Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

How did Jordy's visit with Oakland go? Is he still there?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2. Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    They know more than all of us sideline GM's. We always seem to tell the team what they should and shouldn't do. Here's the thing they are in the war room and we aren't they have guys that they pay to do what we are questioning. I may not like some of what they do but they do know inside info we don't. That's like us regular folks trying to tell a General how we can win a war. However I do believe something is brewing but I think it actually might be for Crabtree
    Not disagreeing, but that’s part of the fun of message boards, isn’t it? Regular folks get to pontificate about what we’d do or what should or shouldn’t be done.

Regardless, I’d be over the moon with Crabtree, but have to also admit, I am still holding out hope for Jensen to return.

Blog Entries

from what i read, we need to clear a few million just to be able to sign our draft class. were at about 3m under and need to be 6m. Havent seen Kens latest numbers.

I highly doubt Mosleys contract makes his cap hit go up this year.
    -JAB

4. Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    To put that 14M albatross in perspective, our 2 down run stuffer is going to have a cap hit in the same ballpark as DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones.

Ravens football.
    After reading that, I decided to start drinking.

Thanks for the hangover ahead of time.

Sincerely,
    Future AmishlandRavenFan

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Looks like they just restructured again. This guy is going to have $14.5 million cap number next year and it gets worse after that
    lol what!? What are we doing... who plays a blocking sled 14.5 million to play 2 days in the first half of games
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How did Jordy's visit with Oakland go? Is he still there?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-jordy-nelson

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are working towards signing ex-Packers receiver Jordy Nelson.

Nelson had a positive visit with the Raiders on Wednesday night, and sides are attempting to hammer out a deal.

Oakland became the top landing spot for Nelson after his release because of new wide receivers coach Edgar Bennett's presence on the Raiders' staff. Bennett was Nelson's offensive coordinator for the past three seasons and before that his receivers coach for four years. Familiarity breeds connection in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-jordy-nelson

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are working towards signing ex-Packers receiver Jordy Nelson.

Nelson had a positive visit with the Raiders on Wednesday night, and sides are attempting to hammer out a deal.
    Oh for fuck's sake.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Crabtree coming to Baltimore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    lol what!? What are we doing... who plays a blocking sled 14.5 million to play 2 days in the first half of games
    Who? Apparently Ozzie does

10. Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Yes, and no. The deals were all structured to allow nearly pain-free releases of all 3 guys in year 2 of their deals.

They were cut players and/or damaged goods.

In other words, Cheap, speculative picks w/ low probability of going boom.
    Very well said. Those are the kinda deals that we really shouldn’t freak-out about, like Brent Urban’s this year. They are almost no risk propositions with some chance of getting more than you bargained for.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43
    They know more than all of us sideline GM's. We always seem to tell the team what they should and shouldn't do. Here's the thing they are in the war room and we aren't they have guys that they pay to do what we are questioning. I may not like some of what they do but they do know inside info we don't. That's like us regular folks trying to tell a General how we can win a war. However I do believe something is brewing but I think it actually might be for Crabtree
    That's all well and good when they're winning 10+ games per year and going to the playoffs. I've said pretty much the same thing in the past. But when they're struggling to get to .500 and trending downward, and making desperation moves in FA, well......
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Other players in addition to Hopkins and Jones who have around a 14-15M cap hit in 2019:

JJ Watt
    TY Hilton
    Alshon Jeffery
    Josh Norman
    Calais Campbell (14.5 sacks)
    Trent Williams
    Bobby Wagner
    Cam Jordan (13 sacks)

Our guy is not like the others.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52