us?

Please include the big picture to put this into perspective.

6. Re: Boller vs. McNair: Road Statistics

Can you give me a "Dropped Pass" stat???

Please include the defensive stats for those same games.
    My Question is why do we need to see what the Ravens defense did? In Raod games for Boller the Defense allowed 20, 12, 30, 42. For Mc they allowed 0, 14, 13 and 22. Our Defense didnt make Boller or Mac throw an INT, TD or Help their Completion percentage and QB ratings. The stats and record tell the story for road games. For example Kyle threw for 3 tds against the bengals. You'd think that was pretty good and it is but you still have to consider his 2 int thatled to Bengals TD by Chad Johnson and Chris Henry which cost the ravens 14 points. The ball was given to the Bengals on the Ravens 45 and 27 (in both int situations) and you want to blame the Ravens Defense...Sorry buddy...NO CAN DO..thats on the QB.

The Ravens Defense has nothing to do with the QBs indivual qb stats. We are comparing QB stats in a QB forum. Lets stay on point.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I didn't pick these stats, they picked themselves. McNair has only played in 4 road games so far. Now if I picked the last 3, well then I'd see your point.

McNair has only had 2 full home games too, which is not an adaquate sample size to compare with Boller, although Boller would have the edge if you compared their last 2 home games.

It order to be fair, why don't you bother showing us the entire seasons stats. That is unless of course you can't find them.
    So you're suggesting I compare all of McNair's stats to Boller's ONE GAME vs. Carolina (which included 2 quirky TDs)? LOL. Yeah, that's totally better than comparing 4 against 4. My bad.

I never said the system wasn't a problem, just that "the system" is used as an excuse to justify poor QB play of lesser QBs.

Let's be serious for a second. Boller had 2 of his best games at the tail end of last year...at home. Then he did the usual Boller stuff at Cleveland.

I think the point that is being lost in all of this is:

Getting good to decent quarterback play ON THE ROAD is more valuable than getting good to decent quarterback play AT HOME.

We tend to cover our tracks better at home.

You only need to look at Boller's interceptions in those stats I provided to figure out why we didn't win on the road, and why we weren't in the playoff hunt.

So you're suggesting I compare all of McNair's stats to Boller's ONE GAME vs. Carolina (which included 2 quirky TDs)? LOL. Yeah, that's totally better than comparing 4 against 4. My bad.
    No, I want you to post McNairs season stats.

They look exactly like Bollers from last year.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Good point CR, but not only that, a defense has the tendacy to naturally play soft once they get a big lead which is normal. We saw it last week with the Ravens defense against the Saints. Brees elevated his stats when the game was essentially out of reach and thus for that game most of his postive stats were meaningless. Of course they help Brees' fantasy standing or his season stats and ratings but when the game was still undecided Brees was throwing picks and looked like crap except for the one TD pass early.
    Exactly, and if you look at the first half stats from last years cinny game alone you will be surprised to see (actually you and I wont) that Bollers numbers are ridiculously ridiculous. He had an 8 QB Rating and While Some people will call for the defensive numbers and try to make them the scapegoats for boller downfall or Mcnairs success, 4 complete passes for 37 yards speaks volumes given the fact the Ravens and Bengals offensive unit both touched the ball the same amount of times in the same half (32).
    ATT CMP YDS TD LG IN RT
    K.Boller 12 4 37 0 14 1 8.0

Simply wow. You people would nut all over yourselves, and actually have I'm sure, if McNair could put up 29 points in a half.

Boller sucked that first half and everybody admitted it. Of course not one of you... people... have yet to admit the games that McNair has sucked in.

How about the entire Denver game, the first 58 minutes of the Browns/Chargers? That's what I thought.

First half against the Browns McNair was 5 of 12 for 64 yards.
    First half against the Chargers McNair was 5 of 12 with an INT for 22 yards.

Now we wound up winning those two games, but exactly how many points did the Ravens defense give up?

Man slapping you people around is easy.
    ProFootballMock