Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

Boller had more than enough time in many many plays. When he managed to throw the ball, it was a perfect strike... right into the numbers of a defender. That Monday night game against the Pats, he looked like a fucking superstar. Last night, he looked like shit. It was his game to lose, and he lost it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Keep the excuses coming...
    No no no no, the excuses have to stop. Its time to move foward without him. Why continue on with this. we can bring in any schlub and get the same results.

Hes a bust. Plain and simple.

Troy is the way to go for the rest of the season and possibly into next season, depending on what happens with Mcnair and his contract.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I would not overpay T. Suggs. I would try to resign him, but definitely not overpay. The Ravens are on the verge of cap hell. They really overpaid Steve McNair, and unless some of the players retire or restructure their contracts, you will see some drastic changes next year. Regardless who we draft, the Ravens will be drafting high. There will be a huge salary there and we have a lot of aged players who are making big money.

T. Suggs had a great year last year because of Trevor Price and A.D. Without either one of them, he is unable to get to the QB or make other big plays.

The Ravens have so many holes to fill and a limited budget.

I would like the Ravens to hire the OC from Dallas as their next head coach, but I have a feeling that Wade Phillips will be retiring soon and they will promote him next.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I think our top 3 receivers (Mason, Clayton, Williams) are very good, although I don't know what happened to Clayton this year - he seems to have disappeared. And Heap is a threat when he can actually get on the field.

But, after the top 3, there is a huge drop off. Darling has shown flashes but drops more than he catches, and Figurs needs to stick to returning kicks.

Clayton to his defense has been hurt this year. But he's not a #1 receiver on any team. He can't stretch the defense and hasn't really gotten much seperation from defenders.

Of course, he's not being sent deep either, so it's not all his fault either.

Having 3 #2 receivers is ok. But most good teams have a #1 guy that you know you can get a 40-50 TD out of once or twice a game.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    No no no no, the excuses have to stop. Its time to move foward without him. Why continue on with this. we can bring in any schlub and get the same results.

Hes a bust. Plain and simple.

Troy is the way to go for the rest of the season and possibly into next season, depending on what happens with Mcnair and his contract.
    I have to agree ... Boller has had 40 plus starts as a QB. What you see now is what you get. I was hoping he could build off of last weeks performance but figured we'd see BollerBall much sooner than we wanted.

The season as been a dismal failure, it's time to see what we have to go forward with. Boller isn't capable of bringing this team success. This seems to be a good spot for Shannon's quote.

“I've got a better chance of winning the Kentucky Derby on the back of a donkey than they have of winning the Super Bowl with Kyle Boller.”

Blog Entries

Boller WILL be our starting QB next year, even if we draft Matt Ryan!! I'm 99% sure of it....unless he gets hurt. The real question is what they're going to do with Smith. Are they going to give him more playing time this year? I'd like to see him against a 1st-string defense. I know he's short, but he has decent mobility and has a strong arm....I guess we'll all find out.

I'd like to see them get Chris Long or CB Terrell Thomas. These guys would have an immediate impact on our defense, especially Long. When we get constant pressure on the opposing QB, it makes the rest of the D that much better. If we were to get these guys in the first, then I'd have no problem getting Dennis Dixon in the late rounds.....

To clarify this thread, i.e. to respond to people like Losac, I am NOT apologizing for Boller's sorry performance last night.

I am past that. What I am saying is that there is not consistent pass protection. What I saw from Troy Smith is that he made some plays outside the pocket that I liked, but again, protection was 3 seconds at best.

So I'm not sure if we'll even see a QB do well in this system and with this limited pass protection.

Blog Entries

Our big needs are CB, DL, and QB.

OL, I think it's just going to take time...You've got Jason Brown, who is really starting to gel as our LG. Mike Flynn, it's time to hit some bench buddy...although we need Chester to setup up and be the C we need him to be first. Grubbs, we might want to let him have another year in rotation before starting him, but he's been progessing well. You've got Yanda on the right side, we should keep him there, he's lights out compared to Terry. LT, you've got Terry and Gaither...let them go at it...I think Gaither supplants him next year, if not Opening Day, at midway through the season. Right there, that's a young OL with lots of promise...you're going to get beat now and again, but I can't see any weak spots there, as far as bad players...

CB, I think Rolle and CMac are just hitting their undependable age. Originally, I saw Rolle as a possible retirement, but it appears like he will come back. That said, I want to see a CB who can push him in training camp. Rolle would be wonderful as a nickel back. So I think we look for CB in round 1, unless there is a monster QB sitting there, loving the Ravens.

DL, I think we need help at DE...BAD. Suggs is likely gone, unless he manages to lower his expectations. I still love Pryce, but our depth was definitley exposed there. We have no decent backup who can put the pressure on the OL...Scratch that, other than Pryce we have NO DE who can pressure the OL. We at least have a few things helping us, as we're a hybrid 4-3 3-4, so we could look at OLBs and either have them convert to DE or bring JJ back to DE. Also, maybe someone like Antwan Barnes could fill that role.

QB...When Boller is playing lights out, I love this guy. But to be honest, he can't play a consistent 2-3 game run to save his life. The reason we loved Boller again, was he didn't have the opportunities to go out and remind us that he can't play a full season at the same level. I really wish the kid the best, but I believe we've seen enough. I'd start him next year, because I don't want to throw a rookie or Troy Smith out there to get ruined, but I don't think we should make any bones about it, the kid is on his way out of here in another year. As for Troy Smith, it's going to be hard to tell if he's the real deal or not until this team really starts to come together. I say if you see a QB sitting in a nice spot, take him anyway...I'd rather have a Cleveland situation, where you've got two good QBs, than have several mediocre QBs.

We're pretty set at RB and LB and ST. I agree with the explosive factor at WR/TE, but I think Clayton, D Wil, and Heap will bring that next year when they're healthier...and DVD has earned a chance to come back to Baltimore and pickup on this play.

Billick can stay, so long as he gives up the reigns on offense and lets someone come in who will do it up right. I think Neuheisel would've been great here, but he was a puppethead, and that's why he's trying desperately to get out while he still can. Bring in an imaginative college coach, or a very good, seasoned position coach and let them design our new offense.

Exiled is spot on... I like all fo those prosects, though I'm not so high on Jenkins, I'd rather a guy that is more physical and used to man up style at corner... coincidentally Mike Jenkins may be that guy. I think where we pick in the first will be too high to spend on any of these corners though. To me, our first should be used on a QB if still necessary, or a DE or traded back.

I would say DE is our biggest need.

I am severely dissapointed with Suggs. He just doesn't use his hands well to disengage from the blocker, and has no moves. Its just sad watching him do the same bull rush and get owned the same way almost every play.

As for QB, I liked what I say from Troy Smith, but because we have shit for pass protection, we didn't get to see anything from him WITHIN THE POCKET, which is what teams feared with him. He's short so his ability to see downfield from insid the pocket is worrisome.

And so again, I hope we draft a real center or let Jason Brown be center and draft another guard.

I also agree that Troy Smith needs to see increased time this year.

Someone said next year is rebuilding, and i somewhat agreed. With the cap, and the money we will be eating next year. I can see that happening. Firing Brian is the easiest thing to do. But will we eat that contract too. I like suggs, so yes don't overpay but offer something to equal the down season he's having.

I really don't know, how to fix the ravens. Just hope maybe TROY works out and rebuild the aging D in the draft. Maybe a QB first, but can we really afford that with the cap next year. That's a lot of money for top 5 picks. Just a thought.

Roughly thinking, yes i think somethimes,LOL, Steve and J.O. retire. Eat the dead money for 08. Ray last season,or take a big paycut. Cmac and a draft pick starts next year with Rolle as the 3rd. The o line will hopefully gel next year and Kyle will start half and TROY will finish.

I don't know but 08 is really lokking like a bye year for us. But i'm on the ship anyway. And always will be. Unless we lose to the fins this week, i'm jumping overboard and meet the ship at the bottom.

Thanks for the props Jonboy. I've just not seen enough of the CBs there to get a real read. I've seen Jenkins and Cason, but not Mike Jenkins. I'll see if I can find some stuff on a video site to have a better clue.
    Just win baby...