Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Go With Smith!!!!!

It's either the 12 Jameson's or I think I've seen the future QB for the Ravens in the near future.

In 4 plays, Smith has shown he has more desire then McBoller combined. And thats enough for me the rest of the way this year.

Re: Go With Smith!!!!!

Yes Smith looked good, but it was against 3rd stringers. I'm all for letting the guy start the rest of the season, but not even close to calling him our QB of the future. He still has a long way to go.

Honestly, you might as well. We play Miami next week, there will not be a better opponent to cut his teeth on.

Boller just doesn't have it. Let Smith start and see what he can do.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Oh, and Billick will never do it.

I'm all for it at this point. We need to see what this guy has.

Here's the problem, Billick hasn't been able to design an offense to work with any QB in the last 9 years. He is just going to send Troy Smith out there with the same old plays.

But what about all the things working against Boller?

I mean, it was a bit chilly.

And it was a little rainy.

And of course the OL let him down along with the receivers.

His horrendous play wasn't really his fault.

It's someone else's.

It's over.

Troy Smith is FAR from ready and last week I said it would be a bad idea to start him.

After the atrocious crap I witnessed tonight?

Start him.

And to anyone who wants to try to explain the horrendous play Boller showed tonight.....save it.

PP

Sting,

I agree, but I think we need a change of perspective here.

Im starting to think we have been looking at our team wrong all this time. We (including me) have been looking at this team in a vacuum. For whatever reason, BB has been getting pass after pass for his shortcomings.

Is our D good because of Billick? Or have they been good all this time in spite of Billick? Is our offense bad because of chemistry? Or has Billick been the reason we have been this bad?

If I was in a job and I was only effective 50% of the time, I'd be fired in a heart beat. So, with Billick only being effective with half of his job (the Defense) is there any reason to keep him at this point?

Im drunk so I may not be making any sense, but how far off am I???

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    And of course the OL let him down along with the receivers.
    Well, I would say they did, as they did for Troy.

Troy WAS running for his life and when he didn't run it in himself, Figurs couldn't catch it in the end zone.

But none of those things are fixable in the remaining season, but rather for the off season so ...

Go Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    Well, I would say they did, as they did for Troy.

Troy WAS running for his life and when he didn't run it in himself, Figurs couldn't catch it in the end zone.

But none of those things are fixable in the remaining season, but rather for the off season so ...

Go Troy!
    The OL didn't force him to make horrendous decisions.

Look, I get that the OL lacks consistency etc....

But what we saw tonight should convince everyone that this team is in DIRE need of a young, talented QB that can be groomed.

Period.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sting,

I agree, but I think we need a change of perspective here.

Im starting to think we have been looking at our team wrong all this time. We (including me) have been looking at this team in a vacuum. For whatever reason, BB has been getting pass after pass for his shortcomings.

Is our D good because of Billick? Or have they been good all this time in spite of Billick? Is our offense bad because of chemistry? Or has Billick been the reason we have been this bad?

If I was in a job and I was only effective 50% of the time, I'd be fired in a heart beat. So, with Billick only being effective with half of his job (the Defense) is there any reason to keep him at this point?

Im drunk so I may not be making any sense, but how far off am I???

I don't think Billick has gotten any passes for his shortcomings from the fans. The pass has come from above.

Our defense is good because of Rex Ryan. Not because of Brian Billick. But now you see how bad our secondary is when you have to rely on backups who can't play in the NFL. Pittman, Martin, and Ivy are simply not going to cut it. They can NOT play. You saw it tonight.

Our offense is bad for a number of reasons. Bad QB play, bad OL play, no #1 wide receiver on the roster, injuries all over the place, total lack of imagination in playcalling. The offense is a shit sangwich that has a ton of ingredients.

What in the hell do you do? Where do you even start? What the fuck?

It starts with Billick. Bottom line. Billick has ZERO playcalling imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    The OL didn't force him to make horrendous decisions.

Look, I get that the OL lacks consistency etc....

But what we saw tonight should convince everyone that this team is in DIRE need of a young, talented QB that can be groomed.

Period.

PP
    So Agreed ....

And with that we will also need PATIENCE! He will be raw and will make mistakes so I will hate it when I hear people calling for his head the second he fucks up.