Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    Stinger you missed the point..
    No my friend. I got the point. You have not been here all season long. You show up after Kyle Boller has a shitty game to call out other forum members and try to not only start a fight, but in the QB thread you started when you couldn't draw T or Greg out you egged them on.

My only issue is that I know you better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by purple bird View Post
    Actually the players outwardly expressed their desire for McNair not to step down, the fans seem to be the only ones pressing for Boller.

It seems like the fans can't read between the lines after five years - THE PLAYERS DON'T LIKE BOLLER.
    Not only are you absolutely wrong once again but...............

You've seen the pictures of him around town partying it up (have you seen some of the Preakness pics with him?). He is a well-educated pretty boy who is just happy to have the money he has so he can live the lifestyle he leads and if he loses, well let's just say he doesn't take it to heart as much as the ultra-competitive types like Ray, JO or Ed Reed does. He doesn't care because he cares more about the fact that he can continue partying with models than winning football games.
    While we can debate Boller's ability to play football and whether he could become a QB or not, it takes a special kind of coward to call into question his character like you did; especially considering the beating he has taken on the field for this team.

I would love to be at a Monday Night Live show, or another radio show where someone like you would dare come out from behind your keyboard and say something like that to Kyle Boller himself. That to me would be worth the $25 VIP price of Ray Lewis's place.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I somewhat agree, but the problem with firing Billick and installing a new offensive system is your are basically not going to be a competitive team next year with eveyrone learning a new system.
    I must disagree highly. I wpuld rather risk another off-season if we are going to install a new offense. And I have to think if we do it quickly we might be able to get a lot of it installed over the offseason before training camp starts.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No my friend. I got the point. You have not been here all season long. You show up after Kyle Boller has a shitty game to call out other forum members and try to not only start a fight, but in the QB thread you started when you couldn't draw T or Greg out you egged them on.

My only issue is that I know you better than that.
    A.) I haven't posted here all season long, because there was no point. I just read the ridiculous takes on things, BOTH sides, and sat back and just laughed. But now, I am a little tired of excuses. The fact is our whole offense sucks as a unit, minus McGahee.

B.) I started a thread in the QB forum, and figured no one would respond after my last "social experiment" with that forum had some guillible members leave with egg on their faces. I would've left it there, but I had to read some of the more ridiculous takes in this forum, and decided to speak my opinion, and yes, call out the hardcore McNair bashers. Not because I think McNair is better than Boller, but because all this time they blamed it on McNair.

I've heard some many reasons to blame McNair, it's comical. We've had people say they've recievers open ALL THE TIME when McNair was playing QB, even though they were road games, and the cameras follow the ball, not the routes downfield. Now all of the sudden, the same people talk about upgrading our receivers because they aren't getting open.

McNair, the geriatric fumblitis machine. Yes, McNair's pocket presence was bad this year, and had problems taking care of the ball. But the excuse was Boller's same problems were due bad OLINE play. Now we need to upgrade the OLINE when we've spent a number of draft picks that need to develop...

I heard about how Billick's offense was working, and our troubles were because McNair couldn't get the ball downfield. How if Boller started, our offense would score more points, and be more explosive, dynamic, etc. People swore by that religiously, and bashed McNair at any cost. Guess what? Boller started, and we had similar results.

Different QB, same shit. But now the OLINE needs to get upgraded, Billick needs to be fired, a new OC needs to be brought in, and we need to upgrade our WRs...

The more objective people on this forum, including myself, have notice this, and talked about it since the pre-season. It never mattered to me whom the starter was, in fact I was in favor of benching McNair midway through the season.

You can't shit where you eat, and unfortunately, there is a certain group here doing it...

PS> I haven't directed any of my comments towards BGreg, or included him.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...