I'm pleased to read this (scout the scouts)

Article on Ravens site, re: interview with Joe Hortiz:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...d-7871f853ce7f
    It’s a historical assessment that then goes on the scout’s record to build a profile. “We’ll assess each of our scouts, their strengths and weaknesses, their strong positions, their weak positions,” Hortiz said. “We’ll say, ‘These are your three bottom positions, go back yourself and look and see why you missed on these guys.’”
    Baltimore also runs checks to see if they simply aren’t valuing certain positions enough (or are overvaluing others). Is the rest of the league valuing (and drafting) wideouts higher than Baltimore? These are all questions and trends that the team’s scouting analytics department has explored and changes have been made.
    Obviously he can't go into too much detail about specific changes. But it's nice to see that they are striving for some kind of "continuous improvement" process. In the end, that's all you can really ask.

Re: I'm pleased to read this (scout the scouts)

I listened to the whole podcast, it was a pretty good listen. Hortiz is a pretty solid dude I think. Wonder if there is any thought to sliding him to DeCosta's current Assistant GM role at some point.

This article doesn't say its anything new. It states "every year" as in its been an on going evaluation process and nothing has improved. Its actually gotten worse last few years because we are missing out on the early selections and finding a few good ones like Wagner or Jusczyk.

But the way the article is worded, we haven't heard or seen anything since Steve B presser to indicate any changes have been made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Article on Ravens site, re: interview with Joe Hortiz:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...d-7871f853ce7f

Obviously he can't go into too much detail about specific changes. But it's nice to see that they are striving for some kind of "continuous improvement" process. In the end, that's all you can really ask.
    If it's true that Harbs is making the final calls, then I expect most scouts point to being overruled as what they are doing "wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    If it's true that Harbs is making the final calls ...
    I don't believe that for a moment.