Thread: NEW catch rule

NEW catch rule

Blog Entries

Re: NEW catch rule

Now this is a "catch" :

and the ref says, "It's no foul."

... Bc

More NFL stupidity. Instead, how about: just catch the ball & tap two feet?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

IMO it should just be #1 and #2. I dont see how a "football move" is necessary in completing a catch. If you have the ball in your hand(s) with control and two feet down or another body part you caught it. Simple as that.

Blog Entries

Some videos they used are in this link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...fy-catch-rule/

Sounds like the Dez catch and the Pittsburg Jesse James' catch from last year would have counted under the new definition.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    IMO it should just be #1 and #2. I dont see how a "football move" is necessary in completing a catch. If you have the ball in your hand(s) with control and two feet down or another body part you caught it. Simple as that.
    I think that's probably covered with 3.3 - or the ability to perform such an act.

Blog Entries

lol how did something so simple became so complicated, why Murica gotta be over-complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think that's probably covered with 3.3 - or the ability to perform such an act.
    ya but the leaves decisions up to the opinion of the refs. Some people will think he had the ability to perform a football move and some wont which will lead to the same problems we currently have. If you make it control and 2 feet down/ body part there would be far less discretion involved.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    ya but the leaves decisions up to the opinion of the refs. Some people will think he had the ability to perform a football move and some wont which will lead to the same problems we currently have. If you make it control and 2 feet down/ body part there would be far less discretion involved.
    It won't lead to the same problems, because the majority of the problems result from the current rule of maintaining control to the ground. Eliminating that requirement immediately improves the situation because guys are generally making a football move before they go to the ground.

Personally, since the Ravens don't have any kind of offense, I was hoping they'd make it harder for it to be ruled a catch. That would make it tougher on our rivals.

With the way the NFL Rules Committee loves offense, I'm surprised that just touching the ball isn't ruled a catch by now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Personally, since the Ravens don't have any kind of offense, I was hoping they'd make it harder for it to be ruled a catch. That would make it tougher on our rivals.

With the way the NFL Rules Committee loves offense, I'm surprised that just touching the ball isn't ruled a catch by now.

We would not have to delete 11 then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    We would not have to delete 11 then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point.