Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Map Shows The True Cost of Illegal Immigration, By State

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not saying walls don’t work. But the Middle East is different than Mexico. The people those walls are keeping out are actually viewed as the Enemy. That’s not the case here. Hell the Berlin Wall worked great for 50 yrs or so ...but again good bs evil. Rav I think you represent a very small part of the average citizen. Most Americans don’t even care about immigration and def don’t see them as a threat. Why else haven’t we stopped or slowed it down in the past? There’s no public out cry for it.
    If we based important issues on whether or not most Americans cared about it, we would be the MSM. The press pushes issues and that's how those issues become bigger issues.

They won't highlight illegal immigration...which means they don't want us to know about it. That's how I see it. When you look at the cost to US taxpayers, I can see why. Trump is a racist because he wants to stop this influx of illegal migrants. He wants to provide a common sense solution and he is being smeared every step of the way. It doesn't matter if you don't think they are a threat. They are...and the numbers show it.

Four million Americans turn 18 each year and begin looking for jobs in the free market.

But the federal government inflates the supply of new labor by annually accepting roughly 1.1 million new legal immigrants, by providing work-permits to roughly 3 million resident foreigners, and by doing little to block the employment of roughly 8 million illegal immigrants.

Explain to me how that helps this country? Meanwhile, we are funding their education, welfare, etc.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 03-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    If we based important issues on whether or not most Americans cared about it, we would be the MSM. The press pushes issues and that's how those issues become bigger issues.

They won't push illegal immigration...which means they don't want us to know about it. That's how I see it.

Four million Americans turn 18 each year and begin looking for jobs in the free market.

But the federal government inflates the supply of new labor by annually accepting roughly 1.1 million new legal immigrants, by providing work-permits to roughly 3 million resident foreigners, and by doing little to block the employment of roughly 8 million illegal immigrants.

Explain to me how that helps this country? Meanwhile, we are funding their education, welfare, etc.
    Oh. Don’t get me wrong. I’m dead set again immigration. Illegal or other wise. We need to close our damn borders for awhile and fix the problems here at home. Me personally I’d take a waay more aggressive stand on the border. And illegals. I’d commission full on Search and Seize deportations. No DACA. No Dreamers. Papers or out. Take a page from Israel ...station the military at the border of Mexico. Post a big sign “ sorry we’re closed”. I just don’t believe in the Wall. I think it’s rhetoric. During the election it fired up the rednecks and people who feel immigrates are to blame for them not having a better or a job at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. Don’t get me wrong. I’m dead set again immigration. Illegal or other wise. We need to close our damn borders for awhile and fix the problems here at home. Me personally I’d take a waay more aggressive stand on the border. And illegals. I’d commission full on Search and Seize deportations. No DACA. No Dreamers. Papers or out. Take a page from Israel ...station the military at the border of Mexico. Post a big sign “ sorry we’re closed”.
    100% agree

I just don’t believe in the Wall. I think it’s rhetoric. During the election it fired up the rednecks and people who feel immigrates are to blame for them not having a better or a job at all.
    Eh. Your perception on this might be off. I'm sure that it fired up the "redneck audience" but...so do 2A discussions. That doesn't mean it's wrong. I live in an area with nothing but white collar people who are anything but "red" and they all support the wall for the same reasons I do. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    100% agree

Eh. Your perception on this might be off. I'm sure that it fired up the "redneck audience" but...so do 2A discussions. That doesn't mean it's wrong. I live in an area with nothing but white collar people who are anything but "red" and they all support the wall for the same reasons I do. It makes sense.
    Maybe. I’d say I may be the minority on this but ...that doesn’t change my outlook. I think it will be the yin to the DACA yang as for as getting a budget finally past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk