Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: DJ Moore might not be there at 16

Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn
    Moore and Miller are my 2 favorite WR's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You, Baldy and me should start a chorus outside Ozzie's window.
    I can hear it now :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEf86fC2tVc

Ozzie, "Hey I gotta get up early tomorrow! OK, I will consider it if you'll just be quiet."

... Bc

2. Re: DJ Moore might not be there at 16

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    his red zone work is unreal
    That'd be great if the Ravens had a receiver that actually fights for the ball again. What a concept.

Blog Entries

Re: DJ Moore might not be there at 16

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I'm with some of the other posters on this thread, I think Ridley is the better player right now. I might not be the WR guru on these boards, but I think lots of people who watch Ridley can tell that his route running finesse and prowess is clearly unparalleled in this class and there are only so many guys in the league currently who can run routes like he can. That route running gives you separation and a CLEAN target to throw to. Joe needs a guy like Ridley. If Ridley was more athletic and more of a "freak" he would be top 10 easy. With DJ Moore he's clearly an outstanding athlete, but in the limited film I've seen of him he's the complete opposite of Ridley in that he is almost an athletic freak, but before the catch he's nothing special. His routes are not very crisp, he lacks the finesse and route running know how to get away from tight man coverage and his technique at the LOS to get off of press is not great either.

I'm probably in the minority saying this, but I wouldn't take Moore until the second, and I wouldn't take Ridley until late in the first. So let people take them. The dropoff isn't that great in this class
    If Ridley were 21 turning 22....I wouldn’t be too upset about potentially taking him at 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In other years, neither Ridley or Moore would sniff Round 1. Moore has more upside but Ridley's floor is higher and can contribute this year as a posession receiver. The lousy top of the WR class may push both in the bottom half of Round 1 but both will be there at 16. Neither is worth the 16th pick. Any non DL BPA is better use of the pick.
    I tend to agree.

I think guys like Miller, Hamilton, Gallup, and some others in rounds 2-4 are much better options than Ridley, Sutton, or Moore at 16.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Agreed. If John Ross went in round one, Ridley would have gone in round one.
    John Ross ran the fastest 40-yard dash this side of Deion Sanders.

If Ridley ran a sub-4.3, we aren’t having this convo because Ridley would be long gone by the time the Ravens pick.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    That'd be great if the Ravens had a receiver that actually fights for the ball again. What a concept.
    They do now Michael Crabtree

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    John Ross ran the fastest 40-yard dash this side of Deion Sanders.

If Ridley ran a sub-4.3, we aren’t having this convo because Ridley would be long gone by the time the Ravens pick.

The knock on Ridley is not his speed. In fact, he had good enough speed and savvy to be a threat to go deep.. It is his size and strength that causes concerns, particularly getting off of press coverage and winning 50/50 balls. He is a great route runner with a high floor but will be a #2 in the NFL. IMO, that is not worth pick 16.

I'm not seeing much buzz on Christian Kirk at all. Kind of interesting. I envision him as a dude with value between our first and second picks (maybe closer to 2nd). I think his route tree was a bit limited in college and don't think his catch radius is huge, but I still see him as one of the more pro-ready prospects right now and gives you a top-notch returner for 4-7 years. Thoughts on Kirk, or are we mostly just meh on him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    I'm not seeing much buzz on Christian Kirk at all. Kind of interesting. I envision him as a dude with value between our first and second picks (maybe closer to 2nd). I think his route tree was a bit limited in college and don't think his catch radius is huge, but I still see him as one of the more pro-ready prospects right now and gives you a top-notch returner for 4-7 years. Thoughts on Kirk, or are we mostly just meh on him?
    He looks like Ray Rice. I think it's going to take a QB with a real soft touch, Brady, Wentz, Keenum etc.. to really take advantage of Kirk. Flacco just isn't precise enough to get him the ball. We need the opposite as in a WR with a big catch radius who can get a ball that's near him instead of right at him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The knock on Ridley is not his speed. In fact, he had good enough speed and savvy to be a threat to go deep.. It is his size and strength that causes concerns, particularly getting off of press coverage and winning 50/50 balls. He is a great route runner with a high floor but will be a #2 in the NFL. IMO, that is not worth pick 16.
    Where Ridley would be perfect is with the Falcons. Having that big double team target which allows single coverage on the #2 would really benefit Ridley.

Good that means Ridley likely falls.
    Last edited by boller4president; 04-22-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    I think his combine killed a lot of his buzz. He was seen as an electric YAC kind of guy that could also be special on returns. Usually you expect those type of guys to have very good athleticism. Unfortunately for him, his combine numbers were NFL average across the board. So, he's slipped from being in the conversation of those top tier receiver draft prospects, to now being in the conversation with the second tier receiver prospects.

Personally, I still like him as a prospect, but I like him in the 2nd round or later.