Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now YOU can make a difference

Join SPOTS! See this thread for important historical notes about the formative early years of this up and coming organization.

As of this writing we have members through Card No. 5; feel free to take your own card number or no card number at all. Just add it to your sig!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Now YOU can make a difference

Judging from what I saw Sunday Night Troy Smith is the better Quarterback.
    I'd like to join. I'm a ravens fan and want whats good for the Ravens going forward.

THANKS.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

:grbac: I'm all for giving him some playing time, but the kid's a fifth round draft pick -- aren't the expectations here a bit high?

Whats wrong with high expectations? :hammer:
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave
    Whats wrong with high expectations?
    There's plenty wrong with it, if they are unrealistic. Let's give the kid a chance. If morons want to run him out of town after two or three bad games because he hasn't meet their "high expectations," then that's a problem.

I'm in Festivus. No card number for me.

Let the revolution begin.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

There is NOTHING wrong with it. We just want him to have a chance to show what he has or doesn't have. If he turns out to suck, that is our issue to deal with. Now get out of our Troy Smith love fest thread. ;)
    Last edited by xmradiodave; 12-11-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: can't spell.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

if he sucks hes just a 5th round pick --no big deal. We need to explore what we have. Boller has had 5 years and over 40 starts and cost this team a 1st and a 2nd to get him, we know what we have in that bastard...now its time to move forward.

Hugs and kisses to Troy
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Whats wrong with high expectations? :hammer:
    Ummmmm, Brian Billick as the offensive coordinator maybe? Our offensive line? Our receiving core?

And doesn't this belong in the QB Debate thread?

Good point and probably.

To those earnest people wishing to have a serious discussion on this subject, Stinger and Highwater and my other friends here, I refer you to our motto, below, for my official response to your perfectly valid points.

Cheers!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    :grbac: I'm all for giving him some playing time, but the kid's a fifth round draft pick -- aren't the expectations here a bit high?
    What difference does his draft round make? Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Kyle Boller was a first round pick who do you want as your starting QB? Don't get me wrong I'm in no way comparing Boller or Smith to Brady but strictly from a numerical standpoint. You can't always judge a player simply by his draft position, personnel departments make mistakes. If you doubt it look at our defensive backfield, somebody thought these stiffs could play. Smith may be nothing or he may be the proverbial diamond in the rough. In any case we aren't going to know unless he gets to play. As far as high expectations, the way this season has played out I highly doubt anyone could still have high expectations for anything, all we want is a glimmer of hope to cling to through the dark, cold offseason.