Page 1 of 35 123 ... LastLast

Ravens are looking at QB early per Laconfora

Late last night I heard on the Ken Wyman show Jason Laconfora called in after the Combine and said that the Ravens are in deed all in on the QB class this year and are definitely considering QB within first 3 rounds.

I was pretty shocked at hearing this and I haven't seen it posted here anywhere. We heard they like Lamar Jackson & now Mayfield.

Might we all be shocked and they go QB in round 1? Ozzies last hoorah to leave them with a QB. Or is it all Smokescreen?

Re: Ravens are looking at QB early per Laconfora

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Late last night I heard on the Ken Wyman show Jason Laconfora called in after the Combine and said that the Ravens are in deed all in on the QB class this year and are definitely considering QB within first 3 rounds.

I was pretty shocked at hearing this and I haven't seen it posted here anywhere. We heard they like Lamar Jackson & now Mayfield.

Might we all be shocked and they go QB in round 1? Ozzies last hoorah to leave them with a QB. Or is it all Smokescreen?
    I wouldn't think Ozzie would do that to DeCosta coming in. It would have to be Decosta's pushing Ozzie to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

I would draft any other position EXCEPT Quarterback in the 1st round as the Ravens.

Hell yes hopefully they get one of the top guys in the first two rounds.

Just so everyone knows I didn't create this thread to appease the Flacco haters. I created it to provide info to all Ravens fans because I didn't see it posted anywhere.

I think QB in Round 1 is absolute mistake. We have a shot a legit WR for a change and nothing should stand in that way

Blog Entries

If they were it wouldn’t be leaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I wouldn't think Ozzie would do that to DeCosta coming in. It would have to be Decosta's pushing Ozzie to do it.
    I know yesterday Daniel Jeremiah in his new Mock has us taking Mayfield. Last week at Combine Ravens were said to be interested in Lamar Jackson (which is crazy in my opinion).

Laconfora and Jeremiah are two guys who do love the Ravens so maybe there is something to it

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If they were it wouldn’t be leaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not true man, last year we all knew they were all in on Corey Davis. It was even said by Decosta after the draft. I remember his words, they were "flabbergasted" by all the WRS being taken the way they did.

As much as I don't like it, i posted it because there might be merit to it. I am personally hoping its Smoke Screen

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Which makes sense. Deep drafts at QB don't come along often sticking to some artificial organizational timeline of well Ozzie is leaving in a year so we can't draft a qb until that happens is just stupid.

Especially when the guy who is replacing him is right next to him. Talk amongst yourselves and figure it out don't allow one of the deepest drafts in the last decade at QB to pass the organization by due to stupid politics.

I think it's a smokescreen, but I don't think I'd have a problem in the 3rd. Actually, if the right guy was there, I could see the second.

No way though the first.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

It's like every year we forget it's lying season.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'd be absolutely shocked if they took ANY QB in round 1. Now, a Day 2 selection, perhaps in round 3, is another matter and I could see it. But it may be a moot point. This could all just be part of the usual pre-draft smokescreen fest.