Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Marcus Peters and the Unsubstantiated Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It's a need when you have Jimmy and Young both recovering from serious injuries and we can never count on Jimmy staying healthy.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I would much rather keep Jimmy sidelined until it gets down to the nitty gritty. Plug em in when December rolls around so we can finally get december football out of him.
    What does that mean? Don't let him dress for 10 weeks? What starter would agree to that? If Jimmy Smith is healthy enough to play he's going to play

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

PASS!

Why take on somebody else's malcontent. We have Smith, Carr, Canady, Humphrey, and Tavon Young.

Yes, there is some injury issues there to be concerned about but giving up a high pick when we need offense so badly is foolish. Especially for a problem KC is looking to unload, despite his physical gifts. That is a massive red flag right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What does that mean? Don't let him dress for 10 weeks? What starter would agree to that? If Jimmy Smith is healthy enough to play he's going to play
    A player that still wants to be around when theres ice on the football? I'll bet you it happens more often than you think, just teams stay quiet about it.

Unless you're content with him being out for the year when we need him most.

A player that still wants to be around when theres ice on the football? I'll bet you it happens more often than you think, just teams stay quiet about it.

Unless you're content with him being out for the year when we need him most.
    I’ll give you this Culex..you sir think outside the box. Waayy outside! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we throw in Harbs to sweeten the deal or would that be #Unbelievable?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’ll give you this Culex..you sir think outside the box. Waayy outside! Lol.

I mean I don't see any other solution man

All playoff contending seasons when he could not get through the regular season.

I think we beat the Pats in 2014 with him as well as Pitt/Cincy in the others

I mean I don't see any other solution man

All playoff contending seasons when he could not get through the regular season.

I think we beat the Pats in 2014 with him as well as Pitt/Cincy in the others
    Can’t argue the facts. Just the method is amusing. No way a guy getting paid the millions like Jimmy is “held out” till December. Hell our defense needs him every game. That’s why having quality depth is so important. Looking at how the draft worked last year , the Ravens prob shoulda grabbed another CB in round 2-3. Even with Canada’s, Young and Clark (?) I think we need another young guy. Maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Can’t argue the facts. Just the method is amusing. No way a guy getting paid the millions like Jimmy is “held out” till December. Hell our defense needs him every game. That’s why having quality depth is so important. Looking at how the draft worked last year , the Ravens prob shoulda grabbed another CB in round 2-3. Even with Canada’s, Young and Clark (?) I think we need another young guy. Maybe 2.

I've pretty much lost all hope that he makes through an entire season at this point.

Whenever he falls down awkwardly or even normally, my heart skips a beat.

If you watch Jimmy Smith's reaction to his injuries, he's more sick of it than anyone. It's not like he's getting hurt on purpose to get paid for not playing, and miss the final stretch of the season, while playing at a very high level. There are a lot more CB starved teams than the Ravens who would trade for Peters, then give him Josh Norman money without him ever playing a down for them.The Browns would probably do it. The Ravens don't need to be involved in this if the Chiefs were seriously ready to deal him.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If you watch Jimmy Smith's reaction to his injuries, he's more sick of it than anyone. It's not like he's getting hurt on purpose to get paid for not playing, and miss the final stretch of the season, while playing at a very high level. There are a lot more CB starved teams than the Ravens who would trade for Peters, then give him Josh Norman money without him ever playing a down for them.The Browns would probably do it. The Ravens don't need to be involved in this if the Chiefs were seriously ready to deal him.
    Nobody is blaming Jimmy.. but the fact remains he can't stay on the field and it'll only worsen with each injury. He's gotta try some different type of physical conditioning.

Blog Entries

Nobody is blaming Jimmy.. but the fact remains he can't stay on the field and it'll only worsen with each injury. He's gotta try some different type of physical conditioning.
    Jimmy might also realize that his body just can't handle it anymore and decide to retire sooner rather than later. JJ Watt has talked about that exact thing now that he's had 3 major injuries in the past 3 seasons. Few players make it 10 years in the NFL and Jimmy is now heading into year 8

The good news is that jimmy will probably be on pup for the first half of this year so maybe this is the year he is playing at the end of the season!