Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the Mega Flacco thread?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Debating Flacco around here is like right vs left politics, there is never going to be a compromise on that one.
    The only way I see it is if the team, for once in their lives, changes their approach and focuses the team around Flacco. Then, we could finally get our answer. Whoever was right can gloat that they were right and whoever was wrong can admit they were wrong and we can likely move on. However, a QB on a defense-first team is always going to draw the short straw when it comes to philosophical focus and emphasis on surrounding talent. Thus, no one gets their answer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The only way I see it is if the team, for once in their lives, changes their approach and focuses the team around Flacco. Then, we could finally get our answer. Whoever was right can gloat that they were right and whoever was wrong can admit they were wrong and we can likely move on. However, a QB on a defense-first team is always going to draw the short straw when it comes to philosophical focus and emphasis on surrounding talent. Thus, no one gets their answer.
    Whatever amount of talent we find will just get blamed for Joes mistakes like everybody else has.

For example, everyone here seems to like later round receivers. Moore is a later round receiver, yet everyone here seems convinced that he sucks.

Maclin/Wallace have both succeeded before Baltimore. Wallace, while in Baltimore.. yet they both also suck.

I agree we need more emphasis on the offense, but the receivers we have are better than people think and I have no reason to believe that bringing in more talented receivers wouldn't lead to people just saying that they suck if it flops.

For christs sake, Ray Rice and Boldin were called average in some other thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Please don't blame the mods. They're usually between a rock and a hard place.
    Note :
    " Its far better having one thread otherwise every other thread turns into flacco. "
    and...
    " I hate the mega-threads! They ramble & meander & get side-tracked. Impossible to follow "

GOTA, they have a tough job with no easy answer. I guess they could have a poll, and have us posters vote on it. I just don't know the solution... Bc
    The only thing I am blaming the mods for is deleting the thread. Either keep the separate threads or the combined one. Don't remove content unless it's a TOS violation.

what a shame

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Whatever amount of talent we find will just get blamed for Joes mistakes like everybody else has.

For example, everyone here seems to like later round receivers. Moore is a later round receiver, yet everyone here seems convinced that he sucks.

Maclin/Wallace have both succeeded before Baltimore. Wallace, while in Baltimore.. yet they both also suck.

I agree we need more emphasis on the offense, but the receivers we have are better than people think and I have no reason to believe that bringing in more talented receivers wouldn't lead to people just saying that they suck if it flops.

For christs sake, Ray Rice and Boldin were called average in some other thread.
    I don’t agree.

If the Ravens go out and land top tiered talent and draft offensive talent and Flacco still underperforms, then I think a majority of supporters will start to look over that “fence” a bit more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only thing I am blaming the mods for is deleting the thread. Either keep the separate threads or the combined one. Don't remove content unless it's a TOS violation.
    Nobody deleted it.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t agree.

If the Ravens go out and land top tiered talent and draft offensive talent and Flacco still underperforms, then I think a majority of supporters will start to look over that “fence” a bit more seriously.

You'd be surprised. Apparently CJ Spiller is better than Ray Rice. Rofl.

Nobody deleted it.

Mum ra got deleted from the old board. It was a sad moment because it was actually full of intelligent discourse.

This one not so much. All it was full of people arguing whether Spiller was better then Rice or arguing about Jacoby Jones.

It was a blight on the board

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think the bigger question is, has Joe regressed since 2012 due to lack of talent, or because of him himself, or is it a bit of both?

Debating Flacco around here is like right vs left politics, there is never going to be a compromise on that one.
    So move it into the political forum and let it go. ;)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Nobody deleted it.

I believe you but it was active, controversial and now it's missing so it looks like someone whacked it even if it was a technical glitch. If my Ozzie to the Browns thread or your Madden season thread vanished I doubt anyone would notice or care. This Flacco thread is gone and right away there is a new thread asking why

Blog Entries

I think the bigger question is, has Joe regressed since 2012 due to lack of talent, or because of him himself, or is it a bit of both?
    It's definitely both. Joe Flacco has never been talked about as being the hardest worker like Brady or Manning. His focus was on getting paid a certain dollar amount and winning a Super Bowl. That's the same goal that 99% of the players have. Once he achieved those things he lost whatever edge he had.

Anyone remember since the Super Bowl beat writers who follow this team being amazed by the shape Flacco came in to camp in? How about comments about how sharp he looked in practice? No? That's because it hasn't happened. You can still win with a player like that but you need to bring in good skill players. The Ravens instead have been focused on retreads and have made some poor draft picks in that area. Joe comes in without a lot of motivation and not a lot of faith in his offense. His leg is still bothering him. His back is hurt. There is just no way he's going to pedal to medal in that situation. Outside of the insane competitors like Brady or Russell Wilson or Drew Brees, no player is going to.

Ben Roethlisberger with all his whining and complaining would be doing the exact same thing if he didn't have all those weapons around him. Cam Newton is doing the exact same thing for same reasons as Joe Flacco. There are very few super-motivated insanely competitive players out there. For everyone else you better get them help once you pay them huge money or they're going to look very average. They're only human