Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

O-Line & 2018 Draft Question

Which is the bigger need......Center or Right Tackle?

Losing Jensen & Howard, with Siragusa & Yanda & Lewis coming back....I don't see either a C or a RT as an obvious starter. I'll cheer any draft picks we make, and cheer louder if it's an OL....but which position, given our roster, is the bigger need? I'm conflicted.

Re: O-Line & 2018 Draft Question

My vote is for RT. We have guys that can fill in at center but if we lock up a solid starter at RT the line is set for yrs. I think we could draft both positions this year and come away with quality guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I would go RT over C, not that I don't like several of this year's Centers. Perhaps Skura can fill the position or another player already on our roster. However, after releasing Austin Howard, we don't have anyone to perform @ RT. Can we trust Hurst, who has shown as a much better OG, or Nembot (I'm not sure if he's even played a snap yet?) or do we move the veteran Yanda over? ... Bc

LT - Stanley
    LG - Hurst, Lewis, Siragusa
    C - Skura, Kublanow
    RG - Yanda, Eleumenor
    RT - ???, Donnal, Hurst, Nembot

I might lean C & keep Boyle/Maxx/6th OL in to chip at RT if whoever we have out there is struggling. I hate pressure up the middle & just saying the name Gino Gradkowski makes me wanna draft a Center in the first 2-3 rounds. But....if we get a bookend RT that can be a decade long starter, sign me up. I think I'm 51/49 in favor of C over RT, but want to hear other opinions & reasoning.

Blog Entries

RT is where I'd look but I don't think they paid that kind of money to Hurst to use him as the swing Tackle. I know there are a lot of mock drafts that have the Ravens taking a T in the 1st or 2nd rounds but I don't see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    RT is where I'd look but I don't think they paid that kind of money to Hurst to use him as the swing Tackle. I know there are a lot of mock drafts that have the Ravens taking a T in the 1st or 2nd rounds but I don't see it.
    I wouldn’t be shocked to see them try Lewis at center with Hurst at LG with rookie at RT. Or maybe they liked what they saw out of Hurst in camp at RT. Normally I wouldn’t have any faith in the coaches but Roman and oline coach (I’m drawing a blank right now) have earned my trust. I’m sure Ozzie and company talked the Hurst signing over with the two of them (Or atleast that’s how I hope it worked)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I wouldn’t be shocked to see them try Lewis at center with Hurst at LG with rookie at RT. Or maybe they liked what they saw out of Hurst in camp at RT. Normally I wouldn’t have any faith in the coaches but Roman and oline coach (I’m drawing a blank right now) have earned my trust. I’m sure Ozzie and company talked the Hurst signing over with the two of them (Or atleast that’s how I hope it worked)

I don't see Lewis having the lower body to play Center. He's 6'6. How many Centers that tall are there in the NFL? It's very tough to hold the point of attack when you aren't built low to the ground. I'd believe the Yanda rumors before that one.

I think we see Stanley - Hurst - Skura - Yanda - Lewis , but I take GOTA's point. We will likely draft a RT. They probably feel godo about SKura
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Has to be RT because that is where Harbaugh will pencil in Hurst as a starter.

I think Hurst was signed to play Guard in the post-Yanda world.

RT and C are both needs...I would go 60/40 RT. I think we can get both in this draft.

I'd be happy to get McGlinchey in the 1st round (he could play LT at an acceptable level if Stanley got hurt), and Mason Cole is a player I really like at Center in the middle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Which is the bigger need......Center or Right Tackle?

Losing Jensen & Howard, with Siragusa & Yanda & Lewis coming back....I don't see either a C or a RT as an obvious starter. I'll cheer any draft picks we make, and cheer louder if it's an OL....but which position, given our roster, is the bigger need? I'm conflicted.
    I'm a believer in Skura's ability to effectively man the center position. I don't believe in anyone on the roster as far as the RT position goes. So, I consider RT the much bigger need at this time.

I'd go RT over C for a couple of reasons. One, I still doubt Hurst's ability to play effectively on the outside. Two, while we're thin at both positions I believe depth at Tackle is more pressing than at C.

That said, if one of the top centers falls in the draft I'd be happy to see the Ravens pick one Day 2 or 3.