FILMSTUDY: What The Ravens Get With Michael Crabtree

Michael Crabtree signed with the Ravens last week to what appears to be the best bargain of the 2017 WR free agents. But is it really?

Filmstudy, aka Ken McKusick, dives in.

LINK: Reviewing Crabtree's 2017 Season

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: FILMSTUDY: What The Ravens Get With Michael Crabtree

Crabtree should have been a Raven Years ago. He will bring the physicallity we need on this team. I agree he will fall off the cliff while a raven, but realistically we're all in the next 2 years before a rebuild
    Burn it down

Good article. Crabtree is getting a lot of comparison to Boldin, but I think Ken astutely pointed out that his effectiveness on back-shoulder sideline throws really calls Derrick Mason to mind. And that skillset is something the team has really obviously missed over the last few years.

Crabtree fits this team well. He is that gritty move the chains type WR this team lacks. If he is anything in between a Mason-Boldin type its immediate improvement because this team doesn't have anything close to that before him.

We have a bunch of no names and unproven, or 1st round failures on roster.

I think the prediction of catches, yards, and TDs is probably pretty close to what he'll do in Year 1, maybe a tad bit on the high side. If he was a #2, that'd be okay. Except on our team, he's the #1 by default. I don't have high expectations for Brown other than the amount of games he misses, so I still expect our passing game to be hot garbage most of the time. Hope I'm wrong.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Hands bitches!!!!

Blog Entries

I think he puts up a 1,000 yards tbh. Wallace and SSSr both did the first year here. I don’t see why kingcrab wouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think he puts up a 1,000 yards tbh. Wallace and SSSr both did the first year here. I don’t see why kingcrab wouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I think too. I also agree with Filmstudy that they will re-evaluate after the season. This is a good deal. If the Ravens need to they can get out of it easily after the season

As I look at the stats posted in the story I noticed two things...a lot of combacks, which Ken notes, and also a lot of sideline catches. That tendency reminds me a lot of what I remember about Derrick Mason. Mason came here in his ninth season and Crabtree his tenth. While I was hoping the team would find draft and develop a receiver, I won't mind the same old, same old, if it means duplicating the connection Flacco had with Mason.

Noob here ....

Solid pick up and from what I read its really only a one year deal. Not too shabby if he can be Mason 2.0.