Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle
    T - I didn't insult you personally. However if you enjoy playing victim keep it up.
    LOL -- You not only insulted him, now you're lying about it. How is "You're a loser" not insulting someone?

Most pitiful backtracking I've ever seen on this board.

Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    No NFL QB can survive behind our porous OL, and no NFL QB can win games when the Defense easily gives up 44 points.
    This is true. However, not everyone if hardly anyone is solely blaming the QB play. It is fact though that as good as Boller can be at times, he has shown over and over again that he is very inconsistent. Missing open receivers, poor ball control, unawareness of pocket collapse, devfensive pursuit, et al.

Sure there are many problems with the current Offensive and defensive schemes and it is very difficult to pinpoint one single thing. The QB role is just piss poor. I want Boller to be a success just like you and many people here. How long do we give the guy though? There was a reason we brought in a vet like McNair to being with. Boller was simply NOT the answer, and at this time, still appears to NOT be the answer.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Wink Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I'm not picking on you T, but it seems that you really don't want any competition at the QB position. That way we would have to stick with Boller. We all talk about winning, but what makes you think we can win with Boller as our starter?
    To the contrary, I believe we should have QB competition every season until we establish a viable passing offense (which we haven't seen since late in the 1999 season). I never believed that the 2003 "competition" was real. I have consistently advocated getting some fresh blood to compete with and push Boller: Griese, Schaub, Volek, Delhomme, etc -- I took a lot of gas on the message boards for taking that position. I would have loved to see one of them in purple.

And there should certainly be a bona fide QB competition next season. But let's see one or two true competitors out there. Not Division III Finnerty, or the washed up & weak-armed McNair, or the undersized Smith. I'd like to see a decent FA backup in his late twenties and a mid to low round rookie at Westminster next summer competing with Boller for the top job.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    We know what Kyle can and can't do. BUT you have to start him on Sunday as he is the starter no matter how bad of a season we are having. Would I, as a fan, like to see Troy Smith given a shot and the start based on this season and where we are in the standings? Yes. But I understand why Kyle is getting the start. I say bring in Smith and let him play the entire fourth quarter based on the score - either good score of us winning or bad score of us losing. He needs the chance to get some work as he'll be the backup next season to Kyle. I just want the "fans" to stop with the Matt Ryan talk as we have a young QB on the side right now. Let's give him a shot or see what he can or can't do before we move on to the next starter.

As was mentioned all day yesterday on various shows (minus Anita Marks due her stupidity) we haven't had a true franchise QB since Vinnie in 96 and 97.
    This is an argument I simply do not understand. If the entire civilized world, and probably the uncivilized world as well, already know Kyle Boller stinks and can't win consistently why in hell do we have to keep starting him simply "because he's the starter". Yes he's the starter, by virtue of injury, we all know he wouldn't have sniffed the field this season if McNair had been able to hold his aging body together. If he can't do the job why does he get to keep it? I'm well aware that Troy Smith may not be the answer but frankly I don't care if he's a little blue smurf. At this point he can't be much worse than what we already know about Boller so throw him out there and see what happens. Continuing down the same path is going to get the same result. I'm sick of that result and am willing to face the ultimate humiliation of being Miami's first victim to see a change.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    LOL -- You not only insulted him, now you're lying about it. How is "You're a loser" not insulting someone?

Most pitiful backtracking I've ever seen on this board.

Lose the fucking drama. What a bunch of sissys.

Where the fuck did I say "You're a loser".

Using T's and your very own analogy you've just insulted me.....

My skin is thicker than a piece of cellophane though so it will roll down my back.

I didn't call T a loser because I don't know him personally.

I did say and will say it now if anyone is satisfied with the quarterback play for the Ravens they're a loser.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I did say and will say it now if anyone is satisfied with the quarterback play for the Ravens they're a loser.
    So you are calling some posters "loser" then.

I am not satisfied with a lot of things about this team but that doesn't make me or you or anybody else winners and if somebody else sees it differently that doesn't make them losers.

Who even fucking cares. If we (fans) are losers or not... our team still blows.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post

Where the fuck did I say "You're a loser"

Look at your post. I highlighted it for your pleasure....

"Though our QB play is south of average, if you're satisfied with being average at the NFLs most important position you're a loser."
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    So you are calling some posters "loser" then.

I am not satisfied with a lot of things about this team but that doesn't make me or you or anybody else winners and if somebody else sees it differently that doesn't make them losers.

It takes quality play at the quarterback position to win games and championships. The Ravens are amongst the NFLs weakest at the position.

If anyone is satisfied with the position and the end result of terrible QB play-----> losing, yes they're a loser.

Did I call anyone a loser personally? Of course not. Spare me the victimization and drama.

Everyone knows that Boller:bag: Fans are hyper sensitive but this is taking it to the extreme.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 12-11-2007 at 12:50 PM.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Did I call anyone a loser personally? Of course not. Spare me the victimization and drama.
    Again....YES YOU DID. Look at you post dude. Enough already.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Wink Re: Billick: "Suck it fans. I'll be back next year, and Kyle is starting next week."

Where the fuck did I say "You're a loser".

Using T's and your very own analogy you've just insulted me.....

My skin is thicker than a piece of cellophane though so it will roll down my back.

Do you even know what you posted just Yesterday, 10:59 PM? Here you go, comment directed at me:

:insane:

Though our QB play is south of average, if you're satisfied with being average at the NFLs most important position you're a loser.

:grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac:

How about let's just debate the opinions expressed but not go after the board members who express those opinions. Personal insult pissing matches just escalate.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).