Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Miami vs Baltimore - Who Cares Less?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Obviously the Ravens care less. Miami is going to be battling every game to not go winless, and they likely pick up their first win here.
    Now I see the logic there, but at the same time, I don't see any evidence of the Phish actually doing this. That should have been a motivating factor from the point at which they were 0-8, but it just wasn't. They quit on the season long ago, they don't like their coach, their veterans are letting the side down big time, they have no star, no spark, no leadership. I don't see them suddenly giving a crap now when they've been so non-plussed about the season for the last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Now I see the logic there, but at the same time, I don't see any evidence of the Phish actually doing this. That should have been a motivating factor from the point at which they were 0-8, but it just wasn't. They quit on the season long ago, they don't like their coach, their veterans are letting the side down big time, they have no star, no spark, no leadership. I don't see them suddenly giving a crap now when they've been so non-plussed about the season for the last 2 months.
    I agree, but I think it will all depend on the start of the game. If we take a quick lead (7-0 might even be enough) they will fold and go home. If they jump out early to 10-0 or 14-0 they will think that they have a chance and may show some fight.

Blog Entries

i know a lot of fans are hitting the snooze button on this game, but I want our team to play with some pride and give us one last win. Because we don't have a chance against the Seahawks or Steelers...but let's go out with 5 wins...give us something to soothe our pain.

Two teams with injuries and bad offenses...This will be a D game, so a lot of people think it won't be fun to watch. I disagree, this will be a game where the team who wants it more will triumph, and I want to see who it is...if we pack it in and play like we did this week, then we are the worst team in the league.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I don't even want to consider the Ravens losing to the Dolphins.But if by some horrific chance that they do. How can Billick look at any Raven player in the eye,and vice versa again.

I know we have alot of injuries,but we still have a better roster than that gutted team down in Florida.

Here is a health warning.Do not eat anything while watching this game.
    I don't want any fellow Raven fan choking on their food in shock.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Well from what I hear on the radio, the Ravens organization cares. It almost sounds like there will be an intense meltdown at the palace if they don't win. Who knows, maybe Billick's job is truly on the line, despite the denials in the newspapers. When you hear a coach repeat on more than one occassion that his job is safe and that he will be back next year, you have to question it.

I honestly don't understand it, as I think the slotting of the draft is far more important at this point. Frankly, I don't want them winning another game this year so that they can get the QB that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Well from what I hear on the radio, the Ravens organization cares. It almost sounds like there will be an intense meltdown at the palace if they don't win. Who knows, maybe Billick's job is truly on the line, despite the denials in the newspapers. When you hear a coach repeat on more than one occassion that his job is safe and that he will be back next year, you have to question it.

I honestly don't understand it, as I think the slotting of the draft is far more important at this point. Frankly, I don't want them winning another game this year so that they can get the QB that they want.
    A loss to Miami almost guarantees an implosion of epic proportions. It wil be...legendary.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

7. Re: Miami vs Baltimore - Who Cares Less?

Agreed. And a big win with a solid Boller performance will put the org back at square one with thinking things will quickly turn around with the same staff, QB, and players. Again Boller will have future potential, BB will turn things around next year, etc... So that leaves fans in a no win situation.

Lose and it will be another humiliation.
    Win, and the mirage of hope will return despite Miami being terrible.

I will say, this is the kind of team we have always crushed under Billick. The bad ones.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

When you hear a coach repeat on more than one occassion that his job is safe and that he will be back next year, you have to question it.
    Damn Billick for answering the questions he is asked. By answering these questions and not ignoring them or saying no comment it would certainly seem like he thinks he will be fired. </sarcasm>

I don't want to be a dick so I won't comment further on the above.

Really, ask the teams that draft high how that works our for them when they give a cat $50 million before he sniffs an NFL playbook. High picks are cap killers, we have done very well in the teens and 20s at a LOT LESS CAP COST!

If you think Boller is a bust, measure his cap number against a Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith or any number of other very high QBs I can list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Losing to Miami will be the icing on the cake for us. I can't wait for the piss-waving inbreds to show up for that that game against the Steelers. No matter what....we as fans need to show up at that game and don't let them take over. I'm sure alot of tickets will be available because people will sell out.
    You got that right! I believe the Ravens WILL LOSE this weekend to the fish, and the Squeeler fans WILL TAKE OVER this stadium come 30 Dec.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton