Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: War on Drugs: Good or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Uhh, what. More than half of the country have used drugs at one point. Under this logic there would be more people in prison than not
    Do you not see how much the prison population has increased over the past couple decades? They are always building more and more prisons. It is also a business.

Do you know in the state of MD. If you work for a state run agency, if you choose to spend state dollars the first place that gets first crack and that money is the corrections agency? Having the inmates complete the work. Maryland Correctional Enterprises is one of the first places that gets a shot at taking on that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You’re talking about two different things.

If I choose to smoke cannabis in the confines of my own home, I’m not hurting anyone. As long as I’m being responsible about it (ie not driving after smoking), I’m not hurting anyone.

The people robbing, murdering, and thieving are committing crimes. Maybe drugs were part of it, but their crimes were not smoking cannabis. Their crimes were the actions they took against other people’s property or other people.

Again, child endangerment/negligence is a crime. Those people should be dealt with accordingly.

The POS junkie that buys his shit and goes home and does heroin is only hurting himself. He’s not physically doing anything to another person.

That’s my point.

I have a family member who OD on that shit, his body was found slumped over in a car up in Baltimore and he had been dead for 3 days. There are always victims no matter the drug of choice. I know a guy who lives out in San Diego and he worked on a Pot farm and he was robbed at one point so yes even Weed there is always crime and victims. [/QUOTE]

Weed didn’t rob the guy you know. Someone else robbed him. They should be dealt with accordingly.

The person who uses CBD oil at home to deal with chronic pain didn’t rob your friend.

And your point about your family member - that’s sad man. But we all know someone or have family members that made the wrong choices and screwed themselves up. That was their choice though - as messed up as it is/was. No one made them do it. The only person they hurt was themselves.

I know people that have serosis (sp?) of the liver due to years of drinking heavily.

Should we go back to Prohibition Era laws for booze?

I don’t agree with that either. Increasing penalties for guys and gals that just want to go home and get high is just not the answer IMO. Addicts don’t care whether or not that next high is going to land them in prison or on death row (in your scenario). They just care about that next high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No am not talking about two different things.

What you are saying is exactly my point. Unless you are growing the stuff illegally on your own property there might have very well been victims from your weed purchase. There are robberies, thefts all over places that grow the stuff legally and illegally. I know a guy who has worked on one of the legally run places and there was always people trying to steal stuff, robbing them etc...

If you live lets say in a town house. My nephew just bought a town house, when I was there doing some work, his neighbors are either growing it or they are smoking so much they can get a town high because the smell is so over bearing it comes right through his walls. He has a young baby and possibly for that kid to get a contact high from it all while they are choosing to smoke it in their own home next door.

There is always victims, and or problems as a result. This bull shit it comes from the earth, it doesn't give you cancer, its a victimless crime is all conjecture.

Just because you don't think of a consequence doesn't mean someone else has not suffered that consequence.

You ever seen a documentary on Weed growing operations? All the chemicals and shit dumped into the earth? Like I said there is always a consequence or victim from its actions

I'm sure most of you know I tend to think a little outside of the box and am more in the line of thinking of "do whatever makes you happy as long as you don't interfere with other's well being."

So on to drugs, if you want to go do a line of Cocaine, smoke pot, take some X and dance all over half naked chics at a rave (hmm), sell your body for sex, if you want to cut your dick off and go from Derek to Denise, if you want to slap a penis where your vagina should be and go from Patty to Patrick: By all fucking means, go ahead. I think us as an individual should have a right to make our own choices, but when those choices start dictating the life I live, the word I say (trans speech) that's when it becomes a problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I have a family member who OD on that shit, his body was found slumped over in a car up in Baltimore and he had been dead for 3 days. There are always victims no matter the drug of choice. I know a guy who lives out in San Diego and he worked on a Pot farm and he was robbed at one point so yes even Weed there is always crime and victims.
    Weed didn’t rob the guy you know. Someone else robbed him. They should be dealt with accordingly.

The person who uses CBD oil at home to deal with chronic pain didn’t rob your friend.

And your point about your family member - that’s sad man. But we all know someone or have family members that made the wrong choices and screwed themselves up. That was their choice though - as messed up as it is/was. No one made them do it. The only person they hurt was themselves.

I know people that have serosis (sp?) of the liver due to years of drinking heavily.

Should we go back to Prohibition Era laws for booze?

I don’t agree with that either. Increasing penalties for guys and gals that just want to go home and get high is just not the answer IMO. Addicts don’t care whether or not that next high is going to land them in prison or on death row (in your scenario). They just care about that next high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No am not talking about two different things.

What you are saying is exactly my point. Unless you are growing the stuff illegally on your own property there might have very well been victims from your weed purchase. There are robberies, thefts all over places that grow the stuff legally and illegally. I know a guy who has worked on one of the legally run places and there was always people trying to steal stuff, robbing them etc...

If you live lets say in a town house. My nephew just bought a town house, when I was there doing some work, his neighbors are either growing it or they are smoking so much they can get a town high because the smell is so over bearing it comes right through his walls. He has a young baby and possibly for that kid to get a contact high from it all while they are choosing to smoke it in their own home next door.

There is always victims, and or problems as a result. This bull shit it comes from the earth, it doesn't give you cancer, its a victimless crime is all conjecture.

Just because you don't think of a consequence doesn't mean someone else has not suffered that consequence.

You ever seen a documentary on Weed growing operations? All the chemicals and shit dumped into the earth? Like I said there is always a consequence or victim from its actions[/QUOTE]

A contact high from your neighbors is extremely unlikely.

To get a contact high, you’d have to be in the same room with them while they were smoking for a long time...with the windows and doors closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Its not a myth that using drugs like cannabis will get you into prison. I knew plenty of people who were in prison for possessing cannabis or driving with it. If cops pull you over and smell pot they can take your blood and even if you smoked a week ago it will still show up. Boom, Drug DUI, mandatory prison time. At least in my state it is. Possessing over an ounce, mandatory prison time. Even possessing a joint can get you probation and heavy fines, I'm talking 1,000+ dollars. Violate probation (a VOP could come from something as simple as a speeding ticket or being late for an appointment) One way ticket to jail. Cant pay your fine? Go to jail. And what did these people do to deserve this? Where is the victim? Its a scheme to generate revenue. BTW, just because you aren't serving years in jail doesn't mean you won't develop psychological issues that will affect you for the rest of your life as a result of the traumas of things that occur in prison. You also stand a chance of contracting some kind of life threatening disease like MRSA or HIV because most jails are filthy. Cannabis is a no-brainer IMO. It's one of the most benign substances out there, and hasn't been proven to cause any kind of harmful effects whatsoever. Even drugs like tylenol and caffeine claim hundreds of lives a year and no one gets harassed and put in handcuffs over that. At the very most it should be confiscated and offenders receive a small fine akin to a parking ticket.

Do you not see how much the prison population has increased over the past couple decades? They are always building more and more prisons. It is also a business.

Do you know in the state of MD. If you work for a state run agency, if you choose to spend state dollars the first place that gets first crack and that money is the corrections agency? Having the inmates complete the work. Maryland Correctional Enterprises is one of the first places that gets a shot at taking on that contract.
    I have seen that. Its what the Op is talking about. Ideally prisons would be out of business (no crime). Countries that have decriminalized drugs have much less people in prison.

You also said that drug dealers should be executed?? So little johnny gives his friend a couple joints and off he goes to the firing squad? and as a result, his whole families life is ruined. people who have these kind of extreme stances dont think them through all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I have seen that. Its what the Op is talking about. Ideally prisons would be out of business (no crime). Countries that have decriminalized drugs have much less people in prison.

You also said that drug dealers should be executed?? So little johnny gives his friend a couple joints and off he goes to the firing squad? and as a result, his whole families life is ruined. people who have these kind of extreme stances dont think them through all the way
    It also comes down to one of two things 1) the value of human life, 2) whether you believe in the rehabilitation of criminals. If we claim to believe in either of those things, the death penalty is much tougher to go to. If we don't, why stop at drug users?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    It also comes down to one of two things 1) the value of human life, 2) whether you believe in the rehabilitation of criminals. If we claim to believe in either of those things, the death penalty is much tougher to go to. If we don't, why stop at drug users?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Did you see on news yesterday in Arnold MD, about 10 min from Pasadena some Junky piece of shit OD while driving a van and ran over a 12 year old boy walking on the sidewalk with his family. The boy is dead. This junky piece of shit received Narcan twice by EMS personell. There is something seriously wrong with this country. In MD, had not the police arrested this asshole for what he did, it is not even a Parole violation for when they OD on drugs and Narcan is administered. They can continue to get high, waste EMS time and resources and not even get violated on parole. Just wrong.

This piece of shit should have been left to die at the scene. This little boys mother and brother had to bear witness to this horrific scene.

I am sorry. I have no sympathy for drug addicts. Zero.

Did you see on news yesterday in Arnold MD, about 10 min from Pasadena some Junky piece of shit OD while driving a van and ran over a 12 year old boy walking on the sidewalk with his family. The boy is dead. This junky piece of shit received Narcan twice by EMS personell. There is something seriously wrong with this country. In MD, had not the police arrested this asshole for what he did, it is not even a Parole violation for when they OD on drugs and Narcan is administered. They can continue to get high, waste EMS time and resources and not even get violated on parole. Just wrong.

This piece of shit should have been left to die at the scene. This little boys mother and brother had to bear witness to this horrific scene.

I am sorry. I have no sympathy for drug addicts. Zero.
    What about people who prescribed opioids and become addicted? No sympathy?

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Its not a myth that using drugs like cannabis will get you into prison. I knew plenty of people who were in prison for possessing cannabis or driving with it. If cops pull you over and smell pot they can take your blood and even if you smoked a week ago it will still show up. Boom, Drug DUI, mandatory prison time. At least in my state it is. Possessing over an ounce, mandatory prison time. Even possessing a joint can get you probation and heavy fines, I'm talking 1,000+ dollars. Violate probation (a VOP could come from something as simple as a speeding ticket or being late for an appointment) One way ticket to jail. Cant pay your fine? Go to jail. And what did these people do to deserve this? Where is the victim? Its a scheme to generate revenue. BTW, just because you aren't serving years in jail doesn't mean you won't develop psychological issues that will affect you for the rest of your life as a result of the traumas of things that occur in prison. You also stand a chance of contracting some kind of life threatening disease like MRSA or HIV because most jails are filthy. Cannabis is a no-brainer IMO. It's one of the most benign substances out there, and hasn't been proven to cause any kind of harmful effects whatsoever. Even drugs like tylenol and caffeine claim hundreds of lives a year and no one gets harassed and put in handcuffs over that. At the very most it should be confiscated and offenders receive a small fine akin to a parking ticket.
    Typical. Called for the decriminilaztion of all drugs, but then only focus on pot. You may a few incidents where people are in jail for pot, but the vast majority in for drug crimes are dealers or those who have plead down. And please don't try and get sympathy for someone who gets busted for driving while high.

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    What about people who prescribed opioids and become addicted? No sympathy?
    No I do not. I have broken many bones, had surgeries etc... and been prescribed that garbage. Its a choice to take that shit.

I was in plenty of pain, Once I felt it making me all loopy I chose to not do it again.

My wifes cousin who over dosed and moved on to heroin started out on pills. He chose to resort to heroin and he died. I have zero sympathy for any one who does that shit.

That scumbag who ran over and killed a 12 year old boy will pull that I am an addict defense. Screw that. He should have died at the scene. Now my tax dollars will go to rehab him, jail him, feed him. Bullshit.

This poor woman wont get any state funds to bury her son, to pay for his medical bills or that ambulance ride. Hell no. I drive by one of these god damn clinics every morning and you see all the addicts running in and out like Cock roaches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Typical. Called for the decriminilaztion of all drugs, but then only focus on pot. You may a few incidents where people are in jail for pot, but the vast majority in for drug crimes are dealers or those who have plead down. And please don't try and get sympathy for someone who gets busted for driving while high.
    Should be treated the same as a DUI with alcohol.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.