Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

Possible inbound...

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

One free agent match that’s worth watching as we get into next week: #Colts WR Donte Moncrief and the #Ravens. Baltimore is revamping its receiving corps and Moncrief should sign a nice 1-year deal. Could he be this year’s Alshon Jeffery?

Ridiculous comparison by Rapoport, but Moncrief was liked by many in 2014, and often mentioned as an affordable target for 2018.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Possible inbound...

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

One free agent match that’s worth watching as we get into next week: #Colts WR Donte Moncrief and the #Ravens. Baltimore is revamping its receiving corps and Moncrief should sign a nice 1-year deal. Could he be this year’s Alshon Jeffery?

Ridiculous comparison by Rapoport, but Moncrief was liked by many in 2014, and often mentioned as an affordable target for 2018.
    Agree.

I liked Moncrief coming out of college, and think should be better than what he's shown thusfar, but he is not top tier WR. He's the guy you sign and expect to be the 3, with the hope he has a bust out game here or there and has occasional big plays with the ceiling of being a #2
    Burn it down

Would not mind him as the second signing with the first being a splashy one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Possible inbound...

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

I'm a fan of signing Moncrief. He's got size (6'2" 220-225lbs). He can go up and get it, he can be a deep threat, and he can be a red zone target. I liked him coming out of Ole'Miss too. Oh, and he's still pretty young (24 now, won't be 25 until August).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Some secondary WR signings I wouldn’t mind (no particular order)
    - Terrell Pryor
    - Donte Montcrief
    - Dontrelle Inman
    - John Brown
    - Taylor Gabriel

I just think by "this years Jeffrey" he means a guy that's going to re-establish himself. Moncreif was pretty damn good when healthy.

I don't think he'd be on Jeffrey's level though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

can I ask why we choose the worse year to "re-establish" the WR corp? Like this years list of FA's are not that great, the draft don't have much either in terms of good to elite WR talent. Smh the Ravens just always seem to be behind in everything they do. Last year was probably a better year to do this. Oh well better late than never they say.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Moncreif was pretty damn good when Andrew Luck was healthy.
    Fixed that for ya!

But seriously, I hope he wasn't just a byproduct of Luck. The back to back down seasons could suggest this, however the whole Colts offense has stunk to high heaven the past two years.

I did not realize Moncrief was that big (6'2", 216lb) or that young (25 in August). He could be that possession receiver we've been missing since Boldin left.

My only concern is he missed time the last two seasons (12 GS in 2017, 9 GS in 2016), but I'm not sure if it was because of injury or something else. I vaguely remember him getting hurt in 2016.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Fixed that for ya!

But seriously, I hope he wasn't just a byproduct of Luck. The back to back down seasons could suggest this, however the whole Colts offense has stunk to high heaven the past two years.

I did not realize Moncrief was that big (6'2", 216lb) or that young (25 in August). He could be that possession receiver we've been missing since Boldin left.

My only concern is he missed time the last two seasons (12 GS in 2017, 9 GS in 2016), but I'm not sure if it was because of injury or something else. I vaguely remember him getting hurt in 2016.
    Definitely a good point. His value shouldn't be too high. Could be good right player right price. Then again, WR's get paiiiid so who the heck knows.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    can I ask why we choose the worse year to "re-establish" the WR corp? Like this years list of FA's are not that great, the draft don't have much either in terms of good to elite WR talent. Smh the Ravens just always seem to be behind in everything they do. Last year was probably a better year to do this. Oh well better late than never they say.
    Between Landry being available for trade, Watkins and Robinson both not being tagged and other mid level WRs available, I'd actually say it's a very good year to be WR hunting in FA. Not often you see three legitimate #1 type receivers available. I wouldn't mind Moncreif but if they don't come away with one of those top level guys it's a disappointment and a failure IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Between Landry being available for trade, Watkins and Robinson both not being tagged and other mid level WRs available, I'd actually say it's a very good year to be WR hunting in FA. Not often you see three legitimate #1 type receivers available. I wouldn't mind Moncreif but if they don't come away with one of those top level guys it's a disappointment and a failure IMO.
    Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

they aint got no monies to compete in FA for these guys