Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Smh. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Maybe when they go 4-12 this year Bisciotti will have seen enough.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Actually, it’s worse than that. This would be the second restructure since he signed in March 2017. So basically, Oz has signed the guy to 3 bad contracts in 12 months...let that sink in.

Shas and I were having a conversation in another thread wherein he was asking for solutions versus complaints. One of my suggestions was to stop restructuring bad contracts. Shas doesn’t see B-Will’s contract as “bad” yet, and he and I respectfully disagree on that point. Regardless, I’d ask anyone, ANYONE, to point to another NFL franchise that has restructured the same player’s contract twice, within 12 months of the initial contract being signed. I called restructuring bad contracts “doubling down on stupid,” so I guess the Ravens are tripling down.
    I dunno, restructures seem pretty common....I'm looking at google news here.

Restructures:

Pittsburgh: Antonio Brown & Alejandro Villanueva
    Philly: Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson and Michael Bennett
    Dallas: Travis Frederick
    Miami: Tannehill & Reshad Jones

I could probably go on if I cared to. Bottom line, it seems common to restructure these days. Not sure why

Blog Entries

Really can't believe what they are doing with this guy. Not that great to begin with and now we are pushing cap down the road when he's going to be falling apart given the position he plays and the abuse involved.

I can deal with the asinine receiver moves but what they have done with Williams contract just sickens me. He's going to have the cap hit of an elite receiver or pass rusher and he's a fucking 2 down lineman. Fuck this shit.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Smh. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Maybe when they go 4-12 this year Bisciotti will have seen enough.
    Little much, no? As negative as this board seems to be, they haven't gone 4-12 since 1996.

And I just don't see a 5 win regression. Tougher schedule, yes. But have they gotten demonstrably worse??? I don't see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Obviously another move to be made yet given the amount they are clearing, so I think your analysis is incomplete. Not saying your wrong, but let's see what they do.

Is it Jensen?
    There is definitely another move coming. They'll make an offer to Jordy Nelson. If he waivers they'll start working on bringing Wallace back, which is what I think will most likely happen. Some sort of veteran TE will also be added. Jensen isn't coming back with so many other options under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Little much, no? As negative as this board seems to be, they haven't gone 4-12 since 1996.

And I just don't see a 5 win regression. Tougher schedule, yes. But have they gotten demonstrably worse??? I don't see it.
    I think they're worse at WR, and worse at TE. Wallace and Watson were both better than what they have now in line to start. I think we were extremely lucky to win 8 games last year. If we'd faced Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, and Andrew Luck, rather than their backups, we'd have lost at least 3 of those games, making us, voila, 5-11. Tougher schedule this year, worse off right now at WR and TE, and yeah.....4-12 is a distinct possibility IMO. This season is going to be a train wreck of epic proportion.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Actually, it’s worse than that. This would be the second restructure since he signed in March 2017. So basically, Oz has signed the guy to 3 bad contracts in 12 months...let that sink in.

Shas and I were having a conversation in another thread wherein he was asking for solutions versus complaints. One of my suggestions was to stop restructuring bad contracts. Shas doesn’t see B-Will’s contract as “bad” yet, and he and I respectfully disagree on that point. Regardless, I’d ask anyone, ANYONE, to point to another NFL franchise that has restructured the same player’s contract twice, within 12 months of the initial contract being signed. I called restructuring bad contracts “doubling down on stupid,” so I guess the Ravens are tripling down.
    Don't quote me, but I think the Steelers did the same thing with Polamalu on the contract he received between 2010 and 2011 (I don't recall the exact year). Of course he wasn't a two down player at that point

They know more than all of us sideline GM's. We always seem to tell the team what they should and shouldn't do. Here's the thing they are in the war room and we aren't they have guys that they pay to do what we are questioning. I may not like some of what they do but they do know inside info we don't. That's like us regular folks trying to tell a General how we can win a war. However I do believe something is brewing but I think it actually might be for Crabtree

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think they're worse at WR, and worse at TE. Wallace and Watson were both better than what they have now in line to start. I think we were extremely lucky to win 8 games last year. If we'd faced Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, and Andrew Luck, rather than their backups, we'd have lost at least 3 of those games, making us, voila, 5-11. Tougher schedule this year, worse off right now at WR and TE, and yeah.....4-12 is a distinct possibility IMO. This season is going to be a train wreck of epic proportion.
    They had the worst WRs in the league last year, and you can find a Ben Watson at TE every season...an old, slow, TE who can box out and get open for 8-9 yards per catch. They've had that type of TE every season since Pitta got hurt.

The question is whether they will improve those position groups enough to improve from the 7-9 win range to the 10-12 win range....But to suggest they are getting worse is too much.

Blog Entries

They are saying this is being done for Mosely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    An extension for Mosley should clear space for 2018, right? his 5th year option is $8.7 million.

Can't imagine they'd structure his deal so his year 1 cap number is equal to or more than $8.7 million

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Bulll we can extend mosley without restructuring Will.