Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sammy Watkins too. The Rams are tagging Lamarcus Joyner, not Watkins.

Ravens have some options.
    Watkins isn't very good. He's flopped for 2 teams now. Forget where he was drafted. He's an average player

I would hope that Robinson has been at top of list , if was not Tagged. I love this man game and work efforts. Coming off a knee injury which seem to be normal injury in nfl , I believe he has the work ethic and desire to be great. O and he catches the ball. I beeing hoping for this moment since he got injured. No tag and come up to CharmCity to ball out with Joe.

So would be happy if Robinson and Moncrief both can be signed. That’s a great start to me of this epic new Ozzie last ride year. Let go Ozzie , Relentless as Ravens Are
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I would hope that Robinson has been at top of list , if was not Tagged. I love this man game and work efforts. Coming off a knee injury which seem to be normal injury in nfl , I believe he has the work ethic and desire to be great. O and he catches the ball. I beeing hoping for this moment since he got injured. No tag and come up to CharmCity to ball out with Joe.

So would be happy if Robinson and Moncrief both can be signed. That’s a great start to me of this epic new Ozzie last ride year. Let go Ozzie , Relentless as Ravens Are
    Robinson and Moncrief plus a draft pick really would be a reset. That's a plan that could really work

4. 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Watkins isn't very good. He's flopped for 2 teams now. Forget where he was drafted. He's an average player
    Flopped is a bit harsh...

Year. G. Rec. Yds TD
    2017. 15. 39 593. 8
    2016. 8. 28 430. 2
    2015. 13. 60 1,047. 9
    2014. 16. 65 982. 6

Setting aside his injury year in 2016, BPR has already posted an explanation for 2017; dude was constantly open and the QB never threw to him; basically, he was schemed as a decoy, to take the top off of the D, and Goff could never get through his progression to see him running wide open. Even if you don’t want to buy into that explanation, he had nearly 600 yards and 8 TDS as the Rams fourth option behind Woods, Kupp, and some guy named Gurley.

Of all the hot names now being Landry, Watkins, Robinson what happened to the boards Man Crush on Jordan Matthews from last year?

How many wasted threads were created last offseason and now not 1 mention of Jordan Matthews? LOL

I was never high on him, but he was a fascination of this board, now he is a free agent and not 1 whisper.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Robinson and Moncrief plus a draft pick really would be a reset. That's a plan that could really work
    Tons of flexibility in the Draft at that point...

Could go #TeamBigWR and target Sutton or ESB or Scott or Tate
    Or grab a "complement" WR with Moore or Ridley or Miller or Hamilton
    Could also move down/up for your TE1 and still grab a WR late on Day 2.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Of all the hot names now being Landry, Watkins, Robinson what happened to the boards Man Crush on Jordan Matthews from last year?

How many wasted threads were created last offseason and now not 1 mention of Jordan Matthews? LOL

I was never high on him, but he was a fascination of this board, now he is a free agent and not 1 whisper.
    Players don't perform as expected?
    Better options are available?
    People change their opinions?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post

Year. G. Rec. Yds TD
    2017. 15. 39 593. 8
    2016. 8. 28 430. 2
    2015. 13. 60 1,047. 9
    2014. 16. 65 982. 6

Setting aside his injury year in 2016, BPR has already posted an explanation for 2017; dude was constantly open and the QB never threw to him; basically, he was schemed as a decoy, to take the top off of the D, and Goff could never get through his progression to see him running wide open. Even if you don’t want to buy into that explanation, he had nearly 600 yards and 8 TDS as the Rams fourth option behind Woods, Kupp, and some guy named Gurley.

All credit to Miz. He had the good dig on a really nice article about LAR and Sammy.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

I’m still very much on board with Jordan Matthews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

A Rob + Moncreif + Moore/Miller would be a reset
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post

Year. G. Rec. Yds TD
    2017. 15. 39 593. 8
    2016. 8. 28 430. 2
    2015. 13. 60 1,047. 9
    2014. 16. 65 982. 6

The Rams who traded for him aren't interested in bringing him back unless it's on the cheap. Watkins had just 1 game with more than 100 yards and it was also his only multi-TD game. It was early in the season against what was a bad 49ers team.

When crunch time came at the end of the season Watkins yardage totals were 38 yards, 21 yards, 14 yards and 30 yards. That was on 11 catches and he was targeted 23 times. That's not even a 50% catch rate. He caught 1 pass in the playoffs for 23 yards and was targeted 4 times. If Watkins was just a decoy then why did they throw to him so much?

Watkins is a very talented athlete but not a good receiver. He's not bad either but certainly not worth the top dollar he's looking for.

I'd say nay to Watkins. Mostly becuase of injuries. I'd be investigating A-Rob's knee hard too
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB