Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see a lot more Vick than Tebow. Vick was a coach killer for years. He didn't even throw for 3000 yards until he played under Reid. Coaching will be critical for Jackson. If he ends up on a team like the Browns or Bills forget about it. No way would I expect a guy like that to learn to become a NFL QB under Marty and offensive group we have. It's too bad because I do see him as a franchise type QB given time and coaching and we just don't have the second piece.
    FWIW (not much) Marty was Reids OC when Vick was there.

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

As far as him not being coached to stay in the pocket can you really blame him? Petrino was trying to win games. The team was Lamar Jackson and....
    I wasnt trying to knock him personally... its not his fault his coaches didnt try to develop him. I just shy away from athletes who are so reliant on their legs at the QB position in the NFL. When the pressure builds players tend to default to old habits, and alot of super athletic QB's haven't been coached to read their progressions simply because they've been so gifted they could get away with "Read 1... nope Take off"...

I think it could work with a particular offensive scheme, but then what happens if your QB gets hurt....does your backup have a similar skill set...or is he more of a traditional pocket QB and your back to redesigning your playbook (we know around here some coaches are slow to adapt to skill sets)
    Burn it down

I agree with Mayock that Jackson is the most athletic QB since Vick, which is why he's a prime candidate for a move to WR.

Athleticism is merely a bonus trait for a QB prospect. I'm concerned about Jackson's lack of touch, accuracy, pocket presence, and anticipation. Tough to judge how he reads a defense without sitting down in a film room with him, but his lack of consistent anticipation doesn't make one optimistic in that area.

He's also about the worst style of scrambler you want to see from a QB prospect. He bails early and often, scrambles to transition into a runner more often than to extend the play, and puts his head/shoulder down into a tackle almost as a default, rather than protecting himself and avoiding physical punishment. Cam Newton is an ox and is being worn down by the physical punishment at the NFL level. How will Jackson fair in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I agree with Mayock that Jackson is the most athletic QB since Vick, which is why he's a prime candidate for a move to WR.

Athleticism is merely a bonus trait for a QB prospect. I'm concerned about Jackson's lack of touch, accuracy, pocket presence, and anticipation. Tough to judge how he reads a defense without sitting down in a film room with him, but his lack of consistent anticipation doesn't make one optimistic in that area.

He's also about the worst style of scrambler you want to see from a QB prospect. He bails early and often, scrambles to transition into a runner more often than to extend the play, and puts his head/shoulder down into a tackle almost as a default, rather than protecting himself and avoiding physical punishment. Cam Newton is an ox and is being worn down by the physical punishment at the NFL level. How will Jackson fair in that regard?
    Ignorant archaic coaches can’t develop schemes for cats like Jackson and Vick. Jackson is young, will get bigger and is plenty Big to play qb in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Ignorant archaic coaches can’t develop schemes for cats like Jackson and Vick. Jackson is young, will get bigger and is plenty Big to play qb in the nfl.
    Nobody is plenty big to play QB in the NFL running the style he runs.

And the most intelligent progressive coaches are only going to be able to paper over the cracks so long if a QB can't consistently read defenses and make accurate throws.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They aren't comparable Lamar Jackson runs a 4.3 and had over 1600 yards rushing his JR year for 6.9 YPC.

Tebow his JR year had 673 rushing yards for 3.8 YPC and ran a 4.71.

They are in a totally different class as athletes. Tebow btw the had no other option other then QB. He could have maybe survived in the NFL as a short yardage situational RB but I doubt teams would have taken on the attention for such a minor role and even in that minor role there would be a concern about his issues with fumbles.
    Wrong, Tebow could have played HB/TE. BUt he chose not too. That was his fault. If he wanted to continue a career he could have done it.

The USA Today article. What a joke. Jackson is a great athlete, no denying that. But best QB he is not even close. His accuracy levels are on par with Vick who was a career 56%. Vick was great athelete, stronger and thicker frame than Jackson and his body couldn't hold up to the beating and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Kyle Boller had the same arm talent as Mike Vick. Neither QB was accurate passing the ball and neither is Lamar Jackson and neither was Tim Tebow or he would still be on an NFL team somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    LOL yeah I guess you forget a QB is actually supposed to throw the ball down field. Not run with it. His main job is to be able to pass the ball effirciently but everyone should have to revamp the QB position because 1 guy can run fast in college? Makes total sense

There are two types of scramblers ones that use their legs to extend plays which is what big ben does and Flacco used to be capable of doing and then there the Vicks who use their legs to get first downs.

I think because it's been so long since Vick was prime Vick people forget how dangerous he was as a runner. Honestly even at the NFL level if there is open daylight for Jackson I would want him to take it.

The one concern you sort of have with him is whether his body can take the punishment. You'd like to see him add some bulk and get into that 220-230 range which means another 10-20 pounds.

Anyways we'll see what his combine weigh in is at I'm sure his handlers have been working hard with him to get him where he needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Wrong, Tebow could have played HB/TE. BUt he chose not too. That was his fault. If he wanted to continue a career he could have done it.

The USA Today article. What a joke. Jackson is a great athlete, no denying that. But best QB he is not even close. His accuracy levels are on par with Vick who was a career 56%. Vick was great athelete, stronger and thicker frame than Jackson and his body couldn't hold up to the beating and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Kyle Boller had the same arm talent as Mike Vick. Neither QB was accurate passing the ball and neither is Lamar Jackson and neither was Tim Tebow or he would still be on an NFL team somewhere.
    lmao. Did you just say Kyle Boller had the same arm talent as Mike Vick! Kyle Boller couldn’t hit Russell Street from fucking M&T! Mike Vick played til he was 36. Tim Tebow could play HB? For who? Lol, give me more fodder!

Blog Entries

Solid analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

Saying I'm wrong isn't an actual argument he could have transitioned to HB. Show me the offers from NFL teams saying they would play him at HB.

Hell show me one. I'm sure someone somewhere at sometime speculated and said I know Tebow could play HB but there is no evidence I can find of it being a serious consideration for teams or Tebow.

Blog Entries

Do it Oz

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!