Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 ... LastLast

Re: Dez Bryant released

There is reason why Dallas cut Dez rather than ask him to take a pay cut. There also has not been a ton of interest in Dez since he hit the market. We really do not know if any teams have had interest in Dez including the Ravens. The Ravens have been linked to every free agent wr. Had the Ravens not signed Crabtree I think they would have been interested in Dez. I think fans get excited about visions of Dez in his prime where as teams look at Dez of the last three years.

Ravens bringing Dez would have more than likely ended in disaster. Ravens are not a team that wants to throw the ball around a ton. You would have Crabtree and Dez wanting more targets than they are likely to get. You end up with an unhappy diva wr.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    There is reason why Dallas cut Dez rather than ask him to take a pay cut. There also has not been a ton of interest in Dez since he hit the market. We really do not know if any teams have had interest in Dez including the Ravens. The Ravens have been linked to every free agent wr. Had the Ravens not signed Crabtree I think they would have been interested in Dez. I think fans get excited about visions of Dez in his prime where as teams look at Dez of the last three years.

Ravens bringing Dez would have more than likely ended in disaster. Ravens are not a team that wants to throw the ball around a ton. You would have Crabtree and Dez wanting more targets than they are likely to get. You end up with an unhappy diva wr.
    Yup. I'm glad we "missed out" on Dez. Although Crabtree is also past his own prime, his production hasn't fallen off the way Bryant's has. Besides, one 30+ WR past his prime is enough in any case. I'm still hoping we draft a receiver on Day 2. Crabtree+Brown+Snead+Moore+rookie+ one of White/Adeboyejo/UDFA. I think that's enough. Despite Ozzie's horrible record at drafting receivers, we still need to get young blood in there.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yup. I'm glad we "missed out" on Dez. Although Crabtree is also past his own prime, his production hasn't fallen off the way Bryant's has. Besides, one 30+ WR past his prime is enough in any case. I'm still hoping we draft a receiver on Day 2. Crabtree+Brown+Snead+Moore+rookie+ one of White/Adeboyejo/UDFA. I think that's enough. Despite Ozzie's horrible record at drafting receivers, we still need to get young blood in there.
    We definitely need to draft a wr early in the draft. Someone that the team is going to want on the field next year. We don't need another vet to take snaps from a high draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You aren't wrong. In fact what triggered the Ravens to make a decision on Snead was the expiring RFA deadline and Dez being too expensive or just not interested in coming to the Ravens. They moved on.
    I agree, we waited on Dez till the final moment. He didn't call back so we had to put in the offer for Snead, who came visit twice.

Ravens are out.

Per sheftie
    Now that Baltimore is acquiring former Saints’ WR Willie Snead, Ravens are out on Dez Bryant. They showed some initial interest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Ravens are out.

Per sheftie
    Now that Baltimore is acquiring former Saints’ WR Willie Snead, Ravens are out on Dez Bryant. They showed some initial interest.
    No surprise there... Bc

Blog Entries

And to think, he could have caught passes from Joe Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And to think, he could have caught passes from Joe Flacco.
    Yeah I've read reports that sort of was the hangup. He wants to join a team in the same division or a superbowl contender with an elite qb.

Wasn't interested catching passes from Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Yeah I've read reports that sort of was the hangup. He wants to join a team in the same division or a superbowl contender with an elite qb.

Wasn't interested catching passes from Flacco.
    A talented body rooming with a foolish mind.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A talented body rooming with a foolish mind.
    Dez is a smart man he wants a real QB LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Dez is a smart man he wants a real QB LOL
    Savage heel turn

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Savage heel turn

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Let the ravens win the first two games and Jericho will flip right back