Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Marcus Peters and the Unsubstantiated Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    We would not be able to trade Jimmy right now. The dead money would be greater than the cap savings. It would be 13.5m in dead money and his salary is only 9m.

They may be looking at Peters as addition by subtraction. There were red flags on him during draft.
    I wonder if they'd take Tony Jefferson then so we could go a different route at that position? Or better yet BW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I wonder if they'd take Tony Jefferson then so we could go a different route at that position? Or better yet BW
    I don't think either of these guys can be traded right now due to cap ramifications.

I like Peters, but CB isn't a need in any way for the team right now IMO. If/when Jimmy is healthy they have 4 legitimate starting caliber CBs (Carr isn't great, but he remains a viable starter). And that isn't even including Canady who other than 4th and 12 played really well last year. I may look to the mid rounds of the draft if I have real concerns about Jimmy's injury but I wouldn't give up players or picks for Peters.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think either of these guys can be traded right now due to cap ramifications.

I like Peters, but CB isn't a need in any way for the team right now IMO. If/when Jimmy is healthy they have 4 legitimate starting caliber CBs (Carr isn't great, but he remains a viable starter). And that isn't even including Canady who other than 4th and 12 played really well last year. I may look to the mid rounds of the draft if I have real concerns about Jimmy's injury but I wouldn't give up players or picks for Peters.
    It's a need when you have Jimmy and Young both recovering from serious injuries and we can never count on Jimmy staying healthy.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I would much rather keep Jimmy sidelined until it gets down to the nitty gritty. Plug em in when December rolls around so we can finally get december football out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

It absolutely is a need. Carr is not a legit starting corner, so that leaves only Humphrey. We can't count on Smith or Canady to stay healthy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Allegedly...He's a malcontent. From a buddy in KC, the fans there are ready to see him go for a bag of balls & half a gallon of Gatorade. He left the field before a game was over, got himself suspended & is viewed (allegedly) as a "ME" guy, not a team guy. At WR & CB, you can get away w/that. He's very outspoken, very social justice oriented and has rubbed many fans the wrong way w/his focus on self & activism rather than the good of the team. I don't see him as a guy Harbs / Ozzie / Steve would want in the locker room.

Some of the stuff you said is what was said about Mike Wallace and even Steve Smith Sr. I don't really see how Marcus Peters wouldn't be a good fit in The Ravens locker room. The Ravens haven't shy away from going after players like Marcus Peters in the past but I don't really think The Chiefs are going to trade him.

Agree John isn’t dealing with his off field stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Allegedly...He's a malcontent. From a buddy in KC, the fans there are ready to see him go for a bag of balls & half a gallon of Gatorade. He left the field before a game was over, got himself suspended & is viewed (allegedly) as a "ME" guy, not a team guy. At WR & CB, you can get away w/that. He's very outspoken, very social justice oriented and has rubbed many fans the wrong way w/his focus on self & activism rather than the good of the team. I don't see him as a guy Harbs / Ozzie / Steve would want in the locker room.
    Not here, for two reasons:
    1) He had some of those same issues at Washington. Since he's already had a change of scenery it suggests that what he needs is a change in attitude/outlook. I doubt that would happen here because...
    2) Andy Reid. If Andy Reid can't "fix" him why think that Harbaugh would make the attempt? Harbaugh likely knows what Andy can't or won't tolerate. If Andy can't then Harbaugh won't.

Without knowing the cap numbers and the rest of it, I'd venture he ends up in New England, replacing Butler. The Hoodie squeezes a good year or two out of him then fools a team into trading for him. Or, he ends in Cincy. Pacman is 34 and needs replacing. Marvin is -- despite his new contract -- a dead man walking. He can zombie shamble his way with a motley crew that includes Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    It absolutely is a need. Carr is not a legit starting corner, so that leaves only Humphrey. We can't count on Smith or Canady to stay healthy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Maybe trade for Eli Apple. Rumor has it he may be moved. Or pick up DR-C if he’s cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Maybe trade for Eli Apple. Rumor has it he may be moved. Or pick up DR-C if he’s cut.

Rather have Peters. Better player coming off a far better year, plus Apple comes with some similar personal issues that Peters does.

Rather have Peters. Better player coming off a far better year, plus Apple comes with some similar personal issues that Peters does.
    Apple’s not a “kneeler”.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Apple’s not a “kneeler”.

Apple got suspended by his own team.

Apple got suspended by his own team.
    True. But to me that sounds like a young player with fire bitching about practicing with the scout team and it was also a way for the Giants to cut him w/o paying him is guaranteed $$. He has a clause in his rookie deal saying as much. Kid was pissed at the play of the team , his lack of playing and he let it out on Spagnolo. Remember this is the same team that benched Eli for some turd backup. They’re a hot mess. Peters kneeling for the anthem takes him off the Ravens list 100%. A young guy with fire...he’d be welcomed here.