Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How Things Change

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Hmmm. And I thought that having our two starting cornerbacks out with injuries vs one of the most prolific passers in history was a major part of the problem. While I am not denying that we have problems in many areas to include coaching and depth of talent, i can't believe how little people consider our devastating injuries this year. Without these injuries our record would probably have been at least 8-8, if not 9-7 and possibly 10-6.

Think about it. Check out the list:

McNair (although it looks like he's done)
    McAllister
    Heap
    Pryce
    Rolle
    JO
    Sams
    Clayton (playing injured all year)
    Williams (playing injured much of the year)
    Wilcox (key back-up)

Honestly, although i don't feel that injuries should used as an all-encompassing excuse for the problems we've had this year, i still can't believe how much beotching the fans are doing without even metioning how many starters are out and how that matches up with the opposition.

Simply put: Cmac OUT + Rolle OUT + Manning IN = Blow-out in your immediate future

Did you actually put BJ Sams in your list? Uh...yes...yes you did.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Hmmm. And I thought that having our two starting cornerbacks out with injuries vs one of the most prolific passers in history was a major part of the problem. While I am not denying that we have problems in many areas to include coaching and depth of talent, i can't believe how little people consider our devastating injuries this year. Without these injuries our record would probably have been at least 8-8, if not 9-7 and possibly 10-6.
    I don't discount the injuries, which may have LED to the problems but the problems are as I described.

And Sams belongs on the list, his return abilities are better than Figurs and his ball handling skills completely superior. Our kick returns, especially punts, are WAY OFF as are the miscues on punt and kick returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't discount the injuries, which may have LED to the problems but the problems are as I described.

And Sams belongs on the list, his return abilities are better than Figurs and his ball handling skills completely superior. Our kick returns, especially punts, are WAY OFF as are the miscues on punt and kick returns.
    We will have to agree to disagree on BJ Sams.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

you definitely have to include BJ Sams on that list. He is actually one of the best return men in the league. He was #1 several years ago and was pretty high up last year when he was playing. He practically won the Atlanta game for us.

I hope they re-sign him and force a competition between he and Figurs.

Figurs has a few fast breaks but mostly dud runs.

Sams consistently got us VERY good field position and had virtually no ball handling problems as far as I could remember.

Sams was and is an important part of the winning equation.

I just dislike the guys inability to call a fair catch. He seems rogue at times. He ends up getting killed quite a bit. I admire his attempts at trying to make something out of nothing, but for the most part, would it kill you to call a fair catch?

If Figurs can learn how to hold onto the fucking ball, I think he is the better of the two.