Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Ravens not returning next year

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    It depends on the market. Some teams have a LOT of money. Atlanta is going to have more due to a rebate from vick's signing bonus. Suggs is going to be a HOT commodity. New Orleans, Tennessee, San Fran, Cleveland, and Cinci all have over 30 million in cap space going into next year. If they want a pass rusher, Suggs is the man outside Jared Allen. If the Chief franchise and keep Allen, that makes Suggs' value go ever higher. Buffalo might make a run at Suggs also to help the linebacking core.

Salary Cap link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week14/4.html

Free Agents link (needs updating, but general idea) http://footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Frankly, the picture doesn't look good. I'd advocate keeping Trevor Pryce around (I am fairly certain he is more expensive to cut than to keep) and tag-and-trade Suggs. Yes, it really really stinks. But giving Suggs a Freeney contract will really crush the team. The ravens are tight against cap trouble already. The odds of being able to get a mid-first rounder and a middle third rounder see decent if a team really likes Suggs and thinks he'll make that kind of difference.

What could you do with a Mid-first rounder? Vernon Gholston, Cason, Mike Jenkins, Dan Connor, Quentin Groves, Harvey from FL, Tyson Jackson from LSU, Laurenitis maybe, Reggie Smith.

McNair may be back...he's also more expensive to cut than to keep. This assuming he doesn't retire.

It's going to be ugly and this draft and who gets released is going to be vital to this team for the next 5 years easily. This is a make or break draft, much like the 2003 draft that solidified a defense but acquired "not the answer" for the offense and thus the Ravens trend continued as a defensive powerhouse carrying an inept offense to playoff contention ever other year....
    Apparently you did not read all of this post or you would not be saying this. I personally spoke to Rell and he is NOT going anywhere. He is not money hungry and it getting annoying seeing ppl who post thinking he is. He is Happy in B-more and happy with his team mates. His contract is in the works he will STAY!

Re: Ravens not returning next year

Who is Rell?

Yea, what he said
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Hey, I'm not calling anyone money hungry...it's a business. Would you go work in some other city for twice as much? There are very few Bart Scott's around.

Pardon me for not reading every single post.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 12-15-2007 at 03:50 AM.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who is Rell?
    I thought the same thing, who the hell is Rell?

I'm guessing 'Rell is short for Terrell, as in Suggs. FRC is suggesting that she knows the guy personally. I hope she's right, that "Rell" is going to return as a Raven.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

6. Re: Ravens not returning next year

hahaha yes Rell being Terrell sorry did not think about it before I typed it. Yes I know him personally and might add he is a kick ass guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    hahaha yes Rell being Terrell sorry did not think about it before I typed it. Yes I know him personally and might add he is a kick ass guy!
    Then tell him not to be stupid and ask for obscene contract!!! He didnt exactly light it up this season. Ray tried it 2 years ago and you see where that got him.