Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Jobs need to be brought back to America

Here you go. Yet more proof of how screwed up this country is vs continuing to fill jobs in other countries.

I had to call UPS freight this morning to get a copy of a bill of lading sent to me. Called UPS Freight customer service. The guy who picked up named was Carl ( Although I seem to think from the thick Asian accent he may have been lying about that).

So it will take at minimum 24 hrs for Carl to contact the terminal in Georgia to get me my signed bill of lading. So I asked Mr. Carl where he was located for my records and good old Carl was located in the Central Asia yet again. So the "UNITED PARCEL SERVICE" is funneling jobs to Asia same as EBAY and many other companies vs keep those call center jobs here in the good old USA.

Just ridiculous. Do you think Carl in Central Asia is mailing money back here to take care of his poor impoverished family living in Baltimore? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Here you go. Yet more proof of how screwed up this country is vs continuing to fill jobs in other countries.

I had to call UPS freight this morning to get a copy of a bill of lading sent to me. Called UPS Freight customer service. The guy who picked up named was Carl ( Although I seem to think from the thick Asian accent he may have been lying about that).

So it will take at minimum 24 hrs for Carl to contact the terminal in Georgia to get me my signed bill of lading. So I asked Mr. Carl where he was located for my records and good old Carl was located in the Central Asia yet again. So the "UNITED PARCEL SERVICE" is funneling jobs to Asia same as EBAY and many other companies vs keep those call center jobs here in the good old USA.

Just ridiculous. Do you think Carl in Central Asia is mailing money back here to take care of his poor impoverished family living in Baltimore? I think not.
    Saw as much as “out sourcing” pisses me off ...UPS is an International Company. And even Internationally their hourly employees that aren’t “management “ are Teamsters. So in a way their earnings are coming back here by way of Union Dues to the International headquarters. It’s nickels and dimes ..but it’s something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Saw as much as “out sourcing” pisses me off ...UPS is an International Company. And even Internationally their hourly employees that aren’t “management “ are Teamsters. So in a way their earnings are coming back here by way of Union Dues to the International headquarters. It’s nickels and dimes ..but it’s something.

I understand they are an international shipping company but that still changes nothing with my complaints. Those call center jobs could be located here in this country.

I seriously doubt the place I called is an actual union UPS job like you state. These international call centers are just a go between. They are just relaying the information most likely from my experience. So no, that money is not coming back here.

How many of these types of skilled labor jobs now belong to robots? Unfortunately, I see that trend growing, not decreasing, over the years. Maybe we can outsource some of our workers to China

I understand they are an international shipping company but that still changes nothing with my complaints. Those call center jobs could be located here in this country.

I seriously doubt the place I called is an actual union UPS job like you state. These international call centers are just a go between. They are just relaying the information most likely from my experience. So no, that money is not coming back here.
    I’ll grant you the call center jobs may not be ...but the driver , loader /unloader Jobs in those countries are. So some of the $$ generated their gets back here.
    It’s not a lot of money but I’m less concerned about UPS than I would be about 95% of the products we use everyday in our lives being made over seas. Those are the jobs we need back.

Just curious, what time did you call? I would agree with your assessment with the location of his impoverished family though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    How many of these types of skilled labor jobs now belong to robots? Unfortunately, I see that trend growing, not decreasing, over the years. Maybe we can outsource some of our workers to China
    Universal basic income will have to be a thing sooner than later my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Universal basic income will have to be a thing sooner than later my man.

People are breeding too fast for everyone to have jobs. Its going to get worse not better

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Just curious, what time did you call? I would agree with your assessment with the location of his impoverished family though.

Like 10:00am

But that still doesn't change the fact that the foreigners who are being paid are still a problem.

I don't blame them for having the job. I blame them for being un intelligent morons who speak the English language but apparently they don't understand it.
    Ireland is EMEA headquarters for EBay & PayPal. Try to call there next time

We have enough English to understand Yanks.

Wow the bitterness is dripping off your post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Ireland is EMEA headquarters for EBay & PayPal. Try to call there next time

We have enough English to understand Yanks.

Wow the bitterness is dripping off your post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    How dare those foreigners take the historic call center industry away from hard working Americans!! That's just what we need in this country is more shit jobs