Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens not returning next year

My money is on JO and McNair. Both will probably retire. But who else? Who will probably opt out their contract, get traded, etc.? What do u think?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Ravens not returning next year

I hope the whole team

McNair won't retire. He'll make us pay.

I don't care who goes. They are all expendable. This is the worst team i have ever watched, but they still have an ego the size of the Atlantic Ocean.

Suggs.

The Ravens will make him a fair offer after the season, but he'll most likely test the market and I'm sure some team will overpay for him.

Also, I don't think McNair will retire.

Well, Flynn...obviously. Anderson, definitely. Pittman needs to be on that list too. Martin too, depending on how much CB depth they decide to draft.

McNair, I think they will cut. I think they will draft a QB high and/or bring in an established vet to be #1. Boller will be #2 and Troy will be #3.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Well, Flynn...obviously. Anderson, definitely. Pittman needs to be on that list too. Martin too, depending on how much CB depth they decide to draft.

McNair, I think they will cut. I think they will draft a QB high and/or bring in an established vet to be #1. Boller will be #2 and Troy will be #3.

McNair will be told to restructure, or he will be cut. J.O. needs to retire or get a new toe. Mike Anderson's contract is up this year. Mike Flynn--gone. Basically, many players will be told to restructure (take a pay cut) or they will be gone. We are nearing cap hell. We will be drafting high in all of the rounds next year and we need the space to be able to sign a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Martin too
    I disagree, he is young and I mean seriously young, like 2008 draftee young.

The guy should be playing college football, instead he finds himself as a starting CB on a man to man, isle defense.

He should either be on the bench (like Gaither) or on ST, at most. I would give him a pass for now.

Pittman and Martin will stay on as nickel and dime players, where they will be fine. They are just absolutely horrible #1/2 corners. They don't have the speed or guile to stay with the top guys.

I agreee the young CB's stay. MA signed a 4 year deal, but I'd trade him for a late 7th. Flynn has one more year, and I'm starting to think that him spending it on our bench may be a good move. McNair and Ogden are the must go's.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post

We are nearing cap hell. We will be drafting high in all of the rounds next year and we need the space to be able to sign a first round pick.
    Nearing I think we're there. Per SI this off season Baltimore will have 5.00 million in cap space. Second worst in the league behind Washington (who will be 20 million over the cap!).
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I think McNair comes back...which I would be ok with, so long as he knows it's not his job anymore...He can compete and show us wrong, but don't let him walk in with a job in hand, he needs to earn it.

MA is gone, we treated him like crap, and I apologize, on behalf of Baltimore.

JO is 99% out of here. He said so himself, and why would you come back next year, unless we traded for the entire Patriots Offense. Flynn stays, hopefully as a backup/mentor.

Suggs, I think he'll go because we won't overpay. I doubt we franchise him, maybe we will...we shouldn't give him top 5 DE money.

I used to think Rolle was gone, but he seems revved up again and wanting to play another year...Hopefully, he comes back and we have a CB who can push him into a nickel role.

My suprise of the year? I think Stover hangs it up this year...we didn't even get him in FG range most of the time (I know, I had him as my fantasy K :( ). I think he decides it's his time to move on, and next year, it's the Rhys Lloyd show.

Also, Sams...it was nice knowing ya, but we got Figurs now!

McNair will likely be back, and I agree with ScallyWag that he has to earn the job. I mean if he comes in next season ready to play then I have no problem with him starting again. He was banged up most of this season anyway.

JO is probably gone unless Ray or someone on the offense can show some way the Ravens win the Super Bowl next season with him at LT.

Suggs is probably gone due to financial reasons. We do not have the cap room to sign this guy unless he really wants to stay in Baltimore.

Mike Anderson is gone because Smith is the spell and we will likely draft a 3rd round or 4th round back this season.

I like Rolle alot and he is definitly better then what we have. Hopefully he comes back next season with all the medical things under control. If he plays all season with McAlister we should be ok again on D. Lets face it, the reason our D has looked terrible is the lack of DB's to shut down the pass.

Flynn is gone, he sucks.

Sams is gone, Figures is the guy at return.

Finally, Stover will not go. He is still very good and i think he is at the point in his career that he will not play elsewhere.