Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Does it really matter to you if we lose

Seriously folks what does it matter if we lose to miami.
    All I've been hearing from people is "We better not lose to miami"
    I say so what...Lets test out some of the rookie and lets see what they have.
    The season is lost and most of the players are coming back anyway so lets takes some lumps now and gear up for next year.

And dont forget the worse we are the better the pick we get.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Re: Does it really matter to you if we lose

Crazy it matters to the coaches & players very much, by all reports.

It matters to me, too, but if I had to choose between (a) guaranteeing a win, and (b) risking a loss but starting Troy Smith, I'd probably go with (b). Not for any high minded reason, just because I'm curious.

That said, the coaches players and even the FO people reportedly care very much whether we win, which is why we should not look to them to share our curiosity about how well Smith might play if he gets the start.

I'll be sad if we lose, I know that much. That would be bad.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Yes, it does matter if we lose.

It always matters. They play the games for a reason, to determine a winner and a loser. Nobody wants to be the loser.

If you don't think it matters, then you are not much of a fan.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    Yes, it does matter if we lose.

It always matters. They play the games for a reason, to determine a winner and a loser. Nobody wants to be the loser.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Whatever I'm a fan and you know it.

It does matter if we lose. If we lose we have a chance to better ourselves with good picks. Our FO has done some great things at the draft table, give them a higher picking place and I'm sure they will draft even better.
    Crazy it matters to the coaches & players very much, by all reports.
    yea I was watching rex ryan last night talk about gettting a win and that the team needs one badly. I realize it matters to the coaches and to the players I just feel that winning any more games from here on our will hurt our chances at a good pick. Thats what I want at this point. A win is silly at that point.

The way I look at this is that we are now in preseason mode in the regular season. We really have nothing to lose with testing out players and or plays.

I honestly could careless if we lost to this team or not on Sunday. Lets start some of the younger players and give them some time so that they are ready if we need them next season.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

There is only one thing worse then going a season without a win ....

It's being the team that loses to the team without a win.

THAT'S why we need to win!

The question of the thread is "Does it matter to YOU". For me, not so much really. It will certainly test the fortitude of the fans. I hope they do beat the Miami. Am I gonna bail on them if they lose? No. this season is bust anyway. A win will make me feel a little better, but only a little. Because hey... who HASN'T beaten the Dolphins?

Make sure you understand the topic thread before jumping on the guy who created it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

You can never hit the field playing not to win.Its like a disease.
    You get that losing mentality in the locker room it is extremely hard
    to get rid of.And if you play at half speed you are more than likely to get injured.

Its not a case of do we care,but can we win.
    Two starting corners out,starter star DE out.
    Star TE out.No 3 WR out.Anyone else I missed? Sigh.

With those injuries and the teams record. I am numb to the losing,it doesn't hurt as much.But losing to a winless team is very embarrassing to the franchise and all who support it in my opinion.

I would love to see Troy Smith playing QB at some stage and getting us a win.How good would that be for his confidence.

To answer the question.Do I care? Of course I do.I hope we get the win.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

It's being the team that loses to the team without a win.
    Who said so? There are worse things to be known for like never making it to the superbowl/championship game or having x amount of losing seasons. One loss to a shitty franchise means crap. It happens.

I would love to see Troy Smith playing QB at some stage and getting us a win.How good would that be for his confidence.
    That would be a nice thing.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 12-14-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Who said so? There are worse things to be known for like never making it to the superbowl/championship game or having x amount of losing seasons. One loss to a shitty franchise means crap. It happens.
    You're high. If we lose to the Fins, people will not care about their record. We will go down as the one team the Dolphins beat, making us a laughing stock.

Let me put it this way, it matters to me if we lose to the Dolphins playing the same guys we've been losing with all season. However, if we lose to the Dolphins while playing guys like Troy Smith and some others who haven't seen the field much then it won't matter quite as much because I'll feel like we're trying to build for the future. Conversely, if we win playing the same ole, same ole, it won't mean that much because they should beat the Dolphins. However, if we would beat the Dolphins playing Troy and some of the others my spirits would be buoyed somewhat. I'd feel like there was hope for the future.
    I'm not that interested in playing/losing for draft choices because we're bad enough now that we should be drafting pretty well and besides we still have the Steeler game to improve draft position - sorry for the sarcasm but I don't see us winning that game no matter who's playing.
    AZRAVEN

[

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Losing to the Dolphins is as low negative wise as the high of beating the Patriots positive wise.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.