Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Go With Smith!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Hey at least we'll all be able to laugh a little bit Sunday. How in the world can Billick even think about staying with Boller? Five years of the same crap is enough.
    Cause he can throw a ball through the uprights from the 50,while down on his knee's.I wonder if Billick and Al Davis have the same DNA.:grbac:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Hey at least we'll all be able to laugh a little bit Sunday. How in the world can Billick even think about staying with Boller? Five years of the same crap is enough.
    Maybe you'll be able to laugh Sunday but I can tell you right now I won't be laughing if we lose to Miami! I keep thinking Billick will get enough rope to hang himself but I'm becoming convinced there isn't that much rope in the world.

I've stopped really caring about the time I left the stadium, but understand that we aren't done with the pain of the season yet.

But I just want to make sure I understand. Everyone here is ok with the Ravens possibly being the 1 in Miami's 1-13 as long as we get to see Troy Smith?

I'm pretty sure even the Dolphins can figure out our awesome "run, run, short pass" prolific attack that Billick puts out there every week.

Clearly once again, I am not against playing Troy Smith at this point. I really haven't figured out if I care anymore this year about anything Ravens. And not that I have anything against Smith, but I have zero faith in Brian Billick, so my expectations are about the same.

There isn't alot of fun,or hope to be a Raven fan at the moment.
    But as a fan,I am finding a little bit of excitement any place I can.
    And that right now is getting behind the movement of getting to see
    #10 play.

If the way we lost to the Colts did not freak you out about the possibility of losing to the Dolphins.Then what difference would a rookie make to the team failing.But if there is a spark with this kid.Then how will we know with him riding the pine?

What a great entry point for a youngster against the worst team in the league.

But I just want to make sure I understand. Everyone here is ok with the Ravens possibly being the 1 in Miami's 1-13 as long as we get to see Troy Smith?
    We can all joke about it, but I don't think anyone would be ok if the Ravens were the 1 win for the Dolphins. Personally if I had to pick I would rather see what Smith has even if it's in a loss. That would be a lot easier to see instead of Kyle being our QB and losing to the Dolphins. Boller has been horrible on the road his past 10 games.

I gess Boller is responsible for our defense being unable to stop anyone? He had a lousy game, but he wasn't one of the guys responsible for covering receivers, or pressuring Peyton. He isn't the guy who included on the roster backup corners who defend like statues.

Without quality corners, we had zero chance to win that game, or stay close, regardless of who was behind center. Peyton could have thrown to wide open receivers all night long.
    Al

The best example of the madness of Boller was on the 2 pointer.Musa wide open in the flat.And would have been able to eat a crabcake and walk into the endzone untouched.

And Boller just stares ahead and throws an INT. Boller is a screwed Tedford product knowing only how to read half the field.

Why can't we start Smith the final three games. First the season is shot and I really don't think Boller is the answer. He looked like the old Boller last nught. I want to see what Smith has. If he doesn't start we will no idea when he plays against 3rd string players like last night.

It's a win/win position

From ORIal- "I gess Boller is responsible for our defense being unable to stop anyone? He had a lousy game, but he wasn't one of the guys responsible for covering receivers, or pressuring Peyton. He isn't the guy who included on the roster backup corners who defend like statues.

Without quality corners, we had zero chance to win that game, or stay close, regardless of who was behind center. Peyton could have thrown to wide open receivers all night long."

Al - Boller throwing three picks doesn't necessarily help the defense either.

We expect our sixth round db's going up against a premier qb like Manning to be a hinderance to our winning. What most wouldn't expect is our 1st round draft choice qb to be just as much a hinderance.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens138 View Post

It's a win/win position
    Unless we lose.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    And Boller just stares ahead and throws an INT. Boller is a screwed Tedford product knowing only how to read half the field.
    Exactly! He only surveys half the field. I'm hard-pressed to ever see him scan the entire field looking for the OPEN receiver. That, along with his 'happy feet', make me believe he will never change as a QB! Troy Smith just appears more comfortable in the pocket, and seems to easily avoid the pressure and make plays. Let's see more of him in order to fairly gauge his potential going into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    I gess Boller is responsible for our defense being unable to stop anyone? He had a lousy game, but he wasn't one of the guys responsible for covering receivers, or pressuring Peyton. He isn't the guy who included on the roster backup corners who defend like statues.

Without quality corners, we had zero chance to win that game, or stay close, regardless of who was behind center. Peyton could have thrown to wide open receivers all night long.
    That is kind of a ridiculous insinuation. Of course our D was less than stellar. I for one was disappointed with their calibur of play as well. But with their 1 and 2 corners out of the game, the deep threat was almost a constant. Boller hurt us by giving them the ball back on several occasions. But you are right. The defense was lacking as well.

The D did a damn decent job of stuffing the running game. I will give them that.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!