Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Does it really matter to you if we lose

Why do you think these same teams are continually picking in the top 10 year after year?
    Because you have some GMs who are picking WRs year after year after year.
    I'd take the higher pick. Heck we maybe able to parley that into more. We've done it before.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Yes, it matters to me. Who wants to lose? I don't understand not caring if you lose or not.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I do admit, a small part of me wants the guys to lose ... but only because of some coaching mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why do you think these same teams are continually picking in the top 10 year after year? Picking high isn't a good thing, you expend too much cap and get very little more in value.

Lower is better.
    Hell yeah lower is better! You get decent value for your pick and don't have to spend the farm to get it. Of course, the Ravens lucked out GREATLY in getting JO at #4, but how often does that happen? Thank God the Ravens didn't take Lawrence Phillips!

Also, as a Ravens fan, you never want to see them lose!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I do admit, a small part of me wants the guys to lose ... but only because of some coaching mistake.
    that's kind of petty, no?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yeah, its petty, but I understand why he's saying it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why do you think these same teams are continually picking in the top 10 year after year? Picking high isn't a good thing, you expend too much cap and get very little more in value.

Lower is better.

This is true, and yet your regular Joe Blow fan doesn't understand this. The talent difference between a top 5 draft pick and your standard low first rounder is not worth the increase is cap space you pay to him.

Guys like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis can be had at the tail end of the 1st round.

Drafting high just means more risk.

Yeah, its petty, but I understand why he's saying it.....

No, this is not to be understood or forgiven. This sort of fan sentiment is the sort of thing that led to Irsay moving the Colts.

You root for you own team. Period. F*ck draft position, or politics. You never bet against your own team.

This phenomenon in sports fandom has to die, that you care about the politics of the sport more than winning itself.

This is true, and yet your regular Joe Blow fan doesn't understand this. The talent difference between a top 5 draft pick and your standard low first rounder is not worth the increase is cap space you pay to him.
    So when we got JO in the top 5 we blew it? Give me a break.

You root for you own team. Period. F*ck draft position, or politics. You never bet against your own team.
    Sad to say this but losing today increases our chances of winning in the future. We need help at different positions. Picking at higher positions throughout the draft helps us. Winning today doesnt help.

Baltimore pride shouldnt get in the way of this. Lets all plan on a loss and move forward next season.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127
    Yes, it matters to me. Who wants to lose? I don't understand not caring if you lose or not.
    I'm with you -- this thread baffles me. Any Ravens fan who is okay losing to an 0-13 team is not a real fan.

If, as a player, you don't come into the game being certain of a victory then you are wasting your time, and your team mates time. The Ravens don't need players who simply go through the motions. they need players with heart, and character. The coaches should be watching for players that just mail it in, and mail them a one way ticket out of town!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Extremely, yes

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Lets all plan on a loss and move forward next season.
    You go right ahead, in the mean time I'll just hang back here and hope that Willis runs the ball down their fucking throat to an ass kicking of major proportions!!

Wanting to lose??

No, I don't think so!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!