Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Now YOU can make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    if he sucks hes just a 5th round pick --no big deal. We need to explore what we have. Boller has had 5 years and over 40 starts and cost this team a 1st and a 2nd to get him, we know what we have in that bastard...now its time to move forward.

Hugs and kisses to Troy

This is where you lose all credibility. What makes Boller a "bastard"? He didn't put a gun to Ozzies head forcing him to trade those picks and draft him. He hasn't pouted or demanded playing time. He's done what has been asked of him and been pretty classy while doing it. If he hasn't played up to par, then criticize him for it, but calling him a bastard is a little out of line.

Ironically if you take the word "bastard" in it's literal derrogatory sense than it actually applies to Troy Smith who was raised by his mother who eventually put him in foster care because "personal issues" prevented her from raising her kids. Now i would never condone calling Troy Smith or anyone else in that situation a "bastard", but you seem fine with calling Boller the same.

sadly we have a slew of fans who judge a Qb just on the color of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    sadly we have a slew of fans who judge a Qb just on the color of his skin.

Now where the fuck do you derive that from? That is an absurd comment. do not try to make this a race issue. Boller has had his chances to make a go of being QB. He has had a few good games under his belt, but the poor appearances outweigh the good. I for one do not care about skin color of the QB's. If they have skill; that is what matters. I want to see Troy Smith play because I want to see if he indeed has skill. Fucking race baiter.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Calling any athlete, whether you like the way he plays or not, a bastard is absolutely uncalled for and race issues will not be discussed on this board.

Sorry . . . . but this thread is dead.

Have a day
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters