StingerNLG, I can't say that I've got concrete proof I can provide right now on stuff that happened 11 years ago. That's a little ambitious even for me.

On the old message board, some of us didn't care for the Scott Mitchell acquisition. We all had our varying opinions and I won't waste either of our time defending something I can't prove with 100% indisputable evidence.

For the sake of argument, I'll preclude your observations with the words 'Rumor has it', that way we all know to take it all with a grain of salt and not literally. Hopefully that ends any misunderstands, cause I'm the first one to admit any misnomers.

The observations that I make are simply my own opinion. If everyone here had to present concrete evidence towards everything that they post, it'd probably be alot less posts if you know what I mean.

Back to the basis of the preceding post. IMO, Billick has always struck me as a measurables kind of evaluator. The only times he's gotten past that is when there has been indisputable evidence to the contrary, I.E. with Steve McNair.

McNair is what, 6'2 which is shorter than his previously hand-picked starting QB's like Mitchell, Grbac, Banks and the like.

Whenever a guy on the Ravens roster that doesn't fit the traditional mold at QB it's probably because he's played his way into that position. And just as well, he most likely also played his way out. (except for Trent Dilfer, of course)

So I figure that in order for this scenario to play itself out and allow Smith to show us what he's got, Boller's gonna have to TANK in the Dolphins game.

Now everyone knows that I'm not one of those fans who wishes that my team would lose for draft position.

But most of the so-called experts do agree that the Dolphins best chance of winning at least one game this year will be when they play the Ravens at home on Sunday.

They've already let it be known that instead of playing John Beck whom most think they're grooming for the future, they're playing 3-year veteran Cleo Lemon.

Not that it makes that huge of a difference against our defense (when healthy), but what that tells me is that they're trying to get at least one win and the three-year-vet gives them their best chance of accomplishing that task.

In essence, their desperation along with the Ravens offensive ineptitude and home field advantage arguably gives them their best shot at getting a 'W' on Sunday more so than against any other opponent they face for the remainder of the season.

There's the Ravens on Sunday, the Patriots and the Bengals. Clearly if you're gonna blow your load in an attempt to get a win against any of these three teams, it's gonna be against our team.

Heck, the Ravens had better have the same mindset with two remaining game against Seattle and Pittsburgh. It's gonna be one of those games where both teams realize that against the guys lined up on the other side of the field this Sunday; that's their best chance of gettin a win this season.

That being said, if Boller implodes and allows a friggin winless team to get one against my team... I don't even wanna think about that... but if it were to happen they'd have to consider playing Smith at least a couple of series here and there.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the Castle during meetings man. What, is the kid nodding off at meetings or something? Is he stinkin up the joint in practice?

Rarely do you hear anything in regards to how he's been progressing throughout the year so I haven't a clue.

When Billick was asked whether or not Troy would start this week, Billick kinda snickered and said that Kyle was the starter and he gives them their best chance to win.

The way he said it was almost in a condensending manner, as if it was kinda funny that anyone would think that Smith was anywhere near ready to lead an offensive attack in the NFL. (don't crucify me, it's only my observations and opinions)

Did anyone else get that impression? I just hope that we as fans at least get the chance to see the kid do his thing before the season's over with. Who knows what he can do in a live situation until he's actually in a live situation?

Just my opinion.-Pro-