Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...l_tab01_layout

The man is delusional. Unless he has discussed this personally with Bisciotti, there's no way he can know for sure if he'll be fired. Unless he takes another public dress down like he did at the end of season presser in 2005.

I guess he's sticking with Boller because he "gives us the best chance to win". What are you playing for now Brian? Other than your own ego, we're out of playoff contention, so all that's left is pride, draft position and evaluating young players. We need to see what Smith can do in real game situations (and not just garbage time against third stringers) to see if we need to draft a QB or if our QB of the future is already on the roster.

Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

I agree Kyle gives us the best chance to win but who the hell cares about winning at this point?!!

We have to move forward to next year. Play Troy, see what kind of QB he is at this stage. God! It's like he loves not having stability at QB, going all the way back to what he did to Dilfer!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

If Billick is going to definitely be back how does he not look at the bigger picture. The season is lost, so lets see if Troy Smith can help us next year

BTW 84% of fans on that Sun poll think we should start Troy Smith. That is a consensus. If we have to watch this shit at least start the young QB and give us something to look forward to.

Start TROY!!!!

:grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac: This is what I mean...the man is stubborn as hell and won't make any changes for the good.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I agree Kyle gives us the best chance to win but who the hell cares about winning at this point?!!
    I think the players care, and I do as well. Quite frankly, I don't want a high draft pick, they are cap killers.

BTW 84% of fans on that Sun poll think we should start Troy Smith. That is a consensus. If we have to watch this shit at least start the young QB and give us something to look forward to.
    When Billick starts making decisions on fan polls that will be the moment he should be fired. As for Troy Smith, suppose he folds and plays like crap, what then do you have to look forward to?

I'm all for getting Troy Smith work, but we rushed the current guy which may have damaged him, so what makes you sure Troy Smith is ready to go in?

I would like to see more Troy Smith but will leave how fast he gets his feet wet to the FO, Billick and Neuheisel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    I think 80% + wanted Kyle to start over Steve in a similar poll, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

As tempting as it is to put in Troy, I think we'd potentially RETARD his progress by essentially getting him killed. I agree to stick with Boller as starter and give Troy another off season/pre-season to get his feet wet.

Wink Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

Gotta disagree with Green Wave & Losac......

Is Boller the starter next season? Coming off a 3 pick game, albeit behind by four scores, sure throws a monkey wrench into that decision. Let's see how he does on the road, and against one of the better teams at home where we hopefully would not have given the game away in the first few minutes.

Settling in on the starting QB has a rippling effect on the entire offseason activity. With the many needs that this team has, being able to invest high picks into positions that are worse off than the QB position is arguably the best way to rebuild. Especialy in a year when there no prospective Peyton Mannings or Carson Palmers to be had.

What do we gain by watching Smith in true game action - not mop-up against scrubs? Some evidence as whether he should be elevated to #2, dropped to #3 or PS, or cut. That is a relatively insignificant decision.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The only reason it could be considered an insignificant decision is that Billick and our brain trust seem unable or unwilling to believe what their eyes are telling them. What is to be gained by continuing to start Boller? We have seen his entire bag of tricks and they add up to very little. We cannot win consistently with Boller behind center. It remains to be seen if we could with Smith. He has had an entire season of watching, this isn't at all like the way they threw Boller to the wolves by annointing him starter the day he came into camp.
    I just don't see where we are accomplishing anything be staying the same course. This season is toast, use it to develop some of the new guys.

Starting Smith behind this line would kill him. He took advantage of playing against the end of the bench in a blowout last night, which was the perfect situation to play him.

As for the game, the team certainly stunk last night. In truth, the game was over when it was announced both our starting cornerbacks were out - we've seen all season that the backups cannot cover anyone, and that, combined with lack of pressure on quarterbacks, makes passing against our defense easy. On the opening drive, the defense failed to stop third and eight and third and nine, harbingers of things to come.

Once down 14-0, the game was officially over. Even if we stuck Johnny Unitas in his prime on the field for us then, he, facing a competent defense, couldn't have kept up with Peyton scoring at will against our secondary, all night if necessary. Boller, like everyone else on the team had a lousy game, but even if he drives for a TD to make the score 14-7 instead of a pick that set up 21-0, Peyton would have driven right back downfield for another TD. This is further evidence that we need to improve at cornerback and defensive line before we look at the QB position. Miami will be able to exploit our alleged corners, if the starters don't play, like every other QB, so our offensive line had better block, and Boller had better be on target, or we will lose to the Dolphins.
    Al

I knew the minute that I found out Rolle and McAlister were out that we were in for a LONG evening. We were doomed and will be the rest of the season if these guys are out It is painfully obvious that we have no depth at key positions. Painfully obvious :(
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Gotta disagree with Green Wave & Losac......

Is Boller the starter next season? Coming off a 3 pick game, albeit behind by four scores, sure throws a monkey wrench into that decision. Let's see how he does on the road, and against one of the better teams at home where we hopefully would not have given the game away in the first few minutes.

Settling in on the starting QB has a rippling effect on the entire offseason activity. With the many needs that this team has, being able to invest high picks into positions that are worse off than the QB position is arguably the best way to rebuild. Especialy in a year when there no prospective Peyton Mannings or Carson Palmers to be had.

What do we gain by watching Smith in true game action - not mop-up against scrubs? Some evidence as whether he should be elevated to #2, dropped to #3 or PS, or cut. That is a relatively insignificant decision.
    How much longer are you gonna hold on to this?

How much more do you need to see?

We aren't worse of at any position than we are at the most important position on the field, QB.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We need and will draft a QB, who we pick will be based on where we pick and who is available at that time.

Boller and Smith will be back with a drafted QB. Boller will start next year and the others will battle for the backup. Unless Boller proves himself as a starter this time (not holding breath) some time into next year Smith or the rookie will take over.