Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Trump sending troops to the Southern border

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    True, but I think the National Guard is considered part of the military, but exempt from that law. It would be a go around from the law, rather than just hiring more border patrol agents.
    Does the Secretary of Defense control the National Guard? I thought each state's Governor controlled their respective National Guard.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Does the Secretary of Defense control the National Guard? I thought each state's Governor controlled their respective National Guard.
    Thats more detail than I know for certain, but im pretty sure the governors ask for it and the president dispatches them still. Hes still ultimately in charge of them, as theyre considered part of the military (reserve).

EDIT:

seems youre right. the Governor does control them in "times of peace" but the president can still order them elsewhere as needed. I thought I remembered Christie asking to use the national guard during the hurricane, but maybe thats just a formality.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think there are two. The US National Guard and the Maryland or Texas guard.. I think....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think there are two. The US National Guard and the Maryland or Texas guard.. I think....
    I support the US Army at my job.

The National Guard IS one of the units within the US Army. Each state has it's own NG unit stationed within the state. Regardless, when you see National Guard...think US Army...which is ultimately under the POTUS' command.

Blog Entries

On the state level, I remember in MD, during the riots in Baltimore, governor Hogan had to wait for the idiot major, Stephanie Rawlings Blake to officially request he send in the National Guard to restore order. It took her forever to do that since she was giving them space to destroy.

Blog Entries

I found this online:

Under the U.S. Constitution, each state’s National Guard unit is controlled by the governor in time of peace but can be called up for federal duty by the president.

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids U.S. troops from being deployed on American soil for law enforcement. The one exception is provided by the Insurrection Act of 1807, which lets the president use the military only for the purpose of putting down rebellions or enforcing constitutional rights if state authorities fail to do so.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2007...ational-guard/
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    On the state level, I remember in MD, during the riots in Baltimore, governor Hogan had to wait for the idiot major, Stephanie Rawlings Blake to officially request he send in the National Guard to restore order. It took her forever to do that since she was giving them space to destroy.
    I remember Hogan saying that, but I am pretty sure He has the power to do it without her consent. I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure he could have made the decision as opposed to waiting.

I remember the Wicomico Chief of Police calling 105.7 the fan the next day and said his officers would never be sent up here again. He said he heard the Mayor tell the officers to stand down and let them destroy. I watched the video of the idiot say that, and then she denied it.

The local media should have crucified her but they didn't. Shows you how far the corruption reaches in this state.

She was awful, 2nd worst next to Omalley.

great presidente ever!!!!
    #draintheswamp

POTUS can call any states NG into service by declaring a State of Emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    POTUS can call any states NG into service by declaring a State of Emergency.

After debating with you on the illegal immigration topic for many months...I figured you would like this measure being taken by Trump :)

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    After debating with you on the illegal immigration topic for many months...I figured you would like this measure being taken by Trump :)
    Hell yes! Tanks , troops, and Reaper Drones! Secured Border! Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hell yes! Tanks , troops, and Reaper Drones! Secured Border! Problem solved.

It looks like that's what he is doing.

Common frickin sense.