Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Does it really matter to you if we lose

You're high. If we lose to the Fins, people will not care about their record. We will go down as the one team the Dolphins beat, making us a laughing stock.
    I agree but the laughs will die down after about a week or two. Keep in mind we are on a little bit of a losing streak ourselves so somethings has to give.

However, if we would beat the Dolphins playing Troy and some of the others my spirits would be buoyed somewhat. I'd feel like there was hope for the future.
    I feel the same. If Troy plays and we win its all positiive. Even if he loses its a positive, he gets his experience. If we lose with Boller it just confirms what everyong already feels about him. unfortunately if boller won it wouldnt mean a damn thing. Peoples minds have already been made up.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Ask the Detroit Lions what it's like to be perennial losers.

You play EVERY game to win. You never play for draft picks or just to go through the motions, like what happened on Sunday night. You play every game like it's your last in the NFL.

Because it may be.

You play to win every game. Period, end of sentance.

Whatever I'm a fan and you know it.

It does matter if we lose. If we lose we have a chance to better ourselves with good picks.
    I know this, if you carried that mentality to the football field you'd fold up like Eddie George after the first hit.

Ozzie has struck gold with late first round picks, you know who they are. Is it really going to matter if we pick 6th vs. 9th? Is it worth getting humiliated on Sunday by losing to an 0-13 team? Is it worth not punching Pittsburgh in the mouth at HOME on the 30th?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I know this, if you carried that mentality to the football field you'd fold up like Eddie George after the first hit.
    As fans we cant carry anything on to the field nor does it matter what we think, players and coaches never miss a chance at saying that when things are bad, all they want from us is to make noise. I said before I realize thats what the coaches and playerswant [to win] but as a fan the mentality is much different, this season is lost. I'm looking to the future.

It it really going to matter if we pick 6th vs. 9th?
    We should be able to get no brainers at the position but when we get deeper in the draft it will matter because we will be picking at the begining of each round. This is what ozzie is great at
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

A loss would mean much more that another notch in the right hand column.

Despite what some will say, this team still has pride.

We've all talked about the way the locker room is etc.....

Well if you think it's bad now, imagine what it will be like if we lose to Miami.

I could care less about the draft as well. Like Camden said, who cares if we pick 6th or 9th. Go back and take a look at past drafts and who's been picked in the top 10. Busts galore.

It's been documented that the team wants to win badly and knows how embarrassing it will be if they lose.

As a fan, I feel the same way. I dunno if alot of you interact with fans from other teams. But if you do, Im certain you don't wanna be at work or with them come Monday if we lose.

PP

Blog Entries

The real question is whether or not Billick would pull Boller if he plays like he did last week? Could you imagine being down 14-0 at the half against Miami, and its because of picks thrown by Boller? Billick is PRAYING that Boller has a Patriots-esque game against Miami......

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    As a fan, I feel the same way. I dunno if alot of you interact with fans from other teams. But if you do, Im certain you don't wanna be at work or with them come Monday if we lose.

PP
    I interact with other fans and in my company, I'm known as the huge Ravens fan. So I will hear a ton of shit if the Ravens lose this game.

I even get calls from corporate hdqtrs (in MD) from people bitching about the Ravens downturn this season.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We need to win to pick lower. High picks are cap killers.

Again, imagine if Boller were picked at 3 and we were carrying THAT contract instead of the meager one (in comparison) he has had.

We pick well late and beyond that this team should approach every game as one to win. Nothing else is acceptable.

I hope we win only because it is more fun for me to watch a game when we are winning. So for three hours I could be in an elevated mood.

That being said if we come out and turn the ball over three times in a row and are down 24-zip midway through the 2nd qtr. I am not going hang myself, sell my PSl, or really be shocked in any way.

If a friend from out of town calls and says, "yo man, your team just lost to the phins" and starts laughing, I will probably laugh back and say, "yeah, the ravens suck dude".

The first 11 games were painful enough...I am numb and desenitized to raven pain at this point. I would love to see a win and I do think the Ravens win large in this game. There have been greater depths of disappointment this season for me than could exist if my 4-9 Ravens slip to 4-10 because they lost to the dolphins who mean absolutely nothing to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Seriously folks what does it matter if we lose to miami.
    All I've been hearing from people is "We better not lose to miami"
    I say so what...Lets test out some of the rookie and lets see what they have.
    The season is lost and most of the players are coming back anyway so lets takes some lumps now and gear up for next year.

And dont forget the worse we are the better the pick we get.
    If we lose with Boller at the helm and its because of his usual 'road' play, then YES, its a big deal!!!

If Boller gets injured and Smith comes in, then NO, it wouldn't be a big deal.....

As far as our pick status, I'd like to see them trade down for more picks, as long as Matt Ryan was off the board. If someone like Darren McFadden was there, I'd love to hold that over Jerry Jones' head. He give up 2 firsts and 2 seconds to get him.......

I am in the minority here, but I want the highest position on the draft board possible at this point. I am an all or nothing thinker here. We are not going to the playoffs or Super Bowl, so what good does it do to finish higher than we are? How do you think the Super Bowl loser feels after the game? At that point, being number 5 in the draft is better than being number 31.

You may not feel that way now, because the season is not over and everyone wants their team to win. However, in a few weeks, all this will blow over and the focus will be on the draft. I agree with Crazy Raven.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am in the minority here, but I want the highest position on the draft board possible at this point. I am an all or nothing thinker here. We are not going to the playoffs or Super Bowl, so what good does it do to finish higher than we are? How do you think the Super Bowl loser feels after the game? At that point, being number 5 in the draft is better than being number 31.
    Why do you think these same teams are continually picking in the top 10 year after year? Picking high isn't a good thing, you expend too much cap and get very little more in value.

Lower is better.