Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Smith

Re: Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Nope, no sour grapes here. I think we'll have more members after the miami game. Its a road game and we all know the story with Boller and road games
    I know boss. I was just fuckin' around. I absolutely agree with the Miami game though. When the two teams talk about this being their superbowl, that is just sad. Two shitty teams battling out for a win and it is sold to the fans as being the most important of games? fuck that. That is a damn insult to both Ravens fans and Dolphin fans.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    BS on card numbers. Ive been saying to start Troy long before its been fashionable. All I got from y'all is that he is too short and not ready. But since you mother fuckers started a club -- I'm in.
    All are welcome, even the Crazy ones. :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'll join the party. I did watch Troy play on Sunday night and even though it was against backups and such, he didn't do too bad. Lets see what he can do for us!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Dude scored the coveted 007 card number. DRATS!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Dude scored the coveted 007 card number. DRATS!
    :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

This forum is eerily quiet these days isn't it?

PP

Yeah What QB debate is there? McNair is the worst, Kyle is inconsistent and TS played well in four snaps of action against 3rd stringers. The QB this team is seeking is likely studying for finals right now. That discussion gets a bit heated, but it's a bit early to talk abotu the draft anyways. Might as well wait at least until after both seasons are done.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    This forum is eerily quiet these days isn't it?

PP
    Not too much to say. Everyone knows where this team stands as far as QB's go. McNair stinks, everyone calmmored for Boller, he did well, and then blew it a week later, and that leaves option 3. Are we gonna see Troy get a start? Unlikely. So no controversey per se, just wishful thinking at this point.

Pitty Troy won't start against the Phins. Billick is trying to ensure a win on Sunday. He knows if he doesn't win that game then he's out. So going with the "gives us the best chance to win" he's starting Boller. Instead of moving forward to next year and evaluating what we have at QB he's trying to protect his job.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

10. Re: Troy Smith

I disagree with all of you. The Boller hatred is incomprehensible, really. The best way to properly judge a qb is relative to the other person who played qb that year with that team.Almost everyone (media and fans) have come to the conclusion that Boller won't be even an average starting qb after last game. The fact that Steve McNair looked so bad when he played this year in a non factor? Did he suddenly go from being the "great" Steve to being the "horrible" Steve in one game? The answer is that he was not so great last year and was not so bad this year, he declined a little bit (what you wound expect from one year to the next with a 33 year old) but he was playing with a much worse line, and the last 2 games did not have Todd Heap and Demetrius Williams. So comes along Boller and looks better that McNair (much better if we want to be honest), but is deemed inconsistent to the extent that he is toast. So I ask do we throw Troy Smith in the same fire? I have no opinion at all on him, but I do know that he would have to be great to look ok and its not worth it. Its still worth looking at Boller hoping there will we better protection, and seeing if its ok going into next year with him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The Boller hatred is incomprehensible
    Why when some people speak the truth,should it be deemed hatred?

This Troy movement is just for us to see what #10 has got to give this team.
    He has been learning the playbook all season.He has a winless team up next.
    A great way of breaking the kid in early.

What new things are you going to learn about Boller playing the Dolphins a winless team?

We don't hate Kyle Boller,we just know what we have in Kyle Boller.And with three games remaining what more is there to see?
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbird View Post
    So I ask do we throw Troy Smith in the same fire? I have no opinion at all on him, but I do know that he would have to be great to look ok and its not worth it. Its still worth looking at Boller hoping there will we better protection, and seeing if its ok going into next year with him.
    Well, you make some good points. The short answer to your question is, yes, we throw him in the fire. For the slightly-less-short answer, please see the quote in my sig, below. After five years even (most of) the most enthusiastic supporters of Boller would probably agree with me Boller is not the Quarterback of the Future.

In the real world, the players care about wins, and so does Billick, even in a lost season. So you will get your wish, that Boller will start. But again, I don't think he's the quarterback of the future, he is but a capable backup. And I would guess even the FO sees that, though obviously nobody from the FO/coaching staff would say so.

Why do I want to see Troy Smith play? Because unlike the players, coaches and front office people, I just want to see him play. As priority #1, over beating the Dolphins. I love my Ravens and will watch them even if they are forced to field, as signal-caller, PeeWee Herman or Steve from Blue's Clues at QB (Actually, I'd pay extra). So I will watch Boller if he's out there. But I would *love* to see Option #3, especially after his four down masterpiece Monday night.

Also, and again welcome to the board, please try to use paragraph breaks where appropriate. Folks around here can get testy if you repeatedly hit them with a wall of text.
    Last edited by festivus; 12-12-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.