Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Oscars

Blog Entries

Re: The Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I heard it got the lowest ratings in it's history last night. :) Ratings fell 16% from last year
    Good for Kimmel, lol.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

All awards shows are dumb.

The only thing dumber than awards shows is the people who get riled up about them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

One of my favorites, Mark Steyn is filling in for Tucker tonight on Fox News. He is roasting the Oscars. Lovin' it.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I stopped watching in the '80's.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

The only thing dumber than awards shows is the people who get riled up about them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

I agree with you, but I don't think anyone here is getting riled up by these award shows.

I do think it's newsworthy to point out that the show is almost a microcosm of what's going on in the country right now. The ratings drop and the show's theme in itself is a good indicator of how disconnected from reality these elites are...yet they continue to tell us how to think, speak, and even vote. The country is sick of it.

Just my 2 cents :)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I heard it got the lowest ratings in it's history last night. :) Ratings fell 16% from last year
    Two mains reasons I can think of:

1: Everybody was expecting this to be a night of soapboxing. The last two Oscars were soapboxing for African American things, and this whole past year, people have been more concerned about women's matters, so everybody knew that it was going to be a PC whinefest. Some people may like that stuff, but I think that they're in the minority. If they were concerned with viewership, pandering to a group of people for the last two years who don't care about white people awards shows doesn't make a lot of sense.
    2: Typically the ratings coincide with how popular the movies are that will get major awards. If a blockbuster is in contention to get many of the top awards, you'll get high ratings (like Titanic, LOTR, Avatar, etc.), when they're obscure indie art films, the ratings will be a lot lower. I guess that Lala Land had some mainstream popularity last year, so despite losing to Moonlight, it had some interest. The odds on favorite was Shape of Water, which was another indie art film, which a very feminist, anti-men message. So it made sense that it the movies weren't going to draw a lot of interest for it.