Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Spencer Haywood: NCAA ripe of Racism

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You know “paid college “ players is an interesting subject. But for anyone to say the NCAA is “racist “ and stealing money from these kids is simply fishing for headlines and publicity. Any student athlete at a D1 or D2 school that’s there on a full ( not likely unless for BBall) or partial ( most ) is being “paid”. These kids get to attend a University and get a “free” education. Plus food and room and board. The B-ball players only have to go 1yr and they can go pro. Football is longer but still. These “poor kids” are WELL taken care of. This I know first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While they get that, the ncaa goes to great lengths to cap their earnings so to speak to a Max of 30-40k for most schools. That pales in comparison to what the school takes in between direct revenue and increased enrollment (for big programs).

On the flip side, it also gives opportunities to students who play less lucrative sports since to be d1 they have to carry unprofitable sports.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    While they get that, the ncaa goes to great lengths to cap their earnings so to speak to a Max of 30-40k for most schools. That pales in comparison to what the school takes in between direct revenue and increased enrollment (for big programs).

On the flip side, it also gives opportunities to students who play less lucrative sports since to be d1 they have to carry unprofitable sports.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yes and yes. Women’s sports really are a loss for colleges. So the revenue from men’s B-ball and Football carry all the others. With your break down of the student getting 30-50k a year while the University takes in Millions is basically the same formula for Corporate America! How ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I first read this as "NAACP is Rife With Racism" but I knew MV couldn't put that together. I thought he'd seen the light.
    That Sir...is funny!