Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Something brewing at The Castle today?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Reset complete. Next step, “delete.”
    Delete delete delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Still not crazy about a Center in the 2nd, our TE situation is in absolute shambles. Gesicki, Goedert, Andrews, Hurst would all be better picks, especially if we go McGlinchey in the 1st. Pats have been using make shift OL's for years and consistently playing in the SB and the Cowboys have the best OL in the NFL and struggled a ton on offense last year. OL definitely a staple of any team but it get's over exaggerated by fans, usually because it used to be so under appreciated.
    Make shift OL?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    We could go ILB w/the first pick. NOT sign Mosley to a big extension & get a great comp pick when Mosley walks. Why commit 10mil to ILB when we can go 1st pick, get the last year of CJ on his rookie deal schooling his replacement and have more cap space next year.
    But.. Say we do draft a LB first pick ie Smith, Edmunds, etc and resign Mosely. yes we are committing that money but we are set for years to come and that's one less thing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The franchise will not allow a premium drafted defensive player to walk. We are resigning mosley
    Definitely agree and he we get 10mill+

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I can't doubt your logic, but just as there aren't any star TEs, are we comfortable with Skura as our starting Center? The majority probably would see things your way (TE in round #2) and I don't blame them, but it wouldn't disappoint me adding a Center like Ragnow.
    Stanley - Hurst - Ragnow - Yanda - McGlinchey looks pretty darn good. On paper anyway... Bc
    I think you'd see Lewis in before Hurst by the time camp is done.

LOL Wikipedia got jokes about Snead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Snead_IV

The Accident

On January 1st 2017 with 8:25 left in the game Willie Snead IV was seen catching a pass and heading up field for what was surely an easy Saints first down. At the 8:22 mark he was in a head on collision with a semi driven by Keanu Neal. No one knows if he ever fully recovered. Here’s a link to the hit
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    But.. Say we do draft a LB first pick ie Smith, Edmunds, etc and resign Mosely. yes we are committing that money but we are set for years to come and that's one less thing to worry about.

Definitely agree and he we get 10mill+
    I’m not down with paying 15+ million for 2 ILBers

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I’m not down with paying 15+ million for 2 ILBers

get used to it man. I 100% guarantee we go absolutely ham on defense again this draft. We might take offensive line round 1 or 2... but with WR's being signed....Ozzie's going to go BPA...and thats likely to be a Rush / ILB/ CB in most rounds lol
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I think you'd see Lewis in before Hurst by the time camp is done.
    I'm not sure about that, and I do hope Alex Lewis comes back 100%. Hurst played well at LG last year and we gave him a 4 year, $18 mil contract with $8 mil guaranteed. That's basically paying him to be a starter for at least two years... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Make shift OL?

Yeah Pats do a lot of plug and play with mid round picks to fill out their OL. Solder (who left in FA) was their only OL drafted before the 3rd round starting, they don't burn 1sts and 2nds on the OL, they find guys they like in the mid rounds like your Shaq Mason's, Joe Thuney, and Marcus Cannon's to fill out their line. Ravens have had success drafting OL mid-late as well, that's why I'm not in on the McGlinchey/Ragnow mock, it's overkill when we desperately need help at positions that actually need 1st and 2nd round picks invested.

Blog Entries

Yeah Pats do a lot of plug and play with mid round picks to fill out their OL. Solder (who left in FA) was their only OL drafted before the 3rd round starting, they don't burn 1sts and 2nds on the OL, they find guys they like in the mid rounds like your Shaq Mason's, Joe Thuney, and Marcus Cannon's to fill out their line. Ravens have had success drafting OL mid-late as well, that's why I'm not in on the McGlinchey/Ragnow mock, it's overkill when we desperately need help at positions that actually need 1st and 2nd round picks invested.
    How did Pittsburgh build the best oline in football how about Dallas and the second best oline in football?

Blog Entries

The Pats have made sure to keep on the of the NFL's best O-line coaches from leaving. He's tried to retire and they keep throwing money at him to keep him. When Dante Scanecchia does finally retire the Patriots are going to have some trouble with their o-line

Blog Entries

Ravens have had success drafting OL mid-late as well, that's why I'm not in on the McGlinchey/Ragnow mock, it's overkill when we desperately need help at positions that actually need 1st and 2nd round picks invested.
    True. It's a question of timing. If you want guys who are quality OL now, better bet is to pick them early. We've done well with Skura, got by with Urschel, turned Hurst into kind of serviceable. Guys like Jensen and Wagner were later picks, but also took longer to be ready. Jensen was a backup/bubble player for 3-4 years. We did well getting Ronnie in the first because he's a premium player at a premium position. The rest you can definitely get by with lower picks. When you have a franchise LT, do you really want to burn another 1st on a RT? At 16 no less? Not sure I would want to , but this draft might fall in such a way that McGlinchey is BPA.

I don't have a problem with a McGlinchey/Ragnow 1-2 because the Ravens are definitely in a win-now mode. They want to make a run while there's still some post-peak performance left in Flacco. They brought in the vet WRs so they wouldn't have to wait out the learning curve that goes with rookie WRs (and with the Ravens' track record developing them, that seems wise). Outside of RT I don't know there's a position truly up for grabs at the moment (we may not know the exact arrangement between LG and C, but have enough talent there for now, but not so much that we would turn down an upgrade in the draft).

That puts the Ravens in position to go BPA and draft with the 2019-2021 seasons in mind. If that happens to be McGlinchy / Ragnow, so be it. But I'm betting the Ravens are hoping a couple bigger fish will jump in the boat with those 1-2 picks.