Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Another example of horrible local sports talk radio

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Buy Sirius Radio. The guys on the NFL Network have been coaches, GM and players. They know the game inside out. I loved Shannon Sharp ripping on the Stilers all morning. He got to watch the game sitting next to Cowher. He got the inside stuff ;)
    Owned it for years and loved it ever since. Best incite local and national, with stellar interviews from all NFL teams.Adam Shine is the best announcer/ sports guy in the entire NFL!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Last Wenesday night i was driving to work and was listening to the A-List on 105.7 with Amber Theoharis.. She stated that she had no idea that there could be ties in the NFL.. I was like WTF! are you kidding me! How the hell she is qualified to report on football let alone have her own show..

Add her to the list of horrible hosts IMO

Theoharis
    Bulldog
    Anita
    Drew Forrester
    Nestor
    I agree with this list. However I think Nestor has a ability then the above him on the list. Anita marks has to go talks too much about herself.

Anita is a joke that should never have been brought to this town. Looks don't sell radio space AND she aint that good looking. She is just plain dumb. She only knows what she reads or steals from the Internet. Take away Jermey and Mark and the daily co-host and she is/has nothing. And the shows she does with the Ravens players during the week is horrendous to even listen to. Between her wanting to be buddies with the team and trying to kiss their ass while getting them to say something that might get her noticed is ridiculous.

I like Drew's show when I can get a chance to listen. Not a fan of Bob "captain reset" Haynie. Viviano and Bulldog are an ok show but Viv can't real let lose with his thoughts as he has to be a report for TV first and a radio guy second. Can't do that with ties into your other job. Same for Amber. She was hired for her looks but again, Radio aint TV. I didn't know she still had a show considering they started her show last February and then she was gone till October with her Orioles sideline gig on MASN. How odd.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Blog Entries

Channel 124 on Sirius is the best. You can get a radio for basically no money this holiday season. Do yourself a favor and get one just for the NFL Channel.

Having said that, Drew is the man in the AM.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Drew is good, and so is Nestor's long-format interview style.

I could not care less how Drew treats his interns, and I am not going to take the word of crpravens that he treats his interns poorly.

Sorry!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I like most sports talk radio as long as the subject remains on the Ravens and the NFL. Once any station starts talking about the Terps, the Orioles, or anything else which is unimportant to me, I turn off the radio. Maybe someday I will get Sirius radio. I love the NFL network on TV, so I am sure the NFL radio is even better.

The thing that gets me about the Anita Marks show is that she always has guests. Can't she do a show by herself with just callers? I thought talk radio is suppose to be a two way proposition.

Question -- What has happended to Michael Propovic on WNST from 6-8pm? I thought he was alright and its better than listening to the national FOX sports shows.

You're safe. A certain Fox 45 sports anchor and Ravens stadium PA announcer doesn't post here, otherwise he'd be all over you for having the nerve to criticize one of his co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Drew is good, and so is Nestor's long-format interview style.

I could not care less how Drew treats his interns, and I am not going to take the word of crpravens that he treats his interns poorly.

Sorry!
    I work in the industry. All interns are treated poorly. It is their right of passage. They are lackeys and gophers. Most of the interns in the Communications industry want to be producers, not on-air talent. Between getting sandwiches for the boss (show host), they are learning a lot about production as well.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Dave, not only do I believe you're right, that interns should not expect to get treated better than dirt, but I also believe that crpravens has given us ZERO reason to take him at his word he was treated poorly. I would not be surprised if he was treated *well*, and with his petulant arrogant attitude just *thought* he was being treated poorly.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I unfortunately do not know enough about crpraven to judge. If he says he was treated poorly as an intern, that is his feeling on the situation. I do know this to be fact... EVERY INTERN IS PROVERBIAL SCUM! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Overall the quality of Baltimore sports talk radio is very poor.

I wish Tom Davis would just retire...I can't stand hearing him apologize for the Orioles and Billick...blah, blah, blah.

And another thing...why are so many radio guys fat:

Bulldog, Stofberg, Davis, Milewski

FM

Adam Shine is the best announcer/ sports guy in the entire NFL!!!
    This guy is awesome! I listen to him everyday on the way home from work.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016