Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Things Change

Last year the Ravens finished the regular season 13-3 then only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

This year it appears to me that we'll finish 5-11 yes I think we'll beat Miami.
    The strong home field advantage we use to have is gone. At best we can only finish 500 at home. With the Steelers last game that may happen. Since it may not mean that much to the Steelers. If we lose to them then we don't finish 500 at home but below.

It appears that the Ravens will pick around number 10 in the draft. Which means we can get an impact player. Hope Billick will turn over the offense to a coach that can run an offense.

Would like to hear some of your thoughts on the upcoming draft. I don't think it's too early to talk about it as far as the Ravens are concerned.

Picture below was a picture taken last night with Gerry Sandusky before the game when I was still happy.

Last edited by Sports Steve; 09-08-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Re: How Things Change

My big question is that everyone is like, "We need to draft Matt Ryan." Who's to say that he'll be there when we pick considering that Miami will have the first pick and last time I checked they too need a QB.

We still have a home field advantage but it's hard to win when you're giving the other team a short field to start. We have zero depth on Defense. We have an aging QB that got old fast and won't admit that he's hurt. We have a back-up/former starter/starter that is consistant being inconsistant. It's been five years and he still can't stop zeroing in on one receiver.

Billick wants this team to be a ball control clock control team to keep the other team off the field and not allow them to score. Let's stop with running the same running plays that you ran when Jamal was here. Let McGhee run to the outside and not up the middle with poor blocking. Let's open the passing game up and try to do something creative...like throw for more yards then the yards needed to make a first down.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

I would like to say to all the fans that are saying blow up the team, get rid of everybody, stop going to the games....get real people. Yes you have every right to do what you please, but to say you are making a statement to the team by leaving is a joke. First they don't care, second you are only hurting your own fans by selling out to opposing fans. Yes this season sucks real bad, but it is not because we have "I" players, it is because of injuries, and lack of a QB plain and simple. Do any of you really think that if the pats had the same amount of injuries at the same key positions we have they would be this good......hell no. Again i am not saying you are not a real fan if you leave or don't come, but you are only hurting me and the others who will not miss a game and do not want to be surrounded b stealer fans. It seems bad now, it will get better just show up people you would hate to not be at another great game like the NE game. On to steve's topic i want nothing to do with Matt Ryan i think he is very overrated, and would love to see Colt come here, he is so quick, strong arm, great decsion maker, could be the franchise guy we have been waiting for all this time.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

In answer to one of your questions 52, no I don't think the Pats would suck as bad as we do if they had the injuries we do simply because they have better depth players. I don't know how he does it but Belichick seems to be able to plug guys in where needed and they perform to nearly the same level as the starters. With us, if a starter goes down anywhere on the field we are pretty much screwed.
    I disagree that the Ravens don't care if people don't show up or walk out in the second quarter. Sure, they have your money for that game but they still have to be concerned about whether or not they'll have it for next season and the season after that. Prolonged losing (which we haven't done YET) usually leads to loss of revenue from ticket sales, NFL gear sales, etc. They damn well better care!

Well said.

Think of it as the fans going on strike. People walk out of the games and sell their tickets because the care too much. It is the team organization that appears to be indifferent to the fans feelings.

It is okay for the Ravens to keep delivering this sub-standard brand of football this season and basically spit on the fans, but when we voice our displeasure, we are fair weather fans? The Ravens are a fair weather team.

Listening to Billick in his post game pressers makes me sick. People ask him what the problem is and he gives shitty answers like "I don't know" and "You would know better than I do".

The players at this point are no better. The constant penalties and lack of participation in the games are evidence of that. Rolle and McAllister out due to injuries again? It is a slap in the fans faces.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The team gets a substantial piece of the cash pie from concessions. It's a 100% lock Bisciotti was not happy when he got to the office Monday and saw the take from the Colts game.

When 3/4 of the fans roll out and are not buying stuff, it's noticed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    In answer to one of your questions 52, no I don't think the Pats would suck as bad as we do if they had the injuries we do simply because they have better depth players. I don't know how he does it but Belichick seems to be able to plug guys in where needed and they perform to nearly the same level as the starters. With us, if a starter goes down anywhere on the field we are pretty much screwed.
    I disagree that the Ravens don't care if people don't show up or walk out in the second quarter. Sure, they have your money for that game but they still have to be concerned about whether or not they'll have it for next season and the season after that. Prolonged losing (which we haven't done YET) usually leads to loss of revenue from ticket sales, NFL gear sales, etc. They damn well better care!
    You actually think if the pats lost their QB, they would be 13-0? We lost our qb in the first game of the year, IMO. If they lost both of their starting CB's?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Listening to Billick in his post game pressers makes me sick. People ask him what the problem is and he gives shitty answers like "I don't know" and "You would know better than I do".
    Well would it be better if he came out and said this player or that players or all of those players played liked crap? Billick's players like/love him because he refuses to toss them under the bus, would you like him to start?

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE, WE CAN SEE THEM! Our OL played poorly, Boller played poorly, McGahee played poorly. The CBs played poorly. The DL played poorly in regard to pass rush. If you didn't know what the problems were I hope this clears things up.

The CBs played poorly.
    I think they played up to their level of ability.

Which is more frightening.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I just want to say that Sport Steve is the man. I saw you the other night at the game around the lottery tent. My buddy was buying a 98Rock Santa Hat for the "Toys for Tots" program. I would have said Hi and would have loeved to get a picture.

Anyway I dont think this team is as bad as everyone thinks. The injuries have hurt them and yes I am along with most of you that part of the team has given up. I think we will be ok next year but it will be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster. They can't blow it up but I think this draft needs to be primarly a draft for depth.

The first pick should be on a DB to sure the Defense back up. Second round you should get a potential starting OT, I dont think we have a third round pick unless with get a compensatory for Thomas.

Thats what I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I just want to say that Sport Steve is the man. I saw you the other night at the game around the lottery tent. My buddy was buying a 98Rock Santa Hat for the "Toys for Tots" program. I would have said Hi and would have loeved to get a picture.

Anyway I dont think this team is as bad as everyone thinks. The injuries have hurt them and yes I am along with most of you that part of the team has given up. I think we will be ok next year but it will be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster. They can't blow it up but I think this draft needs to be primarly a draft for depth.

The first pick should be on a DB to sure the Defense back up. Second round you should get a potential starting OT, I dont think we have a third round pick unless with get a compensatory for Thomas.

Thats what I think
    This team is as bad as everyone thinks, but they are OUR team. They have a lot of work ahead of them. On the plus side, things can't get much worse.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well would it be better if he came out and said this player or that players or all of those players played liked crap? Billick's players like/love him because he refuses to toss them under the bus, would you like him to start?

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE, WE CAN SEE THEM! Our OL played poorly, Boller played poorly, McGahee played poorly. The CBs played poorly. The DL played poorly in regard to pass rush. If you didn't know what the problems were I hope this clears things up.
    Hmmm. And I thought that having our two starting cornerbacks out with injuries vs one of the most prolific passers in history was a major part of the problem. While I am not denying that we have problems in many areas to include coaching and depth of talent, i can't believe how little people consider our devastating injuries this year. Without these injuries our record would probably have been at least 8-8, if not 9-7 and possibly 10-6.

Think about it. Check out the list:

McNair (although it looks like he's done)
    McAllister
    Heap
    Pryce
    Rolle
    JO
    Sams
    Clayton (playing injured all year)
    Williams (playing injured much of the year)
    Wilcox (key back-up)

Honestly, although i don't feel that injuries should used as an all-encompassing excuse for the problems we've had this year, i still can't believe how much beotching the fans are doing without even metioning how many starters are out and how that matches up with the opposition.

Simply put: Cmac OUT + Rolle OUT + Manning IN = Blow-out in your immediate future
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!