Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Billick Stays?

Re: Billick Stays?

Billick goes plain and simple, and he can take his high school offensive scheme with him.

If Billick stays we'll have another season of his press conferences filled with excuses and piss poor offense. It's obvious to anyone that this team needs a change in leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Wow. I really don't want to take the role of a Billick apologist but I don't think he goes, nor do I think he should go.

This team has been derailed by injuries and poor QB play. I am repeating this a lot lately but it does bare repeating.

Billick wasn't the problem last year when we went 13-3 and the offense was playing really well after he took over.

Look. Billick is in year 1 of a 4 year deal. He has until next season to right this ship in a positive direction before facing the guillitine again.

It is hard to win when Kyle Boller is your QB (especially on the road or in the rain) or when David Pittman and Ronnie Prude are your shut-down corners, or when Dwan Edwards is your force on the d-line. THis is a team with a ton of up front talent but unfortunately not a whole lot of depth. Ozzie will fix this, but right now that is where we are.
    GreenWave, I hear what you're saying but I think there is more to consider than just the injuries and QB play. A complete lack of team discipline is a primary concern. A dismal playoff record since 2000. Questionable playcalling. An offensive scheme that appears to be light years behind the league.

I also think last year's 13-3 was a bit of a mirage. They had a fairly easy schedule and there were at least 2 wins that were essentially gifts from the opposing coach.

Billick lost me when he botched the end of the Cleveland game by throwing the ball(again!). I think he lost whatever player support he had after that as well. And while I'm never a proponent of letting the inmates run the asylum, sometimes the inmates have a point.

It's much MORE than just wins and losses...it's how they look when they lose. The only game this year they looked "good" and lost was vs the Pats. Other than that they have looked lost all year. Good coaches, w/ good schemes find a way around injuries....Billick is not a good coach in any aspect.

FM

Yes Billick has to go he should have been fired a long time ago. The problem is I'm starting to think Steve Bisciotti doesn't have the balls to fire him. It appears this owner just wants to raise our ticket prices. Oh beofre the raise mine was $ 60 per game now $ 80 per game a 33% increase for this shit. Hey does that remind you of another owner in Baltimore. Hint he owns the Orioles.

Billick has has several years to develop a QB but he has no clue.

Fire Billick and maybe even Ozzie also hey he also wanted Boller.

How this team can take the field for the Colts and put on a display for the fans who have spent thier hard earned money. Hey I saw teams play harder at M&T Bank Stadium this weekend in high school .

The Ravens should give all fans back thier money for the way they have played at home this year.

The new "Billick Stays" commercial:

After a devistating and embarrassing lost in Prime Time, Coach Billick holds his post game presser.

Reporter 1: Coach Billick, If you had to rate your teams performance in tonights game, what grade would you give?

BB: Well, I can't say. That is up to you guys. You would know better than I do.

Reporter2: Coach, do you think you are capable of running this team successfully? Do you feel you are qualified at this point to be a head coach in the NFL?

BB: No. No I do not, But I did stay at the Holiday In Express last night.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I think the whole organization from the scouts down to the GM and the coaching staff should take some accountability for this lousy year. Everyone is going to have injuries to some extent, and that is why it is important to have depth on your team--next man up. Our organization has made good moves and a lot of bad choices in the drafts. Travis Taylor, David Pittman, Dwayne Edwards, etc., etc. The key is to have backups who are NFL calibar and can step in and perform at a moments notice.

I don't like the culture of the Ravens and short of turnover at the top, I don't know what else is the answer. I would like to think we have a good owner, but only time will tell for sure. We really don't know him, as he only comes out of the woodwork once a year. I think our organization lost a gem when Phil Savage went to Cleveland, and it only took 3 years for him to turn a losing culture into a winning one.

8. Re: Billick Stays?

I've stuck with Billick all along. I wanted to show some patience and wait until the end of the season.
    Well the season is over and the players have showed you that it is so.

It's time for some changes. Not just in the coaching staff but in the roster as well.
    Last night was another embarrassment in a season FULL of them.

That being said, I don't think Billick goes yet. The contract is in place and Bischotti won't just eat that money.I have some good word that Billick will be made to hire a new OC and let him call the plays and use whatever scheme they wish. If they don't improve he's done after 2008.

I have heard the same thing MW...and it pains me to believe it. Billick can't handle giving the offense to somebody else...esp if they turn it around.

His ego is out of control and if Biscotti gives him another year it will be a mistake.

FM

Wink Re: Billick Stays?

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    People want Ozzie gone too? That's stupid.
    Stupid?

Oz signed McNair to the $33 miilion travesty. Oz surrendered two 3rd round draft picks for McGahee (4.2 rushing average) while letting Jamal Lewis (4.2 rushing average) walk . Oz didn't tag Adalius Thomas.

How much has this team developed since Phil Savage left?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Stupid?

Oz signed McNair to the $33 miilion travesty. Oz surrendered two 3rd round draft picks for McGahee (4.2 rushing average) while letting Jamal Lewis (4.2 rushing average) walk . Oz didn't tag Adalius Thomas.

Good point, Ozzie also drafted Boller (joke of QB)...

Yeah, I like how you brought McGahee into this, while you completely ignore:

A.) Jamal wasn't effective in our system, running or catching the ball
    B.) Clevelands's OLINE is much better than our OLINE
    C.) The only threat we have is McGahee, and teams focus on stopping him.

Ozzie stays. He has brought in enough talent for this team to at least be competitive. No normal HC would allow this team to lose like it has.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Stupid?

McGahee was a huge upgrade over Jamal. Sorry but Jamal best years are behind him. His rushing average is 4.2 because his O line is ten times better than McGahees. McGahee is ranked 5th in rushing against Jamal who is ranked 11th. McGahee also has more yards per game and TD's than Jamal. Imagine what McGahee would be doing if the O line actually blocked for him.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller