Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Preston is a Hack

I am new to this board this season so I apologize ahead of time if this is a redundant post.

But after reading Mike Preston's last few articles, I am 100% convinced he gets his material from these very boards. Not that's is all a bad thing, but the dude is clocking some insane checks from The Setting Sun and anyone with half a bit of observation skills can tell he is getting his thoughts from the boards and passing them off as his own.

I wont go and accuse him of the "P" word just yet. Take a read at his December 11th article and tell me how far off I am. Steele and Schmuck are far more talented writers and should get his spot ASAP.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-12-2007 at 05:56 AM.

Re: Preston is a Hack

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    I am new to this board this season so I apologize ahead of time if this is a redundant post.
    No apology necessary but believe me, it's been discussed many, many times. And you are correct, Preston is a no-talent hack that basically covers the same ground repeatedly. Regardless of where he gets his material, it's the same garbage over and over.

How he has managed to keep his job is a mystery to me. I don't read him anymore, but I'm betting he hasn't had anything original to say in years.

You know, there are some subjects I never get tired of. Calling out Mike Preston for being a cynic writing his hater-fan shallow garbage for material, relying for his 'sources' on the occasional disgruntled player or member of the coaching staff, that's good stuff.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Aaa-amen, Aaa-amen, Aaaa-amen, Amen, Amen
    Aaa-amen, Aaa-amen, Aaaa-amen, Amen, Amen

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

But after reading Mike Preston's last few articles, I am 100% convinced he gets his material from these very boards. Not that's is all a bad thing, but the dude is clocking some insane checks from The Setting Sun and anyone with half a bit of observation skills can tell he is getting his thoughts from the boards and passing them off as his own.

I wont go and accuse him of the "P" word just yet. Take a read at his December 11th article and tell me how far off I am. Steele and Schmuck are far more talented writers and should get his spot ASAP.
    It surely IS redundant... but it never gets old! Because it's so true! About the only time I read his articles anymore, is when people are once again ridiculing his writing... then I read it to see just how bad the latest Boor story is!