Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    There is no Andrew Luck in this draft. Any of the top four qb picks could be good or they all may be a total bust. College football is so different than the NFL it is not a good training ground or even a predictor for NFL qbs. The Jets are right to trade up to give themselves at worst the third best shot at getting the right qb.

What if Cleveland has the same grade on three qb picks, do they have the backbone to draft a rb at number one and a qb at four knowing that have to get one of their top three qb choices? If they don't I don't think the rb falls to them at four. If they draft a qb at one the Giants will draft a rb at two. Or Denver panics and trades up for a rb or qb. If I'm Cleveland I'm taking a rb and qb if I can at four. Isn't drafting fun?
    Sorry don't agree at all.

Luck had a high football IQ, but there is some really good looking QBS in this draft. That explains why all the teams are maneuvering around. That might explain why the Ravens are said to be in serious discussion to take a QB.

Josh Allen might have the biggest arm to come out in last decade. Teams cant shy away from that hypothetical chance.

Josh Rosen is said to be best pure passer.

Mayfield has a very high accuracy rate, another thing teams look for in prospects.

Some times a guy just hits like a 6th round Tom Brady, sometimes they bust like a Jamarcus Russell .

Teams will always make moves for the next great QB. But every year there are swing and misses

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

Luck had a high football IQ, but there is some really good looking QBS in this draft. That explains why all the teams are maneuvering around. That might explain why the Ravens are said to be in serious discussion to take a QB.

Josh Allen might have the biggest arm to come out in last decade. Teams cant shy away from that hypothetical chance.

Mayfield has a very high accuracy rate, another thing teams look for in prospects.

Some times a guy just hits like a 6th round Tom Brady, sometimes they bust like a Jamarcus Russell .

Teams will always make moves for the next great QB. But every year there are swing and misses
    I think Jfoh wasnt saying these aren't good qb prospects, I think he was saying that there isn't a clear #1 guy and then the rest of the qbs. I agree with his strategy and its exactly what I would do, take Barkley 1 and take a qb at 4. By listing the qualities of the QBs as you did, I actually think you made his point for him as in there is numerous prospects that could change a teams future and you didn't even mention Darnold.

This whole thing where people say you cant take a RB 1 I find ridiculous. If its the guy you want and that's where you pick then just take him, yes, I get the whole RB value discussion, but its ok for the Giants to take him at 2? So to me, no question am I taking Barkley 1, then worst case scenario only 2 qbs are gone when 4 comes up. Obviously this depends how high the Browns are the QBs and with their track record, maybe letting the other teams decide for them isn't such a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

None of these guys are what Andrew Luck was AIAEC.

He was the consensus #1 basically the whole time. RGIII did enter the competition, but it was called "Suck for Luck" for a reason.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    None of these guys are what Andrew Luck was AIAEC.

He was the consensus #1 basically the whole time. RGIII did enter the competition, but it was called "Suck for Luck" for a reason.
    I know a fair amount of skins fans. Back then the year they all came out, I called it. I told them all Kirk Cousins was going to be a better QB and they all laughed at me. I rubbed that shit in their face for past couple years. I knew once Shanahan was gone his career was over.
    now they whine about Cousins leaving like he did something wrong.

I know we all want more FA action but expect us to be quiet until a marquee player get's released (Like what happened with Nelson and Crabtree). We want Wallace to sign somewhere else so he can offset Brown in the comp pick formula so we get at least a 4th back for Jensen. We will only sign released players from here on out or we'll lose that comp pick like what happened with Wagner. Ebron, Timmons, Julius Thomas are probably the only notable names on our radar right now as they have all been released.

I feel like patience will pay off. We did good to add Crabtree/Brown and get out of that terrible Grant deal. Now it's just time to play the waiting game. There will be another Maclin type release after the draft, hopefully this time it just pans out better. We're wise to not touch our wallet until the right opportunity arises. Don't want to spend now and end up against the cap when a bigger fish comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'd add that on some teams (no names please) the starting QB alone makes more than $22 mil.
    So if the Jest (no spelling mistake there) get three for $22 mil. it's quite a bargain... Bc
    Only if at least one of them can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

nothing more but maybe some low cost depth moves. It's all about the draft from this point...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jeff Zrebiec just tweeted that Cam Meredith is visiting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec just tweeted that Cam Meredith is visiting tomorrow
    I give them credit for being more aggressive than they usualyl are.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I really like the idea of Cam Meredith here. We don’t have a lot of size at WR that can actually play.

Cam is 6’3” 210-215lbs.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I really like the idea of Cam Meredith here. We don’t have a lot of size at WR that can actually play.

Cam is 6’3” 210-215lbs.

I can honestly say I couldnt pick Cam Meredith out on the Bears roster. Size wise, I'd still take a chance with pryor. I cant imagine he'll bring much $ with Hurns and Snead still available
    Burn it down

Does anyone know WTF is up with the Tweet from Ian Rapaport 3 days ago?

Says Ravens are trading for Giants WR odell Beckham Jr(compensation is 1st rounder & CJ Mosley)?

Its not April 1st yet. so WTF is the deal with that?