Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens spending resources

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Saw I dig the post. Very informative. I’ve never understood the general fans interest or in Joe’s case hatred of their contracts and money. What difference does it make? This team is gonna spend up to the cap every year. Trying to hav the best team. So what difference to us the fan does Joe’s salary make? Or Suggs or Rays when he was here ? Are ticket prices going up to cover it? Are they gonna charge more for beer? Maybe charge you to watch it on TV?? Of the answer to any and all of these questions is NO....then who the hell cares??? These dudes a re all millionaires. Period. It’s the game. I love the “Joe’s not playing up to his money “ line. Is it your money??? Did Steve call you and ask for a loan??? Hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. The same fans who whine about Joes Contract forget while he was on his rookie deal that Ray, Reed, Suggs, Ngata and Odgen were the guys who occupied majority of our cap. Again, almost all highly paid defensive players.

Joe has his faults. But this front office has not done their part to support him what so ever. Look at where they rank on all the groups I posted. Dead last or near dead last in every category.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    When the draft concedes next weekend lets see where the Ravens finish and how they plan on continuing to build this roster. Here are some things to consider when being objective on who they take.

Ravens Cap resources allocated to Offense
    Rank 32nd dead last.35.69% of the cap roughly $61 million. (This is with the highly debated over paid Joe Flacco) Minus that contract as some people want and the offense spending goes down to 36 million.
    -NFL average on offense is $85 million.
    -Lowest number of players at 26 except to Seattle (24 players)

Ravens cap resources allocated to Defense.
    Rank 5th highest. 90 Million. 53.24% of the cap
    -NFL average on defense is 77 million.

Ravens Special Teams
    Rank #1 highest 9.7 Million 5.6% of the cap.

Other categories of note.
    Money spent on the QB position.
    -9th highest in the league 25 million.

Money spent on the secondary league wide.
    -Ravens rank 1st at 46 million.

Money spent on Oline.
    -Ravens rank 30th at 23 million 13.70% of the cap

Money spent on the WR position.
    -Ravens rank 29th at 13 million 8.0% of the cap

Money spent on the TE position.
    -Ravens rank 31st at 2.7 million 1.62% of the cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offense/
    The money spent on Secondary is literally shocking when you consider how bad our safeties our against the pass...and how much they are getting paid oof.... the rest isnt really a shock...it just confirms what we've been saying... the team is stuck playing 90's ball totally ignoring the offense with the idea they can still win 17-10.

Top 5 defenses still give up 20+ points...you need to be able to score to get into the playoffs
    Burn it down

Its FAKE NEWS? LOL HAHAHA.

Its a legit website that shows actual numbers. It is all 100% legit. You do realize there are more than 11 players on defense right? The 90 mill number is every player in total.

There is not Debate here. Its TRUE ACTUAL FACTUAL numbers no matter how much you wish to whine and cry and blame Joe Flacco for all his short comings.

The info I posted is the most easily comprehendible information to show the average fan how this Front office has poorly built this roster and focused way too many resources on the defensive side of the ball.

So the next time you hear STeve B, Ozzie, Decosta or Harbaugh stand up there and tell you in the 2018 Draft we had to draft all these defensive guys again you can be a little more informed and not believe the crap that they continue to tell the fan base.

If team wants to keep spending on defense that is obviously their prerogative. But that doesn't mean the fans have to support it. This also sheds light on any Joe Flacco Basher who tries saying he has had support. The numbers do not lie, if he did, the salary resources would show.
    I used to think people are contrarian because they genuinely view things different...... I've since realized that people that object to everything despite overwhelming evidence, much like conspiracy theorists....just want to appear to be smarter than everyone else..... I dont think it works, but at least It gives me comfort in knowing WHY they are so outlandish at times
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

The roster isn't even complete and it is misleading using 2018 numbers. Also shows Flacco as 4th highest paid QB.

Go to 2017 with full compliment of players and you get a better picture.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When the draft concedes next weekend lets see where the Ravens finish and how they plan on continuing to build this roster. Here are some things to consider when being objective on who they take.

Ravens Cap resources allocated to Offense
    Rank 32nd dead last.35.69% of the cap roughly $61 million. (This is with the highly debated over paid Joe Flacco) Minus that contract as some people want and the offense spending goes down to 36 million.
    -NFL average on offense is $85 million.
    -Lowest number of players at 26 except to Seattle (24 players)

Ravens cap resources allocated to Defense.
    Rank 5th highest. 90 Million. 53.24% of the cap
    -NFL average on defense is 77 million.

Ravens Special Teams
    Rank #1 highest 9.7 Million 5.6% of the cap.

Other categories of note.
    Money spent on the QB position.
    -9th highest in the league 25 million.

Money spent on the secondary league wide.
    -Ravens rank 1st at 46 million.

Money spent on Oline.
    -Ravens rank 30th at 23 million 13.70% of the cap

Money spent on the WR position.
    -Ravens rank 29th at 13 million 8.0% of the cap

Money spent on the TE position.
    -Ravens rank 31st at 2.7 million 1.62% of the cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offense/
    You have posted this information in multiple threads and I have explained to you multiple times why it just isn't accurate and doesn't display what you think it does. So here I go again...

Here is why the numbers you posted don't make sense:

1. You are looking at CAP HIT. Cap hit is affected by things like restructures as well as how the contract is set up. There have been multiple restructures on defense the last couple of years which makes those players future cap hits inflated, which is what we are experiencing this year. Also players like crabtree have back loaded deals where his cap hit next year is triple what it is this year. And the website that you are claiming to be 100% accurate has not even included Brandon Williams restructure that happened over a month ago.

2. We have five more defensive players signed currently as well as 60 players overall. This number literally means nothing until the roster is finalized as we still have more free agents to add as well as a draft class and when the season comes around we will be more balanced in terms of the number offensive and defensive players.

3. You left out the 9 million plus we have in dead cap that is made up of primarily past offensive players like rice, pitta, monroe, howard and woodhead.

If you still don't think the numbers are accurate lets take a look at last years numbers...

We had 31 offensive players and 32 defensive players under contract. O cap hit was 70.7 million (44.6%) and D cap hit was 52.1 million (32.9%). I dont really need to go on but I will. Because you specifically pointed out Joe Flacco lets look at his hit last year, 24.55 million. Joe Flacco's cap hit last year was 47% of the cap hit of OUR ENTIRE DEFENSE!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The roster isn't even complete and it is misleading using 2018 numbers. Also shows Flacco as 4th highest paid QB.

Go to 2017 with full compliment of players and you get a better picture.
    a full 'what' of players?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Cap hit didn't seem to bother those who rambled on about how high Joe's was at one point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    You have posted this information in multiple threads and I have explained to you multiple times why it just isn't accurate and doesn't display what you think it does. So here I go again...

Here is why the numbers you posted don't make sense:

1. You are looking at CAP HIT. Cap hit is affected by things like restructures as well as how the contract is set up. There have been multiple restructures on defense the last couple of years which makes those players future cap hits inflated, which is what we are experiencing this year. Also players like crabtree have back loaded deals where his cap hit next year is triple what it is this year. And the website that you are claiming to be 100% accurate has not even included Brandon Williams restructure that happened over a month ago.

2. We have five more defensive players signed currently as well as 60 players overall. This number literally means nothing until the roster is finalized as we still have more free agents to add as well as a draft class and when the season comes around we will be more balanced in terms of the number offensive and defensive players.

3. You left out the 9 million plus we have in dead cap that is made up of primarily past offensive players like rice, pitta, monroe, howard and woodhead.

If you still don't think the numbers are accurate lets take a look at last years numbers...

We had 31 offensive players and 32 defensive players under contract. O cap hit was 70.7 million (44.6%) and D cap hit was 52.1 million (32.9%). I dont really need to go on but I will. Because you specifically pointed out Joe Flacco lets look at his hit last year, 24.55 million. Joe Flacco's cap hit last year was 47% of the cap hit of OUR ENTIRE DEFENSE!!!!!
    You want to cherry pick certain things to suit your narrative. You can revisits the webpage in August when the roster is set. I am telling you what the roster shows right now. So what about the dead money. That isn't factoring into the offensive or the defensive spending I listed.

This Roster is basically set except for Draft selections and minus a few undrafted guys. The Defense is set. The offense has the holes so that 90 mill wont drop too much
    Flaccos number is high. No debating that, but the rest of the resources surrounding him sure isn't.

You want to pull up last years numbers go head. I already have. It was discussed last year from the same site.

You can continue to say it doesn't make sense to you. I am not trying to force you to not believe the numbers. The numbers are there and its plain as day to see.

All the early draft picks and free agents that have been dumped into defense is why there are so many holes on offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The money spent on Secondary is literally shocking when you consider how bad our safeties our against the pass...and how much they are getting paid oof.... the rest isnt really a shock...it just confirms what we've been saying... the team is stuck playing 90's ball totally ignoring the offense with the idea they can still win 17-10.

Top 5 defenses still give up 20+ points...you need to be able to score to get into the playoffs
    At least the high price secondary gets it done when the season is on the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to cherry pick certain things to suit your narrative. You can revisits the webpage in August when the roster is set. I am telling you what the roster shows right now. So what about the dead money. That isn't factoring into the offensive or the defensive spending I listed.

This Roster is basically set except for Draft selections and minus a few undrafted guys. The Defense is set. The offense has the holes so that 90 mill wont drop too much
    Flaccos number is high. No debating that, but the rest of the resources surrounding him sure isn't.

You want to pull up last years numbers go head. I already have. It was discussed last year from the same site.

You can continue to say it doesn't make sense to you. I am not trying to force you to not believe the numbers. The numbers are there and its plain as day to see.

All the early draft picks and free agents that have been dumped into defense is why there are so many holes on offense.
    Not cherry picking anything. We signed one defensive player in the offseason, for 1 million, and cut another for about the same and yet our defensive Cap Hit jumped by almost 40 million. That doesnt make sense. The Spending has to be almost the same as last year we are just feeling the effects of restructures and backloaded deals on the cap.

I'll never understand why people are complaining about the FO trying to improve the D. Don't you want the team to get better? The last couple of years their focus has been on the D and now it is obvious they are working on the offense. How about you wait until the season starts before you start criticizing the make-up of the team as there is still plenty of time for more signings, trades and the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    Not cherry picking anything. We signed one defensive player in the offseason, for 1 million, and cut another for about the same and yet our defensive Cap Hit jumped by almost 40 million. That doesnt make sense. The Spending has to be almost the same as last year we are just feeling the effects of restructures and backloaded deals on the cap.

I'll never understand why people are complaining about the FO trying to improve the D. Don't you want the team to get better? The last couple of years their focus has been on the D and now it is obvious they are working on the offense. How about you wait until the season starts before you start criticizing the make-up of the team as there is still plenty of time for more signings, trades and the draft.
    Whether the 90 million is new contracts or 2nd, 3rd or 4th year into the deal the money and resources is still the same. I don't know how you think its different. You are talking about it like they just went out and spent 90 million on free agents. The site clearly shows you 32 player names adding up to a whopping $90,294,121. You do realize Brandon Williams is in 2nd year of big money, Jefferson 2nd year, Weddle 3rd year, Suggs like 6th, Jimmy Smith is almost 16 million alone.

If you don't understand all the early draft resources this team has dumped into D and blatantly ignored offense for the past 5-6 seasons well I don't know what you've been watching.

On offense Its
    Flacco 24.7 mill
    Yanda 10.1 mill
    Brown 5 mill

Every other player on offense is 3 million or below.

Whether the 90 million is new contracts or 2nd, 3rd or 4th year into the deal the money and resources is still the same. I don't know how you think its different. You are talking about it like they just went out and spent 90 million on free agents. The site clearly shows you 32 player names adding up to a whopping $90,294,121. You do realize Brandon Williams is in 2nd year of big money, Jefferson 2nd year, Weddle 3rd year, Suggs like 6th, Jimmy Smith is almost 16 million alone.

If you don't understand all the early draft resources this team has dumped into D and blatantly ignored offense for the past 5-6 seasons well I don't know what you've been watching.
    Literally every player you named who are in their big money years has restructured their deal at least once except for Weddle. Williams twice, smith twice, jefferson and suggs once. Like I and many others have tried to explain to you multiple times restructures push THE CAP HITS to future years. They are still being paid the same amount as they would be its just their cap hit is inflated. Essentially what happens in a restructure is they convert a portion of the salary into a signing bonus which reduces the current year cap hit. That reduction in Cap hit is then prorated to future years increasing the future cap hits. Thats one of the reasons why the d cap hit is so high this year.

Here are some articles on the cap and restructures.

https://www.si.com/2014/02/26/nfl-salary-cap-explained
    https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/20/...cts-nfl-gamble