Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Trump hits Syria

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oil and Water. Literally. If it weren't for their oil, we wouldn't even be there.

It's a tough thing to really think about.

On one hand - WTF do we care about Syria?

On the other hand, Russia and Iran can leverage Syria to really reshape the entire Middle East. And we're allies (stupidly) with Saudi Arabia and (logically) with Israel.

Culturally, the US and the Middle East will never mix. That's part of the problem here. Russia doesn't give a shit if every Syrian kills each other, as long as they can get access to their oil and keep control over their oil pipelines.

I dont want anything to do with that mess over there. We shouldn't be part of the UN. The US should disband from the UN and move their HQ over to London or wherever. The US should be more interested in creating alliances and stronger bonds with Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, etc.
    Allow me to jump on this train. Great post wicked. This is y I like this board. It’s easy to learn from one another when logic is at the center of someone’s post.

I get the “let the world deal with their shit and America will deal with our own shit” POV. I really do. However it’s not that simple. That’s y geopolitics is complicated. These decisions don’t come lightly no matter who’s sitting in the WH.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Which would quickly turn Europe into an Islamic territory.
    It’s well on its way.

See Londonistan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I totally agree about pulling out of the UN. If ever there was a President to do it, it's Trump

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but then he would be applying to get back into the UN one year later, just like he is doing with the TPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I get the “let the world deal with their shit and America will deal with our own shit” POV. I really do. However it’s not that simple. That’s y geopolitics is complicated. These decisions don’t come lightly no matter who’s sitting in the WH.
    True. But you can't sell me on the Assad is an evil man who does terrible things to his own people, bit. There are, and have been, plenty of evil men around the world, but we seem only to care when it occurs in the Middle East.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Allow me to jump on this train. Great post wicked. This is y I like this board. It’s easy to learn from one another when logic is at the center of someone’s post.

No, they certainly don’t.

Here’s the thing a lot of people don’t understand. China has been quietly expanding their resourcing efforts to a lot of other parts of the world including Africa and the MENA region.

That’s a big geo-political reason why Russia and USA have their fingers in that region. China would literally take over that entire continent if they could and they would because they are majorly resource starved due to pollution and overpopulation.

Personally, I would rather see the US figure shit out with Mexico, Central & South America, and Canada.

1. It would significantly help immigration problems.

2. We share the same continent(s).

3. The more prosperous Central and South America are, the better trade partners they’ll be.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It’s well on its way.

See Londonistan.
    And Germany. And Italy. And Greece. And France. And some of the Nordic countries.

They have a big problem on their hands.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yeah, but then he would be applying to get back into the UN one year later, just like he is doing with the TPP.

Applying to get back in the TPP?

I thought he said he was open to returning on more favorable terms?

I guess it makes your argument look better if you lie and say he is going back into the TPP rather than be honest. To your credit though, you probably heard this news from CNN...so, you didn’t get a legit news report on the subject. lol.

Not your fault.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 04-15-2018 at 07:01 PM.

And Germany. And Italy. And Greece. And France. And some of the Nordic countries.

They have a big problem on their hands.

Well, at least we can learn from Europe’s mistakes. I mean...there’s no way people would let that happen in the US.

Oh wait...

Personally, I would rather see the US figure shit out with Mexico, Central & South America, and Canada.

1. It would significantly help immigration problems.

2. We share the same continent(s).

3. The more prosperous Central and South America are, the better trade partners they’ll be.

Makes sense, wicked

What a lot of people (outside of this forum) don’t realize about the immigration/drug issues with MX is that the Mexican govt doesn’t want to fix it. They are happy to use the US as their own personal welfare state. It helps their economy and US business interests are happy to oblige.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 04-15-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Applying to get back in the TPP?

I thought he said he was open to returning on more favorable terms?

I guess it makes your argument look better if you lie and say he is going back into the TPP rather than be honest. To your credit though, you probably heard this news from CNN...so, you didn’t get a legit news report on the subject. lol.

Not your fault.
    I am so lucky that you are here to educate me.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am so lucky that you are here to educate me.

Come on man. As North Carolinians say...”I’m just pickin.”

Blog Entries

Come on man. As North Carolinians say...”I’m just pickin.”
    Racist