Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 99100101102 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1224

Thread: Ryan Grant

Re: Ryan Grant

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I do still, because Snead and Meredith aren't going to cost what they originally agreed to with Grant.
    Both are RFAs, so their current teams can match any offer from the Ravens. At least for Meredith, I expect any successful offer to pry him away from the Bears will be close to what Grant was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    yes i watch them play. i dont talk about players i dont know. niether is worht the contract they got (or offered in grants case).
    i also dont blindly rave about every ravens move like you. i know you get paid for good PR but its too much bro

I just wanted to know your in depth reason why Grant and Wilson suck but ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Both are RFAs, so their current teams can match any offer from the Ravens. At least for Meredith, I expect any successful offer to pry him away from the Bears will be close to what Grant was offered.
    Im thinking the same thing. Theyre both young (25) and there isnt draft pick compensation, so its basically the same as signing them as FAs, which we know what that market is (crazy). The only difference is youre also trying to bid something that the other team wont just accept themselves. I could easily see either being in similar range, especially with guaranteed money.

If Im them, Im looking at a 3 year deal worth decent money (way more than the 1.3m theyre getting this year) and banking on being a FA at 28 and trying to cash in twice. you dont see RFAs signed away very often so im not sure if this hurts or helps their value compared to the open market. NOs obviously doesnt think Snead is worth 2.5m, or they would have signed him to the higher tender and been done with it. It might not take much for them to pass on him, but im not sure what it takes to get Snead to sign.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I just wanted to know your in depth reason why Grant and Wilson suck but ok.
    look at their numbers and then look at $14 mil guaranteed. value aint there.
    thats #2 money being paid to guys #3/4.

That's not really answering my question . Since you said you watch these guys play I was expecting you to give me something that stats and etc can't give me. Honestly just because a receiver was a number 3 or 4 receiver for one team doesn't mean he can't be a number 2 for another. So when teams give a player like Albert Wilson or Ryan Grant a 20 million dollar contract or more I think they believe the player has upside to be more than what they have shown in the past. Of course teams come up with that after studying the player tape and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    That's not really answering my question . Since you said you watch these guys play I was expecting you to give me something that stats and etc can't give me. Honestly just because a receiver was a number 3 or 4 receiver for one team doesn't mean he can't be a number 2 for another. So when teams give a player like Albert Wilson or Ryan Grant a 20 million dollar contract or more I think they believe the player has upside to be more than what they have shown in the past. Of course teams come up with that after studying the player tape and etc.
    Alot of it is just timing though tons of teams overpay in the 1st week of FA. Can somewhat understand it for a premium guy but Wilson? Grant? Just stupidity. Those guys aren't special you can get them later.

No idea why there was urgency for Grant.

Blog Entries

I don’t know why people think Albert Wilson and Ryan Grant suck.

I find that a lot of “fans” are all-or-nothing watchers. What I mean by that is basically if a receiver isn’t Julio Jones, then they’re not good. If a QB isn’t Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, then they suck.

These ideas have been exacerbated by inflated contracts for a wide range of players of varying skill sets.

This is why there are so many folks that compare Joe to Rogers and conclude that Joe sucks and the Ravens suck for keeping him. Well, no shit. Of course Joe sucks compared to a HOF’er. That’s like comparing a Ford Focus to a Corvette. Both get you from A to B, but the Corvette is way more fun to drive.

The bottom line is that a player is worth what an NFL team will pay them. And just because Albert Wilson and Ryan Grant aren’t on par with HOF-level players doesn’t mean they suck and can’t contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I find that a lot of “fans” are all-or-nothing watchers. What I mean by that is basically if a receiver isn’t Julio Jones, then they’re not good. If a QB isn’t Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, then they suck.

These ideas have been exacerbated by inflated contracts for a wide range of players of varying skill sets.

This is why there are so many folks that compare Joe to Rogers and conclude that Joe sucks and the Ravens suck for keeping him. Well, no shit. Of course Joe sucks compared to a HOF’er. That’s like comparing a Ford Focus to a Corvette. Both get you from A to B, but the Corvette is way more fun to drive.

The bottom line is that a player is worth what an NFL team will pay them. And just because Albert Wilson and Ryan Grant aren’t on par with HOF-level players doesn’t mean they suck and can’t contribute.
    wicked, I agree with your post 100%. I think the thing is that fans don't want to over-pay for the Ryan Grants (as Ozzie almost did) as if they were better players than they are. Sometimes circumstances prevail (as in Jensen's case), but let's not overestimate a player's value just because it's an area on need... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they are not even on par with #2 WRs lol

LOL

Based on that, Benjamin Watson is twice as valuable as OJ Howard. Look at the 2017 numbers. But I'll bet most people on here would pay for OJ Howard's upside before they gave Watson a big contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    LOL

Based on that, Benjamin Watson is twice as valuable as OJ Howard. Look at the 2017 numbers. But I'll bet most people on here would pay for OJ Howard's upside before they gave Watson a big contract.
    Draft pick to free agent is apples to oranges

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    LOL

dafuq. oj howard was a rookster bruh